Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SimsPlanet2

SimPlanet2's City Journal!

Hi all. Im new on the forum here. My English is bad, so i cant post text by the photos, but you can watch the pictures 1.gif Enjoy it.
This is my latest city; Maria City
339429MariaCity-23-Feb.jpg

61820MariaCity-23-Feb-2.jpg

There will be a update very soon 1.gif

Well, it's not griddy but a bit... square. I think you could use some diagonal roads 1.gif But on the other hand, I really like that the bigger buildings are in the center surrounded by smaller development 19.gif It looks well organized and realistic 44.gif

Good start. Seems that you like to use bus stops... Well bus stops are cheap and effective. Biggest buildings in the central of the city, brings some realistic look for your city. Looking forward to more.

LOOKING GOOD. its a very ordered grid layout seeing as you are using bus stops you could get some road side bus stops that place necly on the road. You can getb them from stex when its working again or from the sim city website's extchange

very good, i use the bus stops a lot too...
your might want to look at that soccer field in the first pic,
running into a tree while playing soccer doesn't feel good
trust me. LOL!

I really find the selction of Bats grand and also quite fitting.I also like the transportation network and all greenery throughout your fair city!

Keep up the good work!face-icon-small-happy.gif

Thanks all for the compliments. @SCDawg; I don't use the soccerfields, so i put some trees over there, because the air was dirty, so now it is a lot more cleaner. Do you know what i mean? (I can't find an another word for dirty)

Although it is, yes, a bit squarish and unrealistic, you're using a lot of custom BATS, which offsets that.  If I had to suggest one thing, make your city blend a bit more natrually into the environment.  Add some suburbs.

Even though the transition between high buildings in low buildings is a little sudden, brutal, the city as a whole looks rather pretty. I have a suggestion, though : in the future, replace some of your avenues by one way roads going in opposite directions and separated by gardens, like this : <---- garden ----> It gives variety.

Great CJ, really pretty. I have to agree with Simmax though, the impact of the highrise amoungst the low density developments is rather shocking. You might want to zone an area of medium density development around the city centre to add realism. Other than that, good work! 9.gif