Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xyloxadoria

Poll: Which Simtropolis is the Best

Which version of Simtropolis is the best?  

1. 1. Which version of Simtropolis is the best?

• Simtropolis Blue (2.0)
    • Simtropolis Yellow (3.0)
    • Classic Simtropolis

Interesting thread I think. I chose 4.0, just because I haven't gotten fully use to the changes in 5.0 yet. 4.0 was my favorite, even over 3.0, when I was around. I really like 5.0, and it might beat 4.0! I think its too early to decide which one I really like better, since ST 5.0 has only been around for a few days and is not entirely finished yet. But I really like the new features here too.

I chose 4.0 because I knew it well, but I'm really beginning to like the new theme.

Well, I guess I am gonna wait on my own vote but 3.0 was definately a golden age for Simtropolis in my mind. Growing population, all the good 'ol members I knew, blah blah blah.

In all reality, I guess that the one thing I can't get over with 5.0 is the change from most all the past versions of this site, having the main navigation on the left hand side and the new forum software style and software now on the site (and the pesky edit notes on our posts).

Anyway, 5.0 is definately a change and I'll vote once the final result is seen, which can take as long as it needs! 9.gif

Hmmm... Depends. 4.0 around late 2004-early 2005, when everything worked pretty fast? Or 4.0 in its last, paralyzed, frustrating, decrepit days, when the site was unusable?

I'll reserve judgement until the STEX and all the other features are working on 5.0...

I'm not going to vote on this yet, I think its too early to judge.  We have only just scratched the surface of what 5.0 could be... especially things like the STEX and the new CJ section dirk has been talking about.

When I believe I have enough info, I will make my choice!  Because at the moment it could be either 4.0 or 5.0... I'm just not sure! 3.gif

I personally at the moment liked 4.0 better but as soon as Dirk fixes the bugs and the stuff that was in 4.0 be put into 5.0, then I might change my mind. So used to 4.0 though. Oh yeah, and 4.0 had an actual home page! (Just kidding)18.gif

Originally posted by: Sc4jeeks

Can we really judge? We haven't even seen most of 5.0 yet.quote>

No, in my opinion, we can't fully judge it.

However, I know that ST 5.0 is going to be better than 4.0, just give it time.  We just have to trust Dirk and the admins to do what they do best.9.gif

i like the layout of the previous st.. with 30 replies on 1 page.. this is just to many info on 1 page now

it's not nice to surf along st now.. I think I even don't continue my paris cj if this layout is being remained

As currently is, 4.0 was better than 5.0. There are a few things about 5.0 that displease me. You can't host avatars offsite (and thus must have them be in JPG or GIF format), and you can't use html coding properly. However, through a strange quirk I discovered, you may be able to use it if you're patient (see my post in the bug report thread). Also, the software switch has wrecked a lot of old posts, making images broken since the tagging for them is improperly transcribed, reverting most colored text to black, screwing up some of the quotes, and destroying the html coding in posts created in plain text mode. Trouble is, this isn't fixable short of having everyone go back and edit all their old posts which are now screwed up and manually correcting things. All these posts are destroyed permanently.7.gif

The genreal bugs, though (such as a blank page or two geting added onto the end of long threads), aren't part of my basis here, sice we can assume that those will all eventualy be ironed out.

Right now it's really not that fair cause ST 5.0 is still new and is just getting started. So far we've seen just the basic forum which Dirk still is working on, then we have the chat and of course the STEX. IMO we should wait a bit and let ST 5.0 develope and then go a head and vote, just my thought 2.gif

i was unlucky enogh not to deiscover somtropolis untill a few months ago so ive only seen 4.0 and 5.0 i would be quite interested in seeing what the other versions looked like if anyone could get any screenshots

I voted 4.0...

not that i don't like the look of 5.0 (as it is right now), but i think a massively facelift and cleaning of 4.0 AND keeping the rest as it is (codes, layout, possibilities) would have worked as well...

but lets see how things develop in the next few weeks and then restart this poll 44.gif

Yes I agree it is still a little earlry to judge 5.0 but with whats planned I voted for it. However I did enjoy 4.0 thats for sure.

I like 5.0 better, because its newer, you can change your color theme, unlike the rest 5.0 has a quick reply box. I like this because if you want just to type something (to comment) and you have to get going, this is efficent. I also like how you can now rate topics to see which one is popular. Overall I like 5.0 better.

i dont think that this is a fair poll... every version has had something that everyone liked and something that we all hated... and plus 5.0 isnt done yet!

Well....I never was able to be a member during the 3.0 days,but what made me load up ST3.0 everyday and lurk was the great colors and awsome menus and such.It was pretty slow(due to cheap ass comp from 95),but I always would wait even if it took 15 mins to load...(yikes I really did love ST)

I also liked 4.0 because of the pro images and such...

5.0 is ok,but it is WAY to early to judge....the only reason the forums were opened so early was due to so much whining....

I'd have to go with this one, though it's not fully implemented yet. The red/black one and the most recent grey one had backgrounds that used to drive me *^#%ing nuts.