Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smac0009

5.0!!!!

Can one of you wonderful admins enlighten me!!!! The suspense is killing me !!! What are the major differences that we are going to see in the STEX??? In terms of categories of blah blah blah ! 
Thanks! 

We'll just have to wait and see. I also like the new design and I am excited to see the rest of the site. Looks awesome dirk and admins.

Yes, 5.0 is cool. It will still take me sometime to get use to. But right now, I'm searching the website like crazy for cool stuff. I found a section called the Sound room, but you must ne a member to join... how can I join?? Anyways, all this stuff is cool, with a little bit of confusion mixed in... like what does Linear, threading, single, and branch mean on the top of this thread? Well, let me just click to find out!

I'm still trying to figure out how to organize the forums. Someone in another thread said we could...

Originally posted by: beebs

I'm still trying to figure out how to organize the forums. Someone in another thread said we could...quote>

If you go into Profile - > Personal Options you can select which forums you want shown, if you never visit a forum, its a good way to see only what you want to see.

cheers.

Now that's a feature I like! Thanks face-icon-small-smile.gif

Well, the STEX should be pretty interesting after seeing the forums Also, I will say the new RSS option for forum section is great! Finally, I can get updates on new posts without having to go to the site. Thanks!

You'll have to ask Dirk, as far as I know there's no way we can change usernames.

Originally posted by: clindhartsen Well, the STEX should be pretty interesting after seeing the forums Also, I will say the new RSS option for forum section is great! Finally, I can get updates on new posts without having to go to the site. Thanks!quote>
I knew you would be the one to appreciate that, clind... face-icon-small-wink.gif

lol... and ofr me that is useless... but maybe later It'll be better for me...

Originally posted by: vidioman

@Dirkie: I said hi to you in chat and you didn't say anything back quote>

lol... don't get offtopic vid!

Originally posted by: sloppet

Originally posted by: vidioman

@Dirkie: I said hi to you in chat and you didn't say anything back %7Boption%7Dquote>

lol... don't get offtopic vid!quote>

Even though it's what he's best at face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Ok...now back on topic!

Originally posted by: dirk

Originally posted by: clindhartsen

Well, the STEX should be pretty interesting after seeing the forums

Also, I will say the new RSS option for forum section is great! Finally, I can get updates on new posts without having to go to the site. Thanks!quote>

I knew you would be the one to appreciate that, clind... %7Boption%7Dquote>

Yes I noticed that. Thanks for listioning to our suggestions dirk.

I can't wait to see what enovation you have come up with for the rest of the site. You certainley good at this thats for sure, do you mind if I ask what are your IT qualifications?

wow I love the new forums and can't wait for the stex. waited till 7 pm last night for the site to come online then remembered that i'd have to wait till 12 becuase of the time diffrence so gave up

I find these new-style forums quite hard to get used to when a major change takes place. Now I can't add colour onto my signature text.

Hmm... You should be able to with the bbcode, just gotta find what it is.

Originally posted by: smac0009

Since no one has answered ... hopefully dirk will see this... is there any way we can change our username???quote>

The admins are reluctant to change lots of usernames but if there is a valid reason why you want it changed they might change it. face-icon-small-smile.gif

I can proudly say I got used to the new forums! dirk, you have to make some small changes, and this will be just as insane (the forums/site) as t was before! G/w!!

Are you gonna reinstate the old smilies?  I made quite a demonstration... earlier... face-icon-small-tongue.gif oh I mean 3.gif

I've categorized them all... 17.gif

Originally posted by: homer2

why is no more html possible

please change that, i dont like the BB code

homer2quote>

Because they haven't activated it for the forum yet, quite simply. face-icon-small-smile.gif

Different themes in your profile. Not all of them are fully set up for the forum yet, though.

Originally posted by: your_adress_here

Wow...
I leave for one week, and the whole site changes... I just have one thing to say: the colour is horrible.quote>

Looks great to me!

Originally posted by: your_adress_here

Wow...

I leave for one week, and the whole site changes... I just have one thing to say: the colour is horrible.quote>

You can change the colour of the website in your personal options.