Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maremet

Juicer issue...

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

maremet    0
  • Original Poster
  • I recently downloaded all the mega packs from stex and used juicer for extracting the contend. All worked well except BSC mega packs. They all gave me dat files which have numbers and "install" words in their names. I removed these extra bits from the names and placed them in to the plug-ins folder. If I am not wrong some work properly and some don't. I started to get some brown boxes. I just wonder if anyone else have the same problem and if someone have a working solution for this? Cheers

maremet    0
  • Original Poster
  • Thank for your replay kbooms1w, I had problems with all BSC Mega Props; D66, MJB, RT, swi21. They all come out with numbers and install in their names. As I mentioned before I changed their name and placed them in my plug-in folder. Hope the names are all right. On the other hand, in the game I have visible (brown boxes) problems with the following lots as far as I played recently. Lot are; Ferme Anis, BLS Rachael's Red Wines, Mark and Spencer Department Store. I might have the same problem with a SG pack but I don't actually remember. If you can help me I will be very happy. Because of system 10.4 speed problems I was terribly upset in the recent months, this only add a bit more to my frustration. By the way do you have any solutions or ease for that problem... Thanks again for your help. Cheers

I got the "wrong" names on some of those as well, don't know why, doesn't appear that anyone did anything different, seems to happen with large files, though it shouldn't matter... they should be fine, since the name of the file doesn't matter, the game references them by code within the .dat file, not by name... As to brown boxes, I don't think it's related. As to Ferme Anis, make sure you have the BSC Farming Expansion Pack installed as a whole (see the BSC Mac Archive thread for the FEP instructions). If you install BSC/BLS/CSX farms without all the components of the FEP, you will get brown boxes. Same for the Wine estate. As to GasCooker's Marks & Spencer, that doesn't really have any dependencies, so if you're getting a brown box on that, you must be missing the Model file. Can't help on the 10.4 problem, I haven't played since that upgrade...

maremet    0
  • Original Poster
  • thanks kb, I'll fallow your suggestions. Hope I can sort out the FEP. I remember it was a bit messy, at least for me. Thanks again for your help. Cheers

I had the same brown box problem after upgrading to the mega packs, too. For some strange reason bulldozing and replopping ro regrowing helped. No more brown boxes.

maremet    0
  • Original Poster
  • I think, I sort out the problems I have for now by the help of kb but I'll keep this advice in mind for future problems. Thanks orange74. Cheers