• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
JakeMD

Can't find it?... Ask here!

11,615 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Interesting questions! Nevertheless, they work better on their adequate thread: Can't find it. I'll move your post there and then answer what I can. Surely many others will help there too...

EDIT: already moved. Answering...

@pcwhiz24

Reason being is that I'm tired of the repetition of R$$ towers and the game just keeps spamming 4x4 Zaidi Apartments everywhere lol :P

I guess this is your problem, one I faced several times before: repetition is sure if you repeat the same zoning footprint: 4x4 high rise is particularly repetitive, as Maxis didn't made much more than the 4 (one for style) level 8 towers. You'll see this gets much ameliorated if you zone in a more diverse fashion, simply because the repetitive towers will be more spaced, and several more of an smaller footprint would be able to appear between them.

I'm looking for high density R$$ towers that I can download, I'm having some trouble finding them here or LEX

Did you try the LEX power search tool? It has ordered categories that are very relevant to your query, as high rise residentials or outrightly CAM residentials. Remember, in any case, that most of them are lot packs, so you'll have to install several dependencies for the models. And while there is more variety on low wealth medium density big lots, there are several ones available for R$$, particularly by Mattb325. Big lots are a great way to produce more variation, but you have to zone them specifically: keep the Control key pressed while zoning to produce the required areas: typically 6x6, 5x5, sometimes even weird things like 7x8 or 12x6.

Also, bonus if anyone can help, is there any way to get the R$$ 1x2 row houses to show without having to make them historical? I want to get a nice row house section in my city but the many 2x2 R$$ lots keep taking over them.

The basic option is simply to zone them accordingly, as 1x1 medium residential. Sometimes, alternating 1x1 high rise residential is useful to avoid the overriding, provided you haven't installed pencil towers that would grow over the rowhouses. You can also do the same with commercial zoning, which usually blends well and helps to reduce long commutes. If nothing else works, making historical is a sure way, but once again, alternating it is more than enough: 2x2 or 2x3 medium residentials cannot overgrow a checkered pattern of historical and non-historical rowhouses.

Edited by matias93

answered
Dreadnought likes this

I lost an external hard drive that had ALL of my Simcity 4 files on it.  Probably 10 gigs worth.  I was cleaning out my main hard drive and had moved them over.  I have tried everything possible to retrieve them, but they are completely lost.  I am heartbroken.

I am starting to re-download all of my favorite files, and I have run into a roadblock.  I cannot find any of APTX's BATS or Kei's BATs available for download anywhere at all.  I have tried every search to no avail.  If anyone has a link, or the files themselves, please let me know, as I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you very much,

Jason

I'll move this to the Can't Find It thread...

EDIT: moved! I guess @Yarahi could guide you from here; I know several APTX things are still available, but I don't remember where (maybe on Simcity China?)

5 minutes ago, matias93 said:

I'll move this to the Can't Find It thread...

EDIT: moved! I guess @Yarahi could guide you from here; I know several APTX things are still available, but I don't remember where (maybe on Simcity China?)

Yes, on sc-china. But Hide&Seek is probably easier.

Go here; http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=361.0 to find links for both that and Kei's bats (@gobanoshi's site)

Dreadnought, KidChaos2 and matias93 like this

I know this is going to sound dumb, but I don't have a link to the SC China site.  I don't think I've ever been there.  Do you have a link?  If you could please pass that on, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks again.

6 hours ago, KidChaos2 said:

Do you have a link? 

This is the link for the start-page of the file exchange; http://www.simcity.cn/forum-49-1.html - link no.3 (3225 replies/comments) contains only re-uploaded versions of content from other sites (simtropolis/sc4devotion/simpeg...) - link no.2 contains original content made by members of the site

Fanta has uploaded files from a couple of creators whoose content has been lost over the years (aptx/kei/tabi/nob) in addition to a lot of his own creations; http://www.simcity.cn/thread-99303-1-1.html

I'd suggest having a translated version of this site open in a tab in your browser next to a tab with the original - this because you are not able to log in/download/view pics in the translated version :uhm:

On 15.4.2017 at 7:22 PM, jose_olegs said:

are there also mods that takes off the grass on the AVE-6?

@Jackxu has uploaded a couple of mods aimed at changing different NWM networks; http://community.simtropolis.com/profile/270875-jackxu/content/?type=downloads_file

If I'm not mistaken the old MAVE-6 should be the same as AVE-6

KidChaos2 likes this

Does somebody recognize this small houses? I made the lots myself some years ago and now I can't find the models anymore. They could be part of some bigger pack with different content.

smallmodern.jpg

matias93 likes this

Hey Guys,i need your Help with finding a few Sports Court related Things.

First,i`m really sick of the same old drab 1x2 Basketball Court and i wonder if there aren`t any other small Basketball Courts out there.

I`m also looking for some sort of modular Golf Course and / or Golf Hitting Range (you know,those small stacked Cabins you stand in and hit a Ball...).

The last Thing i`m looking for are Baseball Fields similar to these on Randalls Island (if those are Baseball Fields....the ones with the sandy Circle)

like the ones you see below:

Google Maps Link...

Any Hints and Ideas are much apprechiated.

Yo, guys --

Can anyone tell me where I can get the actual MODEL file for the Cal St. David's hotel ??

I looked in the BSC Cal MegaPack -- but it doesn't seem to be there.

25 minutes ago, Dreadnought said:

I looked in the BSC Cal MegaPack -- but it doesn't seem to be there.

Yet it still is... open the lot in LE eith and without that pack - you'll see a difference ;)

You can even see it in the Prop catalogue; http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13364.msg411930#msg411930 - at the bottom in the right corner

@JP Schriefer that only contains the lot files..

JP Schriefer and Fantozzi like this

Does anyone know where I might find the model file for csx gm farm growtech? Its part of the

BSC Farms CSX Vol01 Revised 

I'm getting a brown box where the house should be and I'm assuming its another dependency missing from the list that I've been over a hundred times already. I have every dependency listed but still the brown box for this particular farm.

58 minutes ago, Yarahi said:

Yet it still is... open the lot in LE eith and without that pack - you'll see a difference ;)

You can even see it in the Prop catalogue; http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13364.msg411930#msg411930 - at the bottom in the right corner

@JP Schriefer that only contains the lot files..

I've already got the BSC CAL Megaprops Pack vol. 01 --

Here's the Million dollar question --

Using the ancient Maxis Lot Editor -- how do I extract the model file ??

CHITOWN172:

And I try see my archivs about it ...

22.png.f1a612cdd72d6dc6bc863bed36f23cb0.png

This model is not in the package !!!

I can see this in LOT PNG - not this model in paper. This is from May-2004. I think - someone can find it. Good luck to You. 

chitown172 likes this

10 minutes ago, Dreadnought said:

how do I extract the model file ??

Why you want to do this?

2 minutes ago, Silur said:

CHITOWN172:

And I try see my archivs about it ...

22.png.f1a612cdd72d6dc6bc863bed36f23cb0.png

This model is not in the package !!!

Looks cool where can I get this model?,you know i was thinking it might be part of JMyers Farms Hydroponic CAMeLots  but i dont think so. 

This is from May-2004. At the start of SC4. No CAM and others. 

It was the first tentative steps into the world of SC4. They raised others. Thanks to the pioneers.

Von F. likes this

16 minutes ago, chitown172 said:

Looks cool where can I get this model?

It's in CSX Mega Props Vol.01 - CSX_Hydrophonics10 - IID 2d3f4012

chitown172 likes this

7 minutes ago, Yarahi said:

It's in CSX Mega Props Vol.01 - IID 2d3f4012

Thank you, It showed the file as downloaded on the lex but was missing in my plugins. You are a life saver, keeping track of all these files can be a bit confusing. 

4 hours ago, Yarahi said:

Why you want to do this?

The original idea was to use the model file to convert that building to an I-HT lot.

Silur likes this

1 hour ago, Dreadnought said:

The original idea was to use the model file to convert that building to an I-HT lot.

Nothing stopping you from doing that, even if the model is in a DAT. Just make sure the DAT is in the root of your plugins folder and start PIM to begin the process (new buildings exemplar). If a model in a DAT doesn't appear in PIM, it's likely that it's missing a special properties (XML) file which PIM looks for. If you run into that problem, send me a PM and I'll fix it for you. :).

Dreadnought likes this

That model does appear in PIM, I've checked this already.

@Dreadnought If for some reason you can't use PIM however. Best solution is to re-lot the original lot in LE, and use reader to modify it to be a I-HT later

rsc204, Dreadnought and raynev1 like this