Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Nonny Moose

The need for more BBS codes

Two text handliing codes seem to be missing. Simcity.com even has them

How about COLOR and SIZE.

I know, I'll try them here:

Did it work?

Well, they didn't work. How about it?

I too wish for colour and font. But I'm in no hurry, Dirk has been working hard on improving this new 5.0 and tweeding out all the bugs involved.

Still, I an curious to why there isn't any. 42.gif

Probably will be implemented if we don't get HTML back (Which I personally think we will, dunno what Dirk thinks about it.)

In the forum config files you can enable or disable just about anything you want, and it's probably simply a matter of checking a tick box, though my experience is with other BB systems, so I couldn't say for sure, could be having to edit a config file. I am sure that when Dirk has even five minutes to call his own he will get round to it. For the time being I simply get my marker pens out and draw coloured boxes on my screen .... 2.gif

Top secret.....IF I tell you them I most certainly would have to do to you what I did to the Ole' Lady in my avatar

-Trigger oops double post sorry

J/K beebs: Its written in basic HTML code. What Browser are you using? Is it possible its your settings?

<*font color=*red><*FONT SIZE=7>*Trigger<*/FONT><*/font> this is the code I used (just remove the *) red= pick any color.

If you try this code and it doesnt work then its either your browser but most likely your settings

-trigger

<font color=red><FONT SIZE=7>Trigger</FONT></font>

Doesn't seem to be working....

Are you using the rich text editor or something?

Nope no editors of any sort

Tell me your browser you are using and then go look at your personal settings under "personal options" list and tell me what you have as the "default topic view"

-trigger

Firefox and linear. Though I don't see how the linear would make any difference.

Hmmm....(scratches head)

Give me a minute to wake up the mouse in my head so he will get that wheel turning again

TRIGGER

To be honest I really dont know. I looked at the page source code and didnt see anything really different from mine and your posts other than I am writing everything in HTML and you dont seem to be

Try clicking on the "View" tab in your FF browser go down and highlight the "Character Encoding", there are several different types like Western/Unicode/English. Which one does it show as your character encoder

I really am not sure that this would be it I am just tossing out ideas

Maybe its your java script....I dont know really

I do know that javascript is automatically implimented in some of the source code cause I can see it.

Try updating JAVA

This below is just a test

\

Trigger-tre Moving

Trigger-tre Blinking

Cool they both worked. Now thats neat looking

-trigger

dang-it double post again. Sorry guys. I get ahead of myself and hit reply instead doing an edit all the time.

I always wondered how to make moving text.  Excuse me while I learn some of this stuff.

This should be in bold.
This should be in italics.
This should be underlined.
This should be highlighted.ft>

• This should be bulleted.
  • This should be bulleted.

This should be quoted.quote>

It's on unicode and I am updating my java as we speak. I'll edit this post once it's all done to put some HTML in.

<font color=red><FONT SIZE=7>Trigger</FONT></font>

I'm at a loss...

Frankly, friends, I am flaxible enough to go with whatever system the board wants.

I have already changed my off-line editor to provide the codes specified in the link to the left labelled symbols.

If we go back to HTML, I isincerely hope both sets will be recognized.

I just set my browser to UTF-16, so let's see.

<font size="5" color="red">5</font>

Edit: didn't work yet. Later: Didn't work with IE either.

Edit: 5 How about this?

trigger's either some sort of a crazy hacker 17.gif

our just a dang lucky a.... which get's everything in html working while everybody else go crazy about it... 46.gif