Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trigger_tre

Question about SIGs!

18 posts in this topic

I was curious if anyone else was able to have a "hyperlinked" image in their signature? All the correct HTML code necessary is there but I cannot seem to get it to display properly

The closest I have is what is currently in my SIG right now. But I would like the "Triggers BAT Ventures" image to be the actual link without have the text "HERE" as my link

I have tried just about every possible way I could think of, anyone have better luck?

-trigger

[*L=[*IMG]imagelink[/img*]]URL of link[*/L]

I think that should work if you take out the *'s.

There's no more HTML in sigs. 4.gif

I don't notice any difference because I was never any good at HTML. 2.gif

I believe I tried that earlier

The result was just the text "*IMG]" gets hyperlinked (without the "*" things)

Yea the limited HTML in sigs is a downfall, but I guess its necessary to get rid of huge sigs that are larger than the topic replies

I can still write HTML in the message though at least

-trigger

Originally posted by: vidioman

I miss html in sigs.. quote>

Well quite a few bb's warn admins not to switch on HTML as it can enable users to post malshious stuff and switching it off can control  what users put in there signature's and else where.

Well, I prefer the old version (4.0) with HTML enabled. But if you like HTML signatures, some bulletin boards still have them, but they also risk spam. I don't suppose signatures contribute to spam. There is got to be an option where you can enable colour in some form of FuseTalk-compatable code.

Superstar:

Could you possibly link me to the rules section, I cannot find it. I knew that many aspects of the new Simtropolis have changed, and wasnt aware of a sig img pixel maximum

I guess I just assumed that it wasnt too overly large compared to other sigs and its hosted offsite.

thanks,

-trigger

Cool I just realized I am now a "Local Yokel"9.gif

Well this is a link to a thread which has the rules within it, give it a read 2.gif

As I said the site rules have not changed and the limitations are as I said, 300*50 and not one pixel more. Please stick to this rule, seen it broken a few times in the past 10 minutes 2.gif

Thank you Superstar

I didnt realize the sigs can actually eat-up bandwidth if too big.

I corrected my sig so it is now in the 300x50 pxl limits

again thank you for correcting me, every little bit that helps keep Simtropolis running at optimal speed I giv a 44.gif to it every time

-trigger

Originally posted by: Trigger_tre

I believe I tried that earlier</p>

The result was just the text "*IMG]" gets hyperlinked (without the "*" things)</p>

Yea the limited HTML in sigs is a downfall, but I guess its necessary to get rid of huge sigs that are larger than the topic replies</p>

I can still write HTML in the message though at least</p>

<h1>-trigger</h1></p>quote>

Hmm... that should work.

I don't know why it wouldn't work, maybe it doesn't allow joining of codes like that.

beebs: Unfortunently that doesnt work. Here is a pic of the result using your method..... picnogood5yq.jpg Oh well, if anyone else can figure this out I would be most thankful. -trigger

Is that how you see it right now? Or when you try and combine the link and the image?

I think the real trouble is that I'm used to using proper html for it, have been doing so for a long time, and creating a sig without it would just be too weird.

And since we can't hotink images in sigs now, there's yet another reason why my old sig can't come back. I would always have the sig image be a link to the source pic.

Ah well, my sig shall be simple then.

BBCode is much simpler. There's got to be a way to do that, you're able to on any other forum software. It's just a matter of figuring out what goes where.

And I still just think you're too picky/bitter about all this.21.gif

I have been messing around with this all that I can

Its just confusing because under "signature" in your profile page it says that "HTML is NOT permitted. Only certain symbols are allowed" however its not accurate because more code is accepted then whats listed as accepteable symbols

Well which is it. using <*> is mostly HTML code and bbcode uses brackets [*], If you notice it accepts bbcode but when you update profile it alters it to HTML. This could be the problem, I really dont know

IF it was HTML then <*a href="NAME OF SITE">TEXT ENTRY<*/a> would work. But, it accepts [*L="NAME OF SITE"][/*L]

to link a site. But if it was BBCode then wouldnt you use [*url=]"name of link"[/*url]............but that doesnt work.

So basically I am confused

I hope an admin or Dirk clarifies this LATER......not now though becasue I want you to use your more valuable time on finishing other components of 5.0 like the STEX and Simtropolis Home Page

My feeble mind can only investigate so far before I get lost. So if anyone else has ideas or thoughts on this post it please

-trigger