Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mary Maurine Mayo

Sim Mars help

57 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mary Maurine Mayo    707
  • Original Poster
  • As the Sim Mars building Team leader I am asking any one who has time on their hands to help me finish up this set.Please if anyone would like to help me out here I would apprecate it.

below you will find info on the style of buildings we need.

R$
    R$$
    R$$$

Co$$
    Co$$$

CS$
    CS$$
    CS$$$

Dirty industries
    Manufactuaring Industries
    Hi Tech industries
    Farming

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Utilitarian

This style is defined by its simple and minimalistic building approach. The buildings should be angular with few to no curves, especially on the lower wealth buildings. They should have a stocky feel to them and they should look like they are built to last. The window openings should be small, especially on lower wealth buildings.

-Low wealth building will be made up of primarily metal and concrete. The buildings will have very few window openings and the openings will be small. They should have external utilities such as pipes, tanks, and antennas.

-Med wealth will be similar except Martian brick will start being used. The windows will be slightly larger and the utilities will be less noticeable.

-High wealth buildings will more decorative elements such as arches, decorative glass, etc. Most of the utilities are concealed.

http://www.simtropolis.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=48134
    Link to example pics

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also I am willing to give out 5 Gmail accounts invites for helping me out with this assignment.

Lynks

Mary Maurine Mayo    707
  • Original Poster
  • Hello all

Is there any batters who wish to become involved in the SimMars project? I could use some help in compleating our goal.

I have 5 gmail invites for 5 batters who wish to lend a hand in getting a few more bats done.

PM me and tell me you want a Gmail account I will contact you and give you more info on how to get your free Gmail Email account.

lynks

Mary Maurine Mayo    707
  • Original Poster
  • I have been looking through the Sim mars site and here's what I need...

Schools...........

Elementary school
    High School
    Library
    University

any style will do as long as it looks Marsy I am not going to be that picky.

Land Marks We need more of them at the moment I only see one that would be considered a landmark.

I will add to this list as I finish going through things.

lynks

As mentioned at another cool site (mine) I'll see what I can do for you. Don't need the gmail account though got my own one. I'm willing to throw in some more accounts if needed.

Underworld

Mary Maurine Mayo    707
  • Original Poster
  • thank you underworld. any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated. I have been going through the collab and some things seem to be missing I will post them here but I really don't come by here much.

Anyone interested can post at underworlds site where I have set up some threads.

Lynks

Mary Maurine Mayo    707
  • Original Poster
  • SARG

I have just regrabed all the files you sent to me. I will be reviewing them and post pics of the stuff here soon and get it on the collab. I kinda took a long break from the project due to personal reasons.

STAMP:
    I need your help to get the MODs into the new exe for the next Beta. Can you help me do that.

We will need to get the following into the new Beta Release

UI MOD
    Rock MOD
    Street Textures MOD
    and new Textures

I will also try to get two maps done for you to add to the new Beta as well. I think I may still have them on a disk someplace.

Also I will get some growable lots done as well.

Please let me know if you can do this for me then I think we can release a Beta 2 and people can see what its going to look like more than before...

Latty: can you do me some Adverts for the project I will need your expert help with that

Thanks all
    Lynks

Mary Maurine Mayo    707
  • Original Poster
  • Hello Sarg

I have reviewd all your finished bats and they look great. I will post a pic...

if they are in plop mode I will tranfer them to growable for you...

I would like to invite you to join the team once again.

Lynks

Mary Maurine Mayo    707
  • Original Poster
  • Project Status

Small police station Completed

Large police station Completed

Hospital Completed

Medical Clinic Completed

Fire Station Completed

Large fire station Completed

Firestation with landing strip compleated

Museaum compleated

Grade School

High School

Large grade school

Large highschool

Private school

library

university

Solar power plants compeated

Wind power plant

Nuclear

Fission

Haylays surprise 90% done

Dance Club 90% done

Water pumps compleated

RH only?!

Hmm...

shouldnt you put a notice of that in the installer...

how could I uninstall simmars from my simcity?

I have a feeling that I have to uninstall the whole game...

Hello and welcome to Simtropolis! :-)

Given you have a legal copy of SimCity 4 and still cannot access the website you can contact zelgadis  and get a link to download simcityea.com files. 

AndisArt

Given you have a legal copy of SimCity 4 and still cannot access the website you can contact zelgadis  and get a link to download simcityea.com files. 

AndisArt

AndisArt

How do i add a propper reply in this forum? I've only been able to use the Quick Reply feture.quote>

Welcome to Simtropolis! 39.gif

In the bottom right hand corner of your post, you should see 4 options. "Reply", "Quote", "Top" and "Bottom". If you press Reply, you can use the proper reply box. Make sure you have pop-ups allowed for Simtropolis as the box opens in a new window.
    EDIT: Very good BAT for a first BAT! Keep It Up! 44.gif

How do i add a propper reply in this forum? I've only been able to use the Quick Reply feture.quote>

In the bottom right hand corner of your post, you should see 4 options. "Reply", "Quote", "Top" and "Bottom". If you press Reply, you can use the proper reply box. Make sure you have pop-ups allowed for Simtropolis as the box opens in a new window.

Cool, you are off for a good start! 

That looks very neat for a first BAT!

Some suggestions: 

-Can you give the day texture a more redish tone instead of blue? Or mabye a slight and subtle redish note to the blue. The reason is so  that the BAT blends in with the rest of the mod. 

- For the windows: Glass fronts of buildings are unrealistic on Mars for the harsh environment (storms, danger of leaks etc.)  So there is a design rule for SimMars that windows are being kept small. Especially for low wealth level. High wealth level my have more open glass (it's more expensive, because it needs to be very secure)

So I have  two options to suggest:

Change the blue parts to be walls, not windows. Put windows up somewhere else, like maybe this (suggestion only :-) :

habcomplex3kopiemf9.jpg

Keep the top parts between the mullions glas, the sides should be solid (that way it wouldn't be all glas, would make a good high wealth one). You could make the texture see through so you can add inside stuff and inside nightlights (which would look awesome).

I really like the modular look of your BAT, that is actually one of the main characteristics of the design style defined for SimMars (if you wonder: there is some information on design style avaialble in the Final Building Styles thread and there will be much more info with the forum revamp probably coming next week) . You can play around stapling multiple levels or make only one level etc. 

Have fun! Look forward to see more coming! :-)

--EDIT:   PS: .jpeg file format for pics instedad of .png format saves loading time in the display of the page for those who still on dial-up (like me...)  Thank you :-)  ---

Some suggestions: 

-Can you give the day texture a more redish tone instead of blue? Or mabye a slight and subtle redish note to the blue. The reason is so  that the BAT blends in with the rest of the mod. 

- For the windows: Glass fronts of buildings are unrealistic on Mars for the harsh environment (storms, danger of leaks etc.)  So there is a design rule for SimMars that windows are being kept small. Especially for low wealth level. High wealth level my have more open glass (it's more expensive, because it needs to be very secure)

Change the blue parts to be walls, not windows. Put windows up somewhere else, like maybe this (suggestion only :-) :

habcomplex3kopiemf9.jpg

Keep the top parts between the mullions glas, the sides should be solid (that way it wouldn't be all glas, would make a good high wealth one). You could make the texture see through so you can add inside stuff and inside nightlights (which would look awesome).

I really like the modular look of your BAT, that is actually one of the main characteristics of the design style defined for SimMars (if you wonder: there is some information on design style avaialble in the Final Building Styles thread and there will be much more info with the forum revamp probably coming next week) . You can play around stapling multiple levels or make only one level etc. 

--EDIT:   PS: .jpeg file format for pics instedad of .png format saves loading time in the display of the page for those who still on dial-up (like me...)  Thank you :-)  ---

Some suggestions: 

habcomplex3kopiemf9.jpg