Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodent1989

Open Grass

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

rodent1989    9
  • Original Poster
  • Maybe Ill get a picture soon, but im sure you guys know exatly what i mean. The grass in the Open grass area is a different color than the Park Greens. The Airport grass and the grass lots that come with the marrast embankment pak are also diffferent.

I dont like that I cant make anything match. Is there (anywhere) where I can get a 1x1 2x2 and 3x3 grass lot that is the same color as the default game version only without the pond, or the benches?

there are plenty parks on the STEX...can match just about anything to anything...or even make your own 29.gif, quite a few tutorials and threads on the matter

i would stick to creating a new park or using a new park over editing the original files...personelly I like to keep the original building parks etc...in the game...their great fall back for testing things out....and once you start changing the original lots and parks....it may mess things up latter if you do need to test things out

you'll need the LOT EDITOR and the BAT (officials downloads) pick up the SC4Tool  program on the home page (just scroll down) belive it has texture edit capabilities now too...get it just for it scan abilities44.gif

hey.

sorry for popping this up again, but that's themost like what I wanted to ask:

I wanna change ALL the grass textures in game (base textures for lots, not the terrain grass) to like 2 diffrent ones: the airport grass and ONE nice green grass so I can get rid of these like 10 different greens.

Now my problem is I don't know how to find the right texture props.

In which file are they and could I change them with Ilive's reader (like simply replacing them)?

There are two things that I can think of doing.  The first is to open all of the lots you want changed, and to just change the grass.  I think in order for things to show up in the LE they need to be in the my documents folder, and they can't be in any subfolders (I think, I don't completely remember).

The second thing you can try to do, is you can make all of the texture IDs have the same image, so that all of the different grass textures are automitically replaced.  You'd need to do some modding that might be complicated.  I don't know the specifics but I figure it could be done.

I personally like the grass used in marrasts embankment set.

hey jason.

thanks, this is what I wanted to do.

Ehm... are the IDs of the textures actually the ones shown in the LE? if so, I think I'll handle a replacing somehow...

EDIT: I mean a replacing of the textures themselves to make em equal... Replacing the textures in the Lots wouldn't be what I wanna do, too much work actually.

rodent1989    9
  • Original Poster
  • haha, i forgot that i made this thread.  I have jeronij's parks and his golf kit, so they come with the grass i needed.  Good luck to all of you!

Heya all!

Just wanted to tell that I was able tu actually made the different grasses match each other without reworking the lots in the lot editor.

I reduced my activity to these grasses definately used in the maxis park sets, so from the 1x1 open grass to the 3x3 park, every lot with gras has the same grass texture.

I made it as 1 simple plugin dat file and it works as intended. That means that the original grass textures are just overruled by the ones in my file. Of course this means that the changed grass textures are everywhere the same now, that's why I tried to reduce the replaced grass textures to the absolutely necessary, in fact just these used on any original park, but I think this will even make most park-sets from the stex matching each other and the original park set. gotta check this aswell.

EDIT: dirty/sandy grass, low-wealth grass, airport grass and of course the terrain grass aren't affected by this.

So, all to do is here and there a little tweaking and a final test with all other plugins I have (what certainly means VERY MUCH, check my sig) and I'll load it to the stex, yet planned are several different versions to chose from.

whatcha think?

I think every open grass is tree enabled...

anyway, what I'm doing is replacing textures, not making new lots, so concerning trees nothing changes.