Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tfo4321

Plugins Help?

16 posts in this topic

I have downloaded so many plugins that the game is now becoming unenjoyable to play because I have to search for so long in those menus of pictures to find what I want.  Is there any way to organize these plugins so that they are easier to search during gameplay?

Yes, there are. I can't remember exactly where these things are, but there is something where you can organise plugins by region and another where you can organise the menus. (right?)

I don't play the game much. Try looking around the forums and see if you can find it. There might also be a blurb on the home page. 1.gif

uhmm..

hello..why do the plugin i put in the \my doc\sim city 4\plugin (*.dat) file doesn' seems to work

althought i'd tried using startup manager..still can't detect the plugin i've all ready put there?

am i missing something here?

i've downloaded a few plugin from the modd and download section..

all the files are in (*.dat)..

am i missing something to apply the plugins..

No.  Just put them in your plugins structure with the appropriate references.

If you were expecting .sc4lot, .scdesc, .sc4model files, they are probably contained in the .dat's.   there is a program by Ilive called Files 2 dat you may want to have a look at.

where should i put it since i've already tried putting it in the mydoc/simcity4/plugin..it didn't work and i'd tried in the maxis/simcity4/plugin it also didn't work..where should i put it

and is it any difference between sc4 and sc4 deluxe?

First of all, don't put anything in your My Programs\Maxis\Simcity 4\Plugins directory.  This is an installation directory and should not be used as anything not put there my Maxis.

Your .dat file should be placed (until you get on your feet with plugins) directly in the My Documents\Simcity 4\Plugins directory.

What did you download? 

If it was a ploppable lot, it should show up in your menus.  If it was a growable lot (RCI), then it won't show up until the randomizer selects it at its level.

it's the start with a large sum of money mod and the hardy car durability mod..both won't even work..

why?

I don't find anything on the mods section with those key words.  Did you get them from here?  If so, are they from the STEX, and if so, what are the proper titles?

the Simoleon Mod by RaphaelNinja may have been removed from the STEX, but i remember it well. i modified it to give me insane amounts of money when i started a new city.

@flea

just to get this out of the way, as this is quite common of a mistake, did you check all the difficulty levels to see if the simoleon mod works? if i remember correctly, there are three difficulties you can choose from when starting a new city, and the simoleon mod had several combinations. so make sure you install only one to your plugins directory, because a conflict might cause what you're experiencing.