Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reginald Chaffington

STEX Questions

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Reginald Chaffington    0
  • Original Poster
  • Im new to the whole ST site and i have a few questions. I also could be considered a Amateur to the whole computer thing too so keep that in mind if you choose to answer.
    1. How do you unzip a file after D/L??
    2.How and were do i find Texture packs and how do i install them??
    3.Wjat do texture packs do??
    4.Are there any more dependancies that i may come across when D/L??
    that is all... any help is help.

1) You extract the download using Winzip,WinRAR etc. into your MyDocuments/SimCity4/Plugins folder OR Program Files/Maxis/SimCity4/Plugins folder and they should appear in game. If this doesn't work, the building you are trying to download must be a growable which means you have to zone some Residential, Commercial or Industrial zones and get to the required stage to make it grow OR it could be a reward which means you have to meet some requirements before you can use it in your city. Some downloads have automatic installers in their zip file and if that's the case double click on it to open it and follow the instructions. If the building you downloaded comes with a ReadMe always read it as it contains useful information on how to get the building into the game.

2)On the left toolbar of the STEX there is a option called "Texture Files" and that will take you to all the texture files onto the STEX.

3) Texture Packs can be used in the Lot Editor to edit lots and they are used by most BATters and will be used as dependancies.

4) There is usually a ReadMe in the Zip File which lists dependancies or they are sometimes listed in the description. Sometimes there aren't any dependancies and so none will be listed. Most Files need SC4 + RH or SC4 Deluxe to work.

Hope this Helps! 9.gif Welcome to Simtropolis! 39.gif

Reginald Chaffington    0
  • Original Poster
  • Im NEw to the whole STEX thing so i have some questions.
    Im pretty illiterate when it comes to pretty much everything but actually playing sim city..
    1. how do you unzip files?
    2. how do you get files to work in the game?
    3. where should i store Downloaded files??
    4. How do install textures and why?
    5.is the Mega textures pack a good thing to Download??
    6.any dependancies i should download??

Threads consolidated to avoid repetition - MM

You already opened a thread a few minutes ago with similar questions 2.gif

To answer some of the different questions:

5) Mega Packs are excellent to download as it puts many different dependancy files into one big file so you don't have to search the STEX for too many files.

I think all your other questions have been answered in your other thread. 2.gif

EDIT: Thanks for joining the threads together mayormommy 44.gif