Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Voar Tok

Get Well Soon Dirk!

Even though this was started in another thread, I think that it does deserve its own thread (rather than using the other one for two things).

Dirk, I think that we all know how being sick can really suck, so I wish you a speedy recovery and some time off (you need it).

PS - I'll see if I can get ABC to schedule a Lost marathon starting tommorrow.44.gif

Wow...apparantly, dirk worked himself to near death just to update ST to 5.0! I hope you get better soon, and, thanks for everything!

*sends a few knaves to take care of him in his time of illness*

3.gif

Maybe we can get you a big bowl of chicken soup down in the Moose Factory.  Hopefully, you can get some quality snoozing in.

*Goes looking for the best pillow he can find.*

I hope it wasn't creating simtropolis that pushed you to illness!

I hope you get well again, but more importantly get some rest! 18.gif Thanks for everything you've done for simtropolis!

Originally posted by: chocolatemax285

I hope it wasn't creating simtropolis that pushed you to illness! 
quote>

Of course it was.  He has been working a full time job, then coming home and putting in another 6 - 8 hours a day working here.  The man is exhausted.

Originally posted by: dirk

Aww shucks, thanks guys..

I'm still here poking around...quote>

47.gif I wondered who was poking me! So stop it and get SOME SLEEP!!!! I am sure we can all survive whilst you recharge your batteries. I bet you don't listen to a word of that though 3.gif

Take a day off, heck, be generous to yourself, take the weekend off, God knows man, you've more than earned it.

I've been excited to see what the home page will look like when it rolls out, new to here as I am... and I think the forums look and work GREAT (despite all the "bugs" and supposed "inconveniences" to personal preferences regarding past use work patterns that I keep reading about)... but it'll happen in its time and one's health is obviously the most important consideration. Great job so far on everything, Dirk, you've got an amazing community here and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the goodies as the sections are unveiled. Get well soon! 4.gif

For heavens sake take a rest man - nothing is worth wrecking yerself over - you have done enough getting this site back up and running - OK there are still a few wrinkles to iron out, so HIRE A MAID !!!!! 9.gif44.gif

Originally posted by: vidioman

If it won't scare you, I'll give you a backrub! quote>

I dunno about our fearless dirktator...but that sure would scare the living crud out of me!  3.gif2.gif

Dirk, thanks so much for all you do/have done.  This place rocks and has like, totaly changed my life.  Hope you feel better soon dude!  I'll be prayin for ya!  God bless, Meister out.

I hope dirk will get well soon! hang on there dirk! and remember - always wash yyour hands before going onto ST...

SkiGeek

Of course it was. He has been working a full time job, then coming home and putting in another 6 - 8 hours a day working here. The man is exhausted.quote>

You're right, I apologise. I assumed it was seperate, which was of course quite stupid of me.

I do hope dirk gets better, his health is much more important than simtropolis.

I hope you Get Well Soon dirk, you deserve a break from this for a while after all the work you have put into it over the past few weeks!

Get well soon dirk! Take as long as you need to get better - don't worry about us or Simtropolis, your health is MUCH more important.

Sorry to hear you are't feeling all that well Dirk...hope this isn't because of you over working yourself with ST 5.0...wish you a quick recovery! 29.gif

Take a rest, Dirk, you deserve it. The well being of this site isn't worth the cost your well being no matter what anyone says. 4.gif29.gif

Well.. if dirk is ill, i think I can take over ST from now on.. what do you think??

Yeah, sorry to hear that you're under-the-weather. Yeah, like Voar Tok said, this was all started in the thread about the Omnibus!

It's a win-win situation when you get better...

You feel better.

We fell better because the rest of the site is up. 18.gif

Originally posted by: sloppet

Well.. if dirk is ill, i think I can take over ST from now on.. what do you think??quote>

How about we just keep this thread to giving our well-wishes to Dirk.

I just want to add my best wishes for a speedy recovery before sloppet tries to take over.  I could be Armageddon all over again. 10.gif

Originally posted by: SC4 meister

Originally posted by: vidioman

If it won't scare you, I'll give you a backrub! img] [img]quote>

I dunno about our fearless dirktator...but that sure would scare the living crud out of me! 3.gif" border="02.gif" border="0quote>

That's because you have a guy telling you to be scared of it. And it was directed at Dirk anyway. I'm sure he'd appreciate it :]

back rubs are one of the 6 things Im better than decent at ;P

Originally posted by: chocolatemax285

SkiGeek
Of course it was. He has been working a full time job, then coming home and putting in another 6 - 8 hours a day working here. The man is exhausted.quote>

You're right, I apologise. I assumed it was seperate, which was of course quite stupid of me. 
quote>

I wouldn't call it stupid.  The flu would have been a reasonable theory.  It is going around.  I had it myself a few weeks ago.

As to the back rubs, they don't scare me.   18.gif

Appreciation for Herculean efforts.

I am writing this to show appreciation for the monumental tasks undertaken by Dirk in order to provide a quality environment for SC4 aficionados to exchange their ideas and creations. While there is still much work to do in getting Simtropolis 5.0 running smoothly, it is for the most part, up and running with new and improved features, quicker page loading times, and an overall streamlined performance.

It is understood by me and possibly many others as well, that people in general, do not like change. Even if the changes are necessary and for the better, people will still complain. Please, Dirk, do not take the complaints about the changes to heart, since many of the users do appreciate the work and effort you have put into making Simtropolis a better and friendlier place.

I can only imagine that the frustrations expressed by many of the users in dealing with a new system and the inherent 'bugs/? bunnies?' that crop up when implementing new software, is magnified a hundredfold for the people implementing it. Again, please do not take the users frustrations to heart, your efforts have not gone unnoticed by me and, I'm sure, many others as well.

I, too have had some frustrating moments with the new system, such as missing files, inability to attach files and other things, but I know that this is par for the course when changing over to new software, and that things can only improve. After all, Simtropolis did not become a World Renowned SC4 website all by itself.

BTW, I recognize the avatar that Dirk uses is from an arcade game that came out in the mid-1970's. The main hero character in the game was named 'Dirk'. Coincidence?

In real life, our names may be the same, but in here, I am only,

north country dude

Sorry, didn't know exactly where to post this, and it may seem a bit to formal for a 'Get Well' card, but;

Get some rest, you deserve it. It looks as if most of the deadlier bunnies are gone. And Get Well Soon!

never mind the sig,...it's just for humor.

"BTW, I recognize the avatar that Dirk uses is from an arcade game that came out in the mid-1970's. The main hero character in the game was named 'Dirk'. Coincidence?"

I think he did that on purpose? 3.gif

@SkiGeek: 44.gif