• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Help us with our donation goal for a new Chat upgrade!   04/17/2017

Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
Bloggo

Facebook Sign In Borked

8 posts in this topic

Hi this is Ghosty20 I am having to write this post on a new account via Google, as it seems that trying to sign in via Facebook is completely broken keeps telling me something went wrong and not sure why..

Same problem here, but I logged in just using the username and password. Doesn't look like a big problem, so I think it's going to be back soon :)

CorinaMarie likes this

Thanks for the report.

External services are known to occasionally drop out or throw errors. As far as I'm aware, there's been no recent site updates or on-site changes to the logins.

Can anyone confirm this is still an issue 3 days later?  And if so, are there any specific error codes?

Not sure if its related, I use facebook logins on my site and while I don't use JFBConnect software the company did put out a blog  about how a Facebook change is causing login problems for users

https://www.sourcecoast.com/blog/facebook-authentication-breaking-change-jfbconnect-v7-2-0

I made the recommended changes in my facebook developer account and I assuming as the last few people to login over at CB used facebook logins to do so, that it solved the problem.

-catty

It is still broken, the error I get when I try to use FB to login I get the following error " Something went wrong. Please try again. " So not sure what to do other than to use my Google+ login for now, just have to catch up on my post count.. :D

Edited by Bloggo

@catty-cb

Thanks for that info. It sounds very promising as the likely culprit. If Facebook have upgraded their systems, it makes sense how the old method may no longer function. Especially given how backwards compatibility tends to be a low priority nowadays (mainly for security reasons).

Since social logins are a core feature in the the ST software, it's likely IPS (the devs) are aware of this and already working on a fix. Or if not, we'll be sure to notify them of this.

18 hours ago, Bloggo said:

So not sure what to do other than to use my Google+ login for now, just have to catch up on my post count..

This isn't a solution, however:

If you'd like, it's possible to merge your previous account with this current one. Doing so would transfer all the posts & rep, reassigning them to your new profile.

Bear in mind this process is irreversible, and @ghosty20 would be deleted. Though it may be possible to change @Bloggo to use that display name. The only visible difference would then be the registration date and the user ID number.

Rest assured, we will explore a fix to the Facebook issue, but just wanted to throw this out there as an option. *;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  
  • Similar Content

• By Cyclone Boom
      Hi everyone, 
      Continuing on from recent discussions, we think it'd be helpful to start collecting evidence about issues with STEX files.
      Such as:
      Broken formatting  [Example]. Errors when downloading files  (e.g. 3D161/G - File not found). Corrupted archives  (e.g. broken ZIPs). Invalid or missing dependency links  (e.g. [Old]  >>  [New]). Missing descriptions / screenshots. Irregular download counts (more downloads than views). Any other abnormality, or function not working as intended.
      So if you discover any of the above, please reply below with this info. The more examples of evidence we collect, the easier it'll be to determine patterns. Afterwards, it can be used for further investigation, in attempt to find solutions once and for all.
      Supporting details such as screenshots, abnormalities in the HTML, or error codes are also welcome.
      The following posts will form index lists.

Regarding a STEX overhaul, we've got to begin somewhere. I believe focussing on the more serious shortcomings makes sense as a starting point. Once these are hopefully addressed, it'll become a much clearer picture. Looking ahead, it may then lead onto more ambitious projects including the previously mentioned tagging, and the ideas which @rsc204 and @Tarkus discussed (e.g. here and here), amongst others. We're in this together as a community, and continuing on, any input or assistance would be welcome.
      Some files are not in a good shape, much like old property that needs a little TLC. Just like an architect, although it's a fact of life, people never intended their creations to reach a state of disrepair. As a result, being fair to authors past and present, it's time to commence action for the benefit of the whole community going forward.
      Thanks!
    • By Ln X
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38336212
      So now we get to censure ourselves? So what happens when a whole ton of Democrat folks flag an article for fake news because it was from a Republican source or vice versa? Or Tories supporters flag an article from Labour sources? Or SJW vs Alt-Right? And will Facebook be truly neutral in in "fake news" flagging reports or will it bias itself to SJW/liberal tendencies?
      Part of freedom of speech is sifting through the bull without censuring everyone whom you think is being disingenuous or just plain wrong. That's how people learn to think, and argue, and reason!
    • By Kushal
      Am so upset. Just installed SC4 after many days for a quick play through but now I find that the ST Exchange download button is broken.
      Any idea how to download now?
      I need the RCI Multi Mod and PEGPROD Garbage Chute Mod...
      Can anyone give me an alternate download link?
    • By BOOST15673
      So I discussed this with A Nonny Moose already in August 2015, but his suggestions did not fix my problem. This is not good, as this problem, until I understand exactly what is causing it, is pushing me away from SC4. I am convinced it is a bug or glitch of sorts, so until I know that it isn't, it's hard to look past it. Anyways, here is a copy-paste of what I wrote A Nonny Moose, here's to hoping somebody can help me fix this!:

"My problems are as followed, these always happen, I have yet to see it not happen and I have been playing on and off since 2006 or so. Do note that I have yet to find somebody with the exact problem, thus I could not properly fix this myself yet:
      Whenever I start a new region, my first city is always perfect, it always works without problem, and any problems that arise are manageable, for example, my first city in a new region I started is 100% finished with 172K people and I am very proud of the city. Now I started a new city on the block right next to it, this is where the problems begin.
      I notice that I-D demand is -6000. How can this be? I have no clean air act or similar ordinances, I have the taxes at the standard 9% (even changing it to 0%, just for a test, doesn't change anything after 6 in-game months). As with most people I always start with dirty industry, this won't work. As odd as it seems, Manufacturing & High-Tech always want in and build up right away, where as in the first city it was the opposite (until much later in-game of course). So basically, in city 1, it's normal, at the start, dirty wants in, but not manufacturing or high-tech, but in city 2 it's vice-versa, and even after 27 in game years (I play at turtle speed) no matter what I do, dirty has never once wanted to come in, despite me never doing one single thing to negatively influence their demand. I also have no RCI or demand mods installed.
      For some reason, in city 1, unemployment was manageable and no annoyances occured, sure it's not 100% employment, but that isn't my goal of course, my goal is fun and enjoyment. In city 2, despite being more commercial and industrial jobs than citizens, unemployment keeps coming and coming (my worst attempt saw nearly 65% unemployment). Residents want in, but commercial and industry wants out aka doesn't develop. Odd thing is that the unemployment is changing between all wealths, it's not just upper-class like by so many others that have this problem.
      This always seems to happen when I connect the two cities aka make use of the roads and what not. Pretty much acting as if city 1's citizens are stealing city 2's citizens' jobs but not vice-versa. Mass-transit doesn't seem to help much either and this is quite frustrating...
      So yeah, those are my problems that ALWAYS (at least by me) seem to happen when I start a second city in a region, I always play on hard difficulty, but believe it or not, hard difficulty in city 1 is vastly easier than in city 2, which makes no sense. I realize that I get more citizens because some from city 1 will come, but why is it that tactics that worked in city 1 for per se, 30K citizens, doesn't work in city 2 for 30K as well? 30K's 30K, how should that make anything harder, this is just an example, but still. I am so frustrated that I already attempted city 2 10 times, I haven't started the 11th attempt yet.
      I feel as if something is wrong with the industry if the start is the same in both cities, yet city 1 wants dirty, whereas city 2 doesn't. Hmm, I hope I didn't confuse you, explaining is a serious weakness of mine. I thought i'd ask you first before posting to get your two cents since you seem to be the elite of elites in terms of knowledge :)"