My feedback is for putting the time in UTC and as 24h next time so the rest of the universe can automatically know what time it will be on their territory without having to google what EDT is and without the eternal question if 12pm is midnight or noon. I'm assuming it's noon as I'm expecting the most common convention.

BTW that's 16:00 UTC. *;)

Edit: Looked at the changelog and nice changes, hopefully the STEX will be easier to search and navigate.

All clear!  *:yes:

Don't worry, we're not quite done yet, and a few of the themes still need some major work. Many of the site's custom changes require merging with the new code. There are also other areas such as the navigation bar which need an overhaul. Also the moose icon in tribute to @A Nonny Moose we'll be finding a better way of adding the header.

Any comments, thoughts or things not working as they should, please let us know!

Looks really good and well organized.  In the  Latest City-Building News section the grey text on blue background isn't showing through.   Looked at the page with IE and Chrome. 

3 minutes ago, Cyclone Boom said:

There are also other areas such as the navigation bar which need an overhaul. Also the moose icon in tribute to @A Nonny Moose we'll be finding a better way of adding the header.

I see changes already :P

4 minutes ago, RandyE said:

Looks really good and well organized.  In the  Latest City-Building News section the grey text on blue background isn't showing through.   Looked at the page with IE and Chrome. 

Yup, just checked on Vivaldi on a PC and Opera on a cell phone and in both the white backgrounds are gone, and some texts are thus sorely lacking contrast. In any case, I like better the darker backgrounds (or the lack of a white one), so maybe there's a choose to do there...

14 minutes ago, matias93 said:

we have reactions! (Hmm, not yet :/ )

To start with we've just enabled the default Like heart button, so the functionality is currently still exactly the same as before. But they will be coming once we've decided on a suitable configuration, with our own custom icons. *;)

13 minutes ago, RandyE said:

In the  Latest City-Building News section the grey text on blue background isn't showing through.

Thanks. Yes, those block headers will need more contrast to make them stand out more.

11 minutes ago, _Michael said:

I see changes already :P

Dirk's just added the pink overlay as a test, and to show the site has upgraded. *:lol:

That won't be the finished version and there are plans for a completely new header image.

14 minutes ago, jaredh said:

Where did the newest additions on the home page go?

Take a look at individual lot pages.....there's some work to be done there quickly.

On the right side, after the 'welcome to simtropolis'; though they have been there for a couple of weeks by now,

1 hour ago, Cyclone Boom said:

That won't be the finished version and there are plans for a completely new header image.

Ugly as sin! Perfect if you're a roadworker or as a life jacket, though. 

Looking good except for the hot pink header..... hehehe *:P  

Glad to see Nonny's avatar will still be there once it's figured out how to nicely do that.  *:8)

Holy Moly!  You really outdid yourselves in the CJ section.  Korver's pictures look even more spectacular with the larger size and super resolution.

Definitely need to change the font colour (white maybe) on the dark background.  Hard to see.  And perhaps some of the smaller fonts could be enlarged. - some of us are in the older crowd you know...

The STEX looks way better.  Like how you show the different city games.

Really like the new header on the home page. Don't find it ugly myself.

Looking forward to what you do with A Nonny Moose's avatar.

Keep up the good work (even if I hate change on websites *:) as long as  I can still find stuff I'm good).

Thanks all for the comments.

4 hours ago, jaredh said:

Where did the newest additions on the home page go?

Newest files should still show on the right hand sidebar (scroll down a little).

If that's not it, do you mean the features slider or one of the other feeds aren't shown there?

4 hours ago, jaredh said:

Take a look at individual lot pages.....there's some work to be done there quickly.

There are a few theming issues on file category listings. Is that what you're referring to?

If not, please post a screenshot and a link to an affected page and we'll investigate.

----------

@krbe  @RobertLM78  @madhatter106

Try a force refresh (Ctrl+F5). It should be a bit better now. *;)

Pretty cool stuff, loving the new forum features! I just went to check out the city journals section for the first time in a long while, though, and was surprised to see it pulling 232MB of content before I even opened one of the CJs in detail. This isn't an issue with the new update since it looks like it's been like this for a while, but it seems to have to do with the site downloading the entire contents of the CJ entries shown on the front page — including the high-res images — even if nothing below the first image is shown. Is there a way to change this behavior?

23 minutes ago, simmaster07 said:

Pretty cool stuff, loving the new forum features! I just went to check out the city journals section for the first time in a long while, though, and was surprised to see it pulling 232MB of content before I even opened one of the CJs in detail. This isn't an issue with the new update since it looks like it's been like this for a while, but it seems to have to do with the site downloading the entire contents of the CJ entries shown on the front page — including the high-res images — even if nothing below the first image is shown. Is there a way to change this behavior?

Yes, it's something we're flagging with the developers as it is rather egregious! We don't have any direct control over this.

9 hours ago, Cyclone Boom said:

To start with we've just enabled the default Like heart button, so the functionality is currently still exactly the same as before. But they will be coming once we've decided on a suitable configuration, with our own custom icons.

I like the new like button. To me (senior mole with old glasses) it's more easier to find and to hit it now.  Don't put too much functionality there - making me worry and thinking for days: which one ist the right to click? Please keep it simple. But maybe 'like' could be split up in two parts: one to thank saying this is interesting and helpful post, one to like saying this is beautiful or amusing etc (to split helpful and entertaining posts). Later one could perhaps sort results by the most voted as helpful when searching for an issue?

11 hours ago, Cyclone Boom said:

Thanks all for the comments.

Newest files should still show on the right hand sidebar (scroll down a little).

If that's not it, do you mean the features slider or one of the other feeds aren't shown there?

There are a few theming issues on file category listings. Is that what you're referring to?

If not, please post a screenshot and a link to an affected page and we'll investigate.

----------

@krbe  @RobertLM78  @madhatter106

Try a force refresh (Ctrl+F5). It should be a bit better now. *;)

Wow, I totally missed that over on the right.

And the issues I was seeing were all theme and are all fixed now.   

It's looking really great now.