Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirktator

Welcome back to Simtropolis!

543 posts in this topic Last Reply

Dirktator    2,030
  • Original Poster
  • Well we are back... sort of. At least the forums are, and the rest of the site will trickle in over the next few days. There's been some drastic changes under the hood, so thanks for all your support and patience!

Thanks to Meg and Samantha for slugging through the upgrade process with me! Big thanks to all the donators and sponsors for helping us get our needed upgrades.

Explore the forums, I'm sure there are features you miss from the old forums -- well, you'll just have to get used to it ... face-icon-small-smile.gif There are some pretty cool features here too, so check it out, and please bear with us through the bugs...

So.. how is everyone?

-dirk

Welcome back peeps, I hope everyone is enjoying the sparkly new forum...don't you just love the smell of fresh paint and newness?  Thanks must go to the Dirktator, for his work with the data migration and getting the new system running and live on the internet...nice job Dirk face-icon-small-happy.gif

Ok...so we're back! It looks great! It will take a little getting used to...But it looks really cool! Special thanks to dirk and all the admins for working hard on this...they really have put a lot in to it...thanks guys!

Good to be back.... kinda..... I'm hoping you guys are just using the default theme for the fourms... or something... cause ya need the grey back for sure... also will we get avatars back? or will they need to be reuploaded?

Well, its great to be back! The forum is looking interesting, its nice to see the forums back up and running. These pop-up reply windows are very handy! The theme looks nice, although I think I prefer the classic grey. Its a shame we appear to have lost all the avatars and signatures, all well! Nothing like a clean slate! I will have to explore this! Oh, and I've been meaning to say this for a while Dirk, thanks so much for the STEX CD, it has been fantastic, especially for the times while simtrop has been down. Thanks!

Wow, this is definately a difference from the past, WOW! Looks like the site has a new look and the rest is still yet to come. Can't wait to see the final result!

Dirktator    2,030
  • Original Poster
  • Hey guys... if you don't like the theme, keep in mind this forum supports multiple themes.  That option will appear under your Profile Settings. 

Look forward to some various themes... We worked hard on making a unique Simtropolis theme that had a dash of colour but was still easy on the eyes...

Dirk...the background really reminds me of 3.0...I am really hoping you might do a SimTrop 3.0 theme? That would be uber...The whole current skin reminds me of 3.0 really...

Thanks Dirk!!!!   I'm glad the forums are back....  Can't wait to start exploring and getting used to the new format and settings.... 

railrod7 face-icon-small-cool.gif

Anyway, now a serious post... The new forums look great, dirk! It will take a bit of getting used to, and stuff but, it will be fun! Man, it was tough..being without Simtropolis for a week. I have this log onto ST reflex of sorts, and it felt weird that..the reflex led to an empty page... it is great to be back! face-icon-small-smile.gif

This theme is growing on me! I'm starting to like it a fair bit actually! The only thing I have is that in the CJ forums, the scroll bar in the posts make it so you can only see a part of the CJ pictures, which I persionally find quite distressing. And the line breaks I'm trying to put in this post aren't showing up, but just a lump of text is... hmm... maybe its firefox. Good luck with the rest of the site Dirk!

Well, I like it. Good that the site is back. However, I dunno about the new forums. Not so hot. But I guess I can live with it. Heh. Well, good luck on getting the rest of ST up, dirk!

Welcome back....just a few questions..

Are we going to get the ability to use avatars hosted off-site...reather then uploading them here?

When I try to post in my journal thread I get a message that the message title must be between 1 and 255 charactors long....Do I need to tittle a reply to a thread that already exsist?

How can I find out the anwer to my secret question....??  I dont remember...I know my login, password...but cant edit my profile due to know knowing what my answer is... 

How much of a jerk do I have to be to be nitpicking the changes and its only been a little bit sense they have been up? face-icon-small-smile.gif

But what I really would like to say...is that it is so good to have ST back....have a good weekend