Sign in to follow this  
pickled_pig

Simtropolis Site Bugs

Please place all bugs/problems relating to Simtropolis 5.0 here.

In the 'Show your avatar' thread in the forum games section, there's multiple pages at the end that are blanks, no posts. Not sure if it qualifies as a bug or not. face-icon-small-smile.gif

I'm assuming "author icon" is synonomous with avatar; when I try to upload my old avatar, which worked fine with the old forums, I get the following message:

There was an Error reading your Author Icon.  The error was:  Variable TEMPSTRUCT is undefined.

Anyone had this?  Anyone have any ideas what it means?

Thanks in advance.

Did you try uploading it again?

Also, the maximum size is now 80x80, I think that's smaller than the old forum. face-icon-small-smile.gif

Is it? I must be thinking of some other forum then because I swear I had to resize this one. face-icon-small-confused.gif

Hmm... I believe someone above mentioned something about forum games. Well I tried playing the The Avatar Above Me game and when I tried to post it went straight to a "Quick Reply" page and I couldn't see the actual thread in which I was posting. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if I'm doing something stupid face-icon-small-tongue.gif. We'll see.

Beebs was the person that mentioned it. Sorry beebs!

PNGs do not seem to appear properly, read my post in this thread

A quick snippet of the post:

To test the theory here's my avatar in both JPG and PNG form, both renditions hosted at Imageshack:

JPG:
seafoodstavatar5dt.jpg

PNG:
seafoodstavatar3cs.png

Any idea why the PNGs may not be working?quote>

EDIT: Apparantly other people can see the PNG... but I still can't face-icon-small-confused.gif . I couldn't imagine it having anything to do with my browser, quite a few users here use IE 6.

why do sometimes you see someones name in the "last posted by" line on the main forum list, but when you view subforums, that person has not posted last on any of the subforums?

Originally posted by: beebs

Did you try uploading it again?...quote>

Four times.

Should I try a new avatar and see what happens?  It looks like the best idea.

It also looks like if I post the 21st reply on a page, it will refuse to show.  It says I have posted, but the reply number refuses to go up.

...hmm this must be it, has 'Official' in the title.
HELP!

How do you attach files to messages?
The files uploaded okay, but they don't seem to stick to the file they are supposed to be attached to. When you select the 'green diskette' icon, nothing seems to happen. On the "Edit Screen", The field after Attachments: remains blank. After editing my message, no attachment was found. Am I doing something wrong? Does this only work on new messages?

ncd

Originally posted by: hamsterTK

why do sometimes you see someones name in the "last posted by" line on the main forum list, but when you view subforums, that person has not posted last on any of the subforums?quote>

Someone probably posted in the subforum he/she had posted in.

About the .png's, I can see it fine.. what browser are you using?

+Guest   

Originally posted by: Fischbob

PNGs do not seem to appear properly, read my post in this thread

A quick snippet of the post:

<snip />

[Any idea why the PNGs may not be working?quote>

EDIT: Apparantly other people can see the PNG... but I still can't . I couldn't imagine it having anything to do with my browser, quite a few users here use IE 6.quote>

HI some of your topics don't have any photos on them any more I have two I subscirbe too  that dont have any photos

These to listed below

Simtropolis Forums - New york city..! Have a look
Simtropolis Forums - The Millennium Stadium

Both topics have pictures in them, it could just be a problem with your browser.

Unless there were specific pictures missing. face-icon-small-smile.gif

Also, could you change the links? They're stretching the page a bit. face-icon-small-smile.gif

I don't know if it's just my browser, but hyperlinks don't turn blue; they are just black like the other text.

Originally posted by: Gman55

I don't know if it's just my browser, but hyperlinks don't turn blue; they are just black like the other text.quote>

mine too (internet explorer)

They turn blue when my mouse scrolls over them, but are black normall if that's what you mean. A bit of a pain, I agree. face-icon-small-smile.gif

They turn blue when my mouse scrolls over them, but are black normall if that's what you mean. A bit of a pain, I agree. quote>

yup that is what mine does, probably not a bug I guess, just a setting on the website...

This is what I see when I look at my post above:

pngglitch9th.jpg

When I refresh the page, the PNG appears for a second or so, and then turns into that dot.

Beebs: I'm using Internet Explorer 6.

well it isnt really a bug more than it is an annoyance... can someone please order the posts from newest to oldest... because right now its all just mixed and its hard to find a post from 2 seconds ago...

Don't work in my IE either, weird. I'm using FF and they work perfectly. Winonanick- Probably. Thankfully, if they don't change it, there are other ways to make a link more noticeable.quote>

is that supposed to link somewhere? 

what are these other ways?

Links back to this topic. If you hadn't noticed, I bolded and italicized a section of text.

Other ways to make text 'show up better' is by highlighting it.ft> Though it doesn't look as good.

Yes, I am having a problem as well... when I keep going to the "The Avatar above me", I can't go to the last page... it appears to be crushed between the bottom and top of the forum page... I can go to all the other pages, but not the last.

Just a note...the title bar text on the "Latest Topics" page reads "Simtropolis Forums - Registration Agreement." Oops?

The problem with missing pictures could be because they were hosted on ST before the changeover....the pictures you are seeing are most likely hosted off-site. I know that is the case with a few pictures from my journal..I usually host of-site at imageshack...but there was a week or so that I could not acsess imageshack so I hosted here...and forgot to go back and upload them to imageshack

Now with a bit of a suggestion...with the old forums someone had gone though and made a thread (tutorial) on the coding for stuff like sigs...changing colors and such. Is there anyone that would be willing and able to do the same thing again to help some of use non Html/css/whatever masters face-icon-small-smile.gif
I think that would help clear up a lot of confusion when it comes to "why is my sig not working" or "why are links not showing up" and such

You mean with the BBCode? I'm not bad at it, myself. face-icon-small-smile.gif It is a LOT more basic than HTML as for what you can do with it though. Just the basic links, images, change color, bold/italicize etc.