Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schiller22

Where to take Rails?

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Greetings to all.

I had a Huge problem!

Please, help me!

I do not know AS WELL AS where to take Tram rails

I have stops for a tram and trams BUT I can not find rails!

How to connect? Where to take Rails?

How to me to be and what to do?

Help me!

I am pretty sure there is no real point for trams. Except for commute time, and the ground light rails into certain buildings. You cannot take a tram into the subway or visa versa.

If you mean you have loaded down some Ground Light Rail stations from the STEX, you need the NAM to get the GLR puzzle pieces to make the tracks. The download for the NAM is on the home page near the bottom.

If this is what you are doing, you must read the documenetatioin for the NAM. The GLR part is Beta, and can cause your game to crash. When playing with any puzzle pieces at all, you need to save frequently. Dragging any puzzle peice over a transit enabled lot (like a station) will cause a crash to the desktop. Use the highest magnification, and be very careful.

The GLR is part of the NAM, available here for PC and here for MAC. You can find the GLR tool at or near the top of your Miscellaneous Transport menu (with the bus stops and el-rail). Just a note of caution though, place your tram stops last, otherwise the game may crash while you're laying the rail portion.

@SimTrim101, on the contrary, the GLR includes a GLR to Eleveted transition piece. Also there is the NDEX GLRtoSubway Transition and the Hillside GLR to Subway transition by Morifari .

Hope this helps.

Wow all that doom amd gloom about Trams?!  I found them to work quite well with never a crash.

Just download the NAM first and follow the intructions to place the place the puzzle pieces.  It can get a bit frustrating at first, but I have created a few decently used sytems.

Cheers!