Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

isc9114

Transportation Add-Ons

Hi. I recently joined this site, and noticed an article or thread that mentioned a bunch of add-on transportation things, such as a ploppable item that says that no freight trucks can travel on that road, among others. I looked several places and could not find the file to download. Where might I find this item?

-- A Very Transportationally Frustrated SimCity Player (damn commute times!)
--- Ian

If you like transportation, I suggest you download the NAM which gives you many more transportation options (eg. trams,roundabouts). It can be found here:

This mod here looks similar to the one you described:

EDIT: Welcome to Simtropolis! 39.gif I hope you enjoy yourself at this great website! 10.gif

Have you checked the Modding files to the left?  Sim1234 gave you a link to one and I believe that there are a couple of more including one for trains. Some files don't have the name you might expect so you need to be patient and persistent when you search the STEX10.gif

The NAM can be found on www.stnam.com. The Modding section should be up within a few days and it will then also be available from there.

I don't understand the NAM.  I was excited about it, but after using it five minutes, it crashed my game and I said screw that...deleted it.  Maybe if it's more stable in the future...

If your having problems with the NAM, then you're either NOT reading the instructions or your doing something wrong... the latest one OCT 2005 is idiot proof.. if you're still having problems with it, it might be that you have some conflicting files in your plugins directory

ok make sure you picked the correct version, eg if your running the uk version you picked left hand drive, and if your picking any where else your picking right hand drive.

The GLR (ground elevated rail) can crash your game when you put it over a transit enabled lot, something that happens to be a lot. The same can happen when you use the elevated rail with the road underneath it. Some people never have problems with them, while they crash my game non-stop for people like me. The elevated roads and rail, new highways intersections and the roundabouts are fine and you'll probably want to keep those installed because they add variety to a rather boring (aka, without Simtropolis) game.