Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

agregoli

How do you get huge skyscrapers?

I know this is an elementary question, but I cannot get the huge buildings I see in many other people's pictures - I have the official patches, I thought that fixed the problem?  Yet no huge buildings I didn't plop myself...Help!

Thank you...

I'm sure that somebody else already answered this question... The size of the buildings is directly linked to the population of your city, and also to the population of your region. No residential skyscrapers before a population of about, say 50k (for the ones the poor live in) or 80 k (for the ones the middle/upper class lives in). For office buildings, the "commercial population", i. e. the number of jobs in the commercial sector is what matters. You have access to this figure in the region view. These buildings usually come much later.

Just to cover the obvious....

be sure you are zoning High Density and that you have an adequate water supply...also, you will need demand to get those superstructures (of course).

These tall buildings aren't easy to get, much harder to get than in the previous games.  You gotta have lots of demand, and don't be surprised if you only get a few really tall buildings for a while.  In fact, I've only gotten one real skyscraper in a region with almost 600,000 people. 15.gif

When the Onmibus comes back up, I think that has an article in it about how to get skyscrapers in your city, the Omnibus should come up within a few days or weeks.

Getting large skyscrapers is difficult work. Eventually I got fed up and got the plop modd where all the maxis buildings show up at the end of your landmark menu.

I prefer to plop them. Once the modds and STEX get up and running agiain, I would suggest searching NDEX on the STEX. They make damn good skyscrapers.

Huge Scyscrapers? You need wealthy, healthy and smart residents. And a high population. And adequate water. And more. I like to see them grow; plopping is no fun....