LLAP28

iLive Reader Residential Capacity

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hey everyone,

I am new to the iLive Reader and had three questions regarding its usage, all regarding residential, but may be applicable to the other zone types.  My first question is, is it possible to change a residential buildings capacity to, say from 1000 occupants to 5000?  Additionally, within the reader, is there a way to increase the demand for a specific building?  And the third question is, in making said changes, if possible, is it necessary to make adjustments to demand cap and cap satisfied after making the adjustments?  Thank you again and apologies if this seems trivial.  I am a long time player and am looking to make an extremely dense region utilizing the iLive Reader and to mainly use a select few downloaded buildings.  

Well, this isn't trival at all.

Basically you can change this. if you look on the left side of the demand graph you see there are limits:

tgTY8CU.jpg?1?3860&sp=e5582049771e1c1865

This means (theoretically) giving a lot more than 6000 occupants will result in it newer grows because there can't be as much demand in the game. In practice it's lower, if you don't use a mod that max out demand to 100%. On commercial and industry this is a little different because they provide jobs of different classes. But in general: the higher the occupant size the more difficult to grow because of demand..

Demand is calculated by the game dependend on region development. You can't give a residential a certain demand or desirabilty but you could lower the occupant size below the calculated average so it will grow more easily as it needs less demand. Please don't upload lots modded this way as for most users this will cause imbalance between buildings to grow.

To increase desirability or to increase caps there are those extra lots you can plop, what to do: overview here

Occupant capacity is calculated on base of the LOD of the model of the building on the lot. Most easiest way is to do this is PIM-X.

The problem is there are many other things involved like grow stage, lot size and worth of the building, zone density. Every grow stage has a threshold. An overview is given here.

Also certain caps (crime rate, education, health system) are linked with grow stage. So buildings of a certain stage may not grow because something they need is missing.

To my experience - if you start manipulating stats of single buildings to have them growing more often will result in surpressing other buildings to grow, so they will grow rarely or never. So you will adjust them too. And you will get into an endless circle of adjusting values and never get it right. So to stay close to the calculated occupant size suggested by pim-x ist the best way to keep the growth of buildings balanced.

2 hours ago, LLAP28 said:

Hey everyone,

I am new to the iLive Reader and had three questions regarding its usage, all regarding residential, but may be applicable to the other zone types.  My first question is, is it possible to change a residential buildings capacity to, say from 1000 occupants to 5000?  Additionally, within the reader, is there a way to increase the demand for a specific building?  And the third question is, in making said changes, if possible, is it necessary to make adjustments to demand cap and cap satisfied after making the adjustments?  Thank you again and apologies if this seems trivial.  I am a long time player and am looking to make an extremely dense region utilizing the iLive Reader and to mainly use a select few downloaded buildings.  

search in google mathsisfun's binary decimal hexadecimal converter in the decimal set 5000 capacity and in the iliver reader set from the hexadecimal buton to iliver 1388 i mean to in converter 5000 is 1388 and 1000 is 3e8

1 hour ago, blynCorporation said:

search in google mathsisfun's binary decimal hexadecimal converter in the decimal set 5000 capacity and in the iliver reader set from the hexadecimal buton to iliver 1388 i mean to in converter 5000 is 1388 and 1000 is 3e8

You know you can type binary numbers into Reader and it will auto-convert them to the required Hex format. You only need the Hex to Dec conversion when you want to interpret the existing value, although use of the later 1.54 release get's around that problem too. If you need to convert Hex to Dec or the other way round, Windows Calculator in Programmer mode can do this for you.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:39 AM, rsc204 said:

You know you can type binary numbers into Reader and it will auto-convert them to the required Hex format. You only need the Hex to Dec conversion when you want to interpret the existing value, although use of the later 1.54 release get's around that problem too. If you need to convert Hex to Dec or the other way round, Windows Calculator in Programmer mode can do this for you.

Windows Calculator is an absolute must if you are working in the Reader.  I find that I'm using calculator constantly when I'm modifing files in the Reader.