Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Voar Tok

ST's MLB News Discussion

Since we have a thread for discussing NFL stuff, we should have one for the MLB too.

Since the season is going to get started soon, do you think that the MLB honchos have solved the problems like the steroids issue?

I think they have improved it, but maybe not solved the issue. Man, I can't wait until April. Baseball season is the best time of year.

I used to get real excited about now but the Oriole have just dissapointed me so much that I just dont expect anything anymore. 15.gif

Holy crap.... I didn't know that Jays fans actually existed. I am a Dodgers fan, but I am just hoping to win the West, and we'll worry about the rest later. I think that our divison has lots of X-factors this year that will determine the winner. Like, will Bonds play over 100 games, wil the Dodger's new guys and Gagne stay healthy. The Pads are the current champs, so you have to keep them in there. Not too worried about the Dbacks or especially the Rox. Should be an interesting year.

i am expecting the normal from the Reds this year: very good hitting, plus the worst pitching staff in the league equals another long her.
but, i am hoping the new ownership will work towards improving this.

Originally posted by: drake0013

Holy crap.... I didn't know that Jays fans actually existed.quote>

C'mon!!!! Dodgers!!!! 18.gif Jays are great .... look at the names they have this year .. top in AL East!!!!

terrible news, this:

Hall of Famer Kirby Puckett died Monday, a day after suffering a stroke at his Arizona home, a spokeswoman for St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in Scottsdale, Ariz., said.

The 44-year-old Puckett, who led the Twins to two World Series titles before his career was cut short by glaucoma, was stricken Sunday morning at his Arizona home.

"This is a sad day for the Minnesota Twins, Major League Baseball and baseball fans everywhere," Twins owner Carl Pohland said. "Kirby's impact on the Twins organization, state of Minnesota and the Upper Midwest is significant and goes well beyond his role in helping the Twins win two world championships."

Information from The Associated Press and SportsTicker was used in this report.quote>

Kirby will forever be one of my favorites.class, talent, dignity. traits seen by all too few.

I heard that he had suffered a stroke, but I hadn't heard that he had died.  It's too bad.  I never new anything about him, but it seems that he was really well liked.

Originally posted by: MrCinatit Kirby will forever be one of my favorites.class, talent, dignity. traits seen by all too few.quote>

Didn't Kirby cheat on his wife and pee in parking garages in front of people? I mean, it is too bad the guy died, you never want to see that, but I think calling him "classy" might be a bit much.

And another note, what was Cincy thinking getting rid of Casey?

He was a classy player. What he did in his post-baseball life is another issue to me. He obviously had demons, but that doesn't change the fact that he was easily one of the greatest to play, and certainly the greatest Twin.

As far as next season goes, I will watch my Orioles lose on CSN more than I would like. I have resigned myself to the fact that the Orioles are going to lose. Last season was just even worse though...arrrrghhhhh the Orioles!

I'm going to be looking forward to seeing whether the Houston Astros can pull off a third-straight steal of the Wild Card series from Atlanta.  Going to the World Series is the farthest that they have ever made it, so I wonder if they will win it this time.

I don't think that HOU will get the WC this year unless Rocket comes back in May.

My post-season predictions are:
AL East: NYY

AL Cent: CWS

AL West: OAK

ALWC: CLE

NL East: NYM

NL Cent: STL

NL West: LAD

NLWC: ATL

NYY beats CLE

OAK beats CWS

NYY beats OAK

ATL beats STL

LAD beats NYM

ATL beats LAD

NYY beats ATL...

Can't wait to see how incredibly wrong I am .