• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for June & July   06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins

See who gave reputation

1. CorinaMarie

CorinaMarie

•  
  • Similar Content

• By Trylk255
      Hello Simtropolitans! I'm Sebastian anmd I'm gonna be your narrator for the very unique Stepped cliffs city journal, or more specifically, map and city journal.
      The map will be available (terrain ready to play) once I will have completed this City Journal.
      Here, I wanted to create something unique with a very different story from what we're used to hear/listen to.
      So here I begin with the very first hours of mapping...
      It all began by a simple image in my mind, two cliffs at the edges of the map's bounds, a middly steep valley between 'em. A simple image that took 2hours to make both cliffs... 30 mins after, I was trying to figure out how I could make this map playable, because I don't want a very lot of water in the map.
      Back to the real world where I live at, there is no such similiar thing  around me. All I can see outdoor is the city.
    • By IvoryL96
      Hello there everyone, I have been playing SC4 for many years now, and had no problem with creating various cities with the in-game buildings, and as of recent, I have been looking online for skylines and layouts which inspire me, and couldn't help but notice all these buildings I have never even seen before, most of which are apparently downloadable. I am brand new to this community, and no matter how old the game gets it will always be among my favorite, would someone kindly explain how to download this content? I am 21 but not tech savvy as far as DLC goes and would love to join all of you. Thank you all! 
    • By CorinaMarie
      We've tweaked the SimCity 3000 Files section of the STEX to be for player created content and have added a separate SC3K Maxis Files category for the extra stuff provided by Maxis.
      So, just a general heads up announcement.
    • By daderic888
      G'day guys,
      While I am currently working on my first BAT, how does one go about making curved walls?
      I have been reading up about this and it appears that there are ways of achieving this.
      Unfortunately, it seems that the Philippo Tutorial doesn't highlight this aspect.
      What is the best way please?
    • By Chief ZDN
      This topic is related to the SimPeg Reborn topic. Although there is no discussion about Pegasus. The opinion from that topic is 'included'.
      Hello everyone,
      We are in the SimCity 4 Dark Age. The activity is decreased. Almost-stuck modding development. And, the competition from C:S. The valuable mod, especially hosted in small site (like Japanese SC fansite), is in almost-compromise condition. Because of this, we want to preserves future mods to other places, for example a mod is uploaded to LEX & STEX. However, this is require much effort, especially for reuploading big mods like NAM (I don't mention illegal reupload, I mention the legal reupload by the author) to other places. Some techniques are used, including uploading to the ModDB (NAM Team already did that). But, for more easier uploading, we need an API. I will show you the information about project, goal of the project, specifications, and challenges.
      Information
      The project name is SimxUpload. That's acronym of SimCity Cross-upload. The goal is to provide easier way to modders to upload their works to all exchanges, like LEX and STEX. The GitHub organization is on https://github.com/simxupload. The repository currently empty because I can't make commit from my Android tablet (Is there an Android app allow me to make a commit? The GitHub web commit tools that's available when creating a file is bad). If you want help me setup the repo, please PM me. The project structure is Leader, Co-leader, Senior Dev, Developer, Senior Volunteers, and Volunteers. The project change is pull-request based. So, everyone (especially seniors) can review the pull-requests.
      Specifications
      We will create some specs for library developer, exchange webmaster, and mod storage webmaster. I don't make it because it's difficult to make specs on my tablet.
      Challenges
      We know that the exchange available space is going running out if we directly upload the mod to the exchange. Because of this, we offer option for modders which can upload to the mod storages like ModDB and even, Amazon S3 (this is suitable for project that have a website). Also, we know that many exchanges like the LEX don't have option to refer the download link to the other link. By this, we will discuss with the webmaster and we will spread the spec more. We also will provide the 'locked' attribute and auto-text that write download link in the description (if you don't want this 'cheaty' feature, reply this topic).
      We know that implementing the API to your site is difficult. To solve this, we will 'hire' developers and we give our spec open-source. Also, we will make libraries to support this action.
      Want to join with us? Just PM me. I will add you to the GitHub. But, make sure you have the GitHub project management knowledge and other knowledge if any depending your position.
      We need logo! If you can create us logo, send it to me. If your logo is good, we will use it and we will like it. The logo must use flat-design (to ensure the legibility) and have 3 versions, full color, single color, and mono-chrome. The logo must reflect our values. The logo must legible in mobile devices.
      If you have question/suggestion, reply this. And, thank you.
      The project is failed due to incorrect time & condition. I forget that modding activity is slowing down. Sorry for inconvenient.