• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Need your donations for May & June!   05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

About our affiliation with GOG.com   05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
AmiPolizeiFunk

Let's keep a list of which mods break with MT

53 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Mr_Maison said:

If you disable a mod such as Metro Overhaul, You must also disable all assets related to it or you will continue to get errors since the trains, depot, etc. will be orphaned.

the building assets at least don't actually break the game. they will just receive a "network prefab missing" error and not load in game. I think the vehicles might cause trouble though

5 minutes ago, AmiPolizeiFunk said:

My MOM seems to be working (which is pretty incredible, since I don't think they have updated it yet.)

MOM didn't actually break, i think the person above just disabled it in case (which caused it's own problems)

Avanya likes this

Finally after 2 days i got the game running with MT. The game crashed while saving, exiting etc. Had to get rid of 25 tiles, unlock all areas, "transportation unlock" and a few assets. Working like a charm with the updated 81 tiles :)

Mod panel is working.

Also I have no issues with One-way train tracks. Whats not working properly when the mod is installed is the vanilla one way track.

1 hour ago, rovapasi1 said:

Mod panel is working.

Also I have no issues with One-way train tracks. Whats not working properly when the mod is installed is the vanilla one way track.

try removing the mod though because the Vanilla definitely works in the vanilla game

20 hours ago, Judazzz said:

Very interesting. My map went completely ape after I started a ferry line as well (textures, props, trees, decals flickering, blue roads, buildings disappearing), so I'll definitely give disabling Network Skins a try. Thanks for the heads up!

Too bad Boformer is hardly active these days, so I'm not really hopeful it will be fixed any time soon :cry:

Looks like you can maybe find some of that hopefulness again. From Network Skins comment section:

BloodyPenguin: Guys, I'm starting to look into the issue. Once I fix it, I'll ask boformer to upload my updated version. Stay tuned!

gfvsims likes this

I'm currently facing an issue with Advanced Buildings Editor. Train station assets that have been saved with the mod enabled won't load again in the asset editor, and also fail to load in-game. I discovered this after I had already updated an old station of mine with a (apparently) broken version... and since it was my first asset I don't have the old .crp file backed up (I do have the original .fbx files of course - but I can't "rebuild" the asset without ABE).

I'm fairly certain it's this mod, because the only other mods I have enabled are Prefab Hook, ModTools and More Network Stuff (which is necessary to place the train tracks needed in this station). I'm already bugging BloodyPenguin about it but I just wanted to warn other asset creators about this - properly check if you're updated assets are working before uploading them!

16 minutes ago, Lee Towers said:

I'm currently facing an issue with Advanced Buildings Editor. Train station assets that have been saved with the mod enabled won't load again in the asset editor, and also fail to load in-game. I discovered this after I had already updated an old station of mine with a (apparently) broken version... and since it was my first asset I don't have the old .crp file backed up (I do have the original .fbx files of course - but I can't "rebuild" the asset without ABE).

I'm fairly certain it's this mod, because the only other mods I have enabled are Prefab Hook, ModTools and More Network Stuff (which is necessary to place the train tracks needed in this station). I'm already bugging BloodyPenguin about it but I just wanted to warn other asset creators about this - properly check if you're updated assets are working before uploading them!

Do you mean your 3 track dutch station?

EDIT: Yeah, you mean this one. Sh**

Yep I mean that one. But @BloodyPenguin already fixed it supposedly, he's so amazingly quick! The station will (hopefully) be back in business within a few hours.

Does anyone have the "Dutch_3track_station.crp" older than 20.05.2017 18:21 ??

If so, pls. upload to steam!!!

EDIT: Sorry, saw the second part of your comment to late. Maybe someone has a copy, would make fixing faster than rebuild the whole asset.

@rovapasi1  Thank Russian pirates: http://uploadfiles.eu/du9rccc54yie/782539245_Dutch_3-track_station.zip.html

I just fixed the issue with Advanced Buildings Enabler (and uploaded the update).

Before that, I forgot to update the part that saved paths for 1.7 code :( Because of that all assets that have networks in the, that were saved with this mod enabled after 1.7 was released are impossible to load now :(

The new version of ABE saves assets just fine (UPDATE 4), but only way to fix the assets that were broken by this mod is to load previous versions of them in asset editor (or rebuild from sources) and save them again.

I'm really sorry guys :(

Wow, Thanks. My map looked realy stupid without.

Now I can play and wait for the fixed one

Modders (@BloodyPenguin & @Boformer & @SamsamTS in particular) -- thanks for you hard work! *:thumb:

just a reminder, Network Skins still has the bug where asymmetric light effects on props don't get rotated properly on pedestrian paths:

wJt0C59.jpg

'First-Person Camera' was updated to 1.7 on May 20th. I can't confirm if it's working or not yet.

Any update on exactly which mod 'Control Building Level-Up' is conflicting with?

Any news on an update for Dynamic Resolution? Does it still conflict with MT? 

Not having better anti-aliasing whilst taking screenshots is bumming me out!

5 minutes ago, AmiPolizeiFunk said:

Any news on an update for Dynamic Resolution? Does it still conflict with MT? 

Not having better anti-aliasing whilst taking screenshots is bumming me out!

That's why you use Shift + F12 to take a 4x resolution screenshot.