Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blaze 2.0

Memory Problems

6 posts in this topic

I had uninstalled SC4 a while ago, and now I really want it back. Unfortuately, everything is stored on my C drive, which has a max space of 10 GB. (Yes, my computer is screwed.) I really want to install it, and I can install it to the D reive, which has 90 GB free space. SC4 installs there, but the saved games and regions go into the C drive. Is there any way to make SC4 load stuff from the D drive?

checkout the d: Program files/maxis/simcity 4/ plugins & regions folder.. it should help....

Originally posted by: Blaze 2.0

I had uninstalled SC4 a while ago, and now I really want it back. Unfortuately, everything is stored on my C drive, which has a max space of 10 GB. (Yes, my computer is screwed.) I really want to install it, and I can install it to the D reive, which has 90 GB free space. SC4 installs there, but the saved games and regions go into the C drive. Is there any way to make SC4 load stuff from the D drive?</P>quote>

They will be saved where your "My Documents" folder is. I don't know of anyway to move that folder to the D: drive since it is a sub folder of the "Documents and Settings" folder that Windows defaults to the C: drive.

And welcome to the ST forums.

in all versions of windows, you have the ability to change the folder that Windows access as My Documents. Right-click on the My Documents icon on your desktop and click on Properties. type in the address of the folder you want to use in the Target box, and click OK. Windows will do some file transferring, and then you should be good

Hmmm...this gets me to thinking. I have the game installed in a drive other than C, but "My Documents" is in the same place it's always been. Does this affect perfomance in any way?