• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Help us reach our June donation goal   06/12/2017

If you can, please help us reach our June donation goal!  Please note that the STEX Collector's Set gift can now be sent to you by digital download, as well as by mail! Simtropolis runs mostly on donations, as you know, every dollar helps us keep things up and running and bring in improvements from time to time. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

Simtropolis hardware upgrade - can you help?   06/21/2017

We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our aging server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the additional load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task.  You may have noticed that we've been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we work out allocating resources for more optimal performance. We've also applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is something we'd like to be able to upgrade. The last time we upgraded hardware was a in 2012. Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Your contribution means a lot!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
catty-cb

Links to Custom Content

2 posts in this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  
  • Similar Content

• By wateva76
      Hi,
      I just joined this site today after reading a guest post on GOG. I started playing SimCity through the first version, but it was SimCity 2000 that really got me hooked. As I live in Australia, we got a special Australian Edition of SC3K, with the Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge as landmarks. Once I got SC3K, I hardly went back to 2000... at least until I got it again through GOG. I still have the original discs for SC2K SE, and SC3K AU.
    • By Yohane Architects
      Luigi Highrise
      File: BAP
      Size: 2x2
      Type: Residential

Another classic building of mine and finally now available for you to use in your cities
    • By Yohane Architects
      Brooklyn Apartments
      File: BAP
      Size: 2x2
      Type: Residential
      Brooklyn apartments is a classic building of mine back on win 95 sc3k.
      and this is my 3rd version.

I had trouble uploading it properly for some reason.
    • By OcramsRzr
      I have become more familiar in 3Ds Max and even gained enough expertise in it over the past few months that I think my skill level is approaching a point where I think I am good enough to start making mods for Cities: Skylines. I started practicing in 3DsMax to make brick rowhouses for the game Banished but since I am more interested in Cities: Skylines now and my buildings were practice so I can mod C:S, I decided to start a new project of making buildings just for Cities: Skylines.

I whipped this building up over the course of 4-7 hours today. It would have taken only 1 or 2 hours had I not made a ton of mistakes that required me to start from the beginning.

It will normally grow on a 4 tile wide x 3 tile deep lot with the ability to grow on a 4x4 lot with a backyard.
      FYI, I plan on making a ColorMask for the outer 2 rowhouses so it could have more variety (bright red, pink, tan, and whitewashed).

Please give me feedback to help me improve the quality of my creations.

Thank you!

--Ocram
    • By doon
      Collaboration between comayors Imperar and Trar.
      Applies some of the tunnel- and pipe-related oddities exhibited in Tunnel Test 2.sc3.