• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
westy177

Share your Hobbies (besides city building games )

9 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has been posted before but thought why not I'll post it up.

Anyway tell us your hobbies besides city builders and the forums.

Really curious to see what everyone on here is into since id regard this community quite highly as a intelligent creative group.

I'll get the ball rolling...

My main hobby besides gaming and city builders which in the grand scheme of my life takes the backseat is Cars.

I own 2 Subaru Legacies and I love modifying and trying all sorts of different setups, my first car is also the first car I've properly built I would list all the specs and stats about it but since this is a city building forum not a subaru forum ill just keep it short and sweet.

This is my 1998 Legacy RS (Jap spec) bought it as my first car in 2014 is ej20R twin turbo factory have since single turbo converted it, blew up the engine, fitted STi heads, forged it rebuilt it and redone nearly everything in the engine bay. Currently saving for a tune to extract more power out of the current setup.
few pictures of the car
SybGMqK.jpg

engine bay 
S6ANpTD.jpg

next to my mates audi A4
4DOeB66.jpg

This is my second car a 1991 legacy Brighton awd when im not in the workvan im running about in this. its a gutless single cam auto but ive given it a good polish and lowered it and I think it really looks the part. 
4KG1TXj.jpg

Ive got plenty of other photos on my imgur if anyones interested 
https://westy177.imgur.com/all/

Thats my long spiel over cant wait to see what hobbies people have out there.
Cheers

NMUSpidey and raynev1 like this

You are right my friend about the creativity of this community since the games we are interested in requires lots of it. My hobbies are creating videos and editing music. Nothing feels better for me than creating a harmonic mixture of sound and visuals. I am married as my profile picture shows xD. I create videos about my love life since my wife love such things. If you would like to see some of my created videos, here is my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtZFkgd20ZBSkphvPAoUl6A

I also edited a music by adding various different sounds turning into a non-narrated incident. But I didn't upload it yet.

westy177 likes this

Sure why not . Fishing , hiking/exploring and metal detecting . And no doubt , infrastructure . Since I'm retired from asphalt paving .

Also , now starting to record videos of my adventures and posting them to YouTube (HERE)

45 minutes ago, raynev1 said:

Sure why not . Fishing , hiking/exploring and metal detecting . And no doubt , infrastructure . Since I'm retired from asphalt paving .

Also , now starting to record videos of my adventures and posting them to YouTube (HERE)

thats awesome I like taking photos and videos of my cars, also a big fan of timelapsing stuff, hard to find time for all of it since I work so much haha.

15 hours ago, Moses Zal said:

You are right my friend about the creativity of this community since the games we are interested in requires lots of it. My hobbies are creating videos and editing music. Nothing feels better for me than creating a harmonic mixture of sound and visuals. I am married as my profile picture shows xD. I create videos about my love life since my wife love such things. If you would like to see some of my created videos, here is my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtZFkgd20ZBSkphvPAoUl6A

I also edited a music by adding various different sounds turning into a non-narrated incident. But I didn't upload it yet.

I love music everyone does editing and producing is a different beast, thats awesome I wouldn't know where to start which is pretty halarious since my old mans a music teacher and professional pianist :P

raynev1 likes this

Yep, most of us are the creative types.

I am a writer/journalist/publicist/graphic artist, working with musicians for near 25 years now.

@westy177: Thanks for letting us brag about ourselves =)

Moses Zal likes this

My hobby is (although I gave a break for few years) banknote collecting, especially Irish pounds :)  also like to mess with graphic design

Interesting thread to read through so far.  Man, I miss my Subarus, even the powerless 1.5L FWD Impreza I had in Japan...  Oh well.

As for myself, I spend my free time writing (I finally have a novel worth shopping around to agents which is this weekend's project), hiking (I live in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, a hiking heaven, and my wife and I take our kids out almost every weekend to play in nature), and reading comic books.  I have a pretty decent collection of mostly late 90s early 00s comics, although my X-Mens reach back into the early 80s.  I'm working on getting earlier issues.

Jeffrey500 and CrybKeeper like this

On 6/30/2017 at 9:35 PM, NMUSpidey said:

Interesting thread to read through so far.  Man, I miss my Subarus, even the powerless 1.5L FWD Impreza I had in Japan...  Oh well.

As for myself, I spend my free time writing (I finally have a novel worth shopping around to agents which is this weekend's project), hiking (I live in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, a hiking heaven, and my wife and I take our kids out almost every weekend to play in nature), and reading comic books.  I have a pretty decent collection of mostly late 90s early 00s comics, although my X-Mens reach back into the early 80s.  I'm working on getting earlier issues.

If the publishing houses don't "bite", you could always go digital print and direct marketing for yourself. Just a suggestion, as it will cost you to get started.