Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psycholu

SPQR Roman buildings

SPQR

Some time ago some folks here were asking if I's start a Roman-CJ or a BAT thread. After spending a few thoughts on that (and not being a really good CJer)I thought a BAT thread is a great idea and so... here we go!

First I want to give you a short overview on the projects I am working on:

Current projects:
Campus Martius
Balbus Theatre with small Porticus
Area Sacra di Largo Argentina

• Temple A - Temple of Juturna (the coloured one)
  • Temple B - Temple of the Fortune of the Present Day
  • Temple C - Temple of Feronia
  • Temple D - Temple of the Lares Permarini

Forum of Trajan
Basilica Ulpia
Roman & Greek Libraries
Trajan's column
(Markets of Trajan)

Most of the work here is already done - as you can see in the pics below.
Though the BATs are not yet ready there are a lot of buildings I want to start soon:

• Circus Maximus
  • Theatre & Porticus of Pompejus
  • Porticus of Octavia (with Temples of Juno and Jupiter)
  • Temples of Apollo and Bellona
  • Theatre of Marcellus
  • Temples of Hadrian and Matida
Theatre

The Theatre of Balbus is nearly finished (it just lacks nightlightning yet).

Area

The 4 Temples of the Area Sacra on Campus Martius (from right to left: A,B,C and D). The models as such are finished and texture is now to be put on.

ForumTraian-bwpv.jpg

Trajan's Forum still is under construction (Portico around the Temple ins the background, horse statue in the spqare in the front and Trajan's column. I am not sure if I will add the Markets, because the BAT will be a quite large when finished (about 8x15). Therefore I am thinking of splitting it into 2 or 3 lots. not sure yet.

So, I think this gives you a nice overview of what to expect in the near future. If you should have any comments/feedback of any kind, feel free to post.

Cheers, Psy!

>> View my Roman BATs on STEX <<

6.gif I want, I want ... gimme, gimme gimme!!! Those are INCREDIBLE!!!44.gif Might not mix well with my Wild West stuff, but ..... I have got to have these. As an author working in the field of classical myths and legends these are just up my street ... or should that be Roman Road!

Keep working on them and please please please put them on the STEX ASAP!29.gif

My 25th BAT is ready for download !

Lucius Cornelius Balbus (the Younger) dedicated this theater, with the approval of Augustus, in 13 bce. The opening celebrations were extravagant and carried out as planned despite the flooding of the Campus Martius by the Tiber River.

In the year 80 the Great Fire in the Campus Martius badly damaged the Theatre of Balbus, as well as many other monuments. It was renovated serveral times by different Emperors. At least parts of the theatre seem to have survived other fires, earthquakes and floods until 7th or 9th century when it was used as a glass factory, a trash dump, and a lime factory. During the Middle ages it then served as a foundation for the Castrum Aureum.

A few buildings next to the theatre should be finished soon (i.e. the 4 temples of the Area Sacra).

Hello, Psycholu.

I've commented to you before as to how much I enjoy your BATs. You really are a very talented BATter and your BAT certainly bear this out.

I am very excited about your current work and am looking forward to it.

I wanted to let you know that your Roman series is going to be used very prominently in a CJ I am planning (at least in the early years of its history).

They will be used as the religious and civic buildings for the Clan of the Stones.

More to come...

Regards,

Vandy

Hello have you any plans for doing a collosuem (excuse the spelling) I would like a full one for one of my citites rather than the ruin of the one in Rome

Hello have you any plans for doing a collosuem (excuse the spelling) I would like a full one for one of my citites rather than the ruin of the one in Rome

okay - back from a lot of (non sc) work. I did not have much time to work on any BAT but this should change.

Thanks for these most interesting links kiknos!