• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
Kliekie

[SOLVED] Forcing a growable building to spawn - help?

6 posts in this topic

I'm having some problems with finding my asset in game. I made a second building for the 'modern low-rise living' set. It's a level 5 high residential who fits on a 4x2 grid. But somehow it just refuses to grow anywhere. Both buildings from the set are/will be published with RICO settings added, but to test it out myself I manually added them in RICO too, The first building (which is already published) show up just fine, the new second building however refuses to show up in the RICO tab, and yes I did reboot the map and even game several times.

Rico.jpg.219de9abc55958f14bcdf6431be6c218.jpg

So then I tried to make my own mini building theme with only a few buildings in it so mine will spawn more often, because of the 4x2 size it's pretty hard to force it, there are no low level buildings in that size so I make 4x3 zoning spots to let it grow (trying to avoid the 4x4 library). But when I'm in the Building Theme Manager I can't even find my own buildings, like the assets are disabled in the game.

58f8c95812b31_BuildingThemeManager.jpg.710a802ef0a2ef1b9dbea234d82304c8.jpg

But then I look them up in The Mesh Info and they are showing up just fine...

58f8c9558bb40_MeshInfo.jpg.779c8c08ebcc77a05dc4b85200142fd5.jpg

So can anyone please tell me why it's not showing up? What am I missing here? o_O

Any chance it could be saved as a corner building? (wouldn't explain why Building Themes can't find it, though)
At times I've wrestled with the same issue with Workshop assets as well (before Find It! made live so much easier for us), and it took me ages to figure out the building I wanted to spawn wouldn't grow on a normal plot.

Also keep in mind that - as far as I know - RICO settings prevail over asset settings when it comes to wealth level and building type, so if you have a L3 HR building RICO-fied as L5 HR, it will grow as an L5 building. Similarly, a commercial growable RICO-ized as industrial building will only grow as an industrial building.

No that can't be the case, I took my own asset as starter template to match the colors and floors so it should show up the same. And both are level 5 originally and that's what I was trying to achieve in RICO too, I didn't change the level.

Just use findit, makes live a lot easier. If you have trouble of them showing up ingame. Could be you get a failed to load. I have that for several buildings, but I'm unable to determain why that error happens.

I have Findit, but that does not work on growable buildings, and even then I don't own that much assets that I'm drowning in them, It's just not in the right tab in Rico. And I do not get any error messages when loading my game either.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  
  • Similar Content

• By LittleMac
       Hello guys! Today i'm working on a 2x3 office building, hope you like it:

• By mattb325
      Alighieri Apartments, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      Alighieri apartments is a fictional creation in the modern international style. 
      These apartments are 14 floors high and designed to fit into tight inner-city 2x2 blocks. It will work as a stand-alone apartment building as well as in a wall to wall environment. It also provides a little bit of much needed competition to the HKABT/Bixel apartments which have few competitors in the 2x2 space.
      Like many inner-city apartment buildings, the ground floor is devoted to retail space.
      The tower area has four apartments per floor, each apartment has a corner balcony; the street-facing apartments are larger (3 bedrooms) and have floor-to-ceiling glass in the lounge area. 
      The rear apartments are 2 bedrooms each. There is no penthouse suite, instead residents enjoy a roof-top communal pool. Basement parking rounds out inner-city convenience.
      This is a growable R§§ apartment on a 2x2 lot on all tilesets.
      STATS R§§:
      Lot size :                   2x2 
      Growth Stage:         7 (Medium & High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 807
      Capacity Satisfied:  R§ 1,106, R§§ 612
      Pollution:                  5 (Air)/ 2 (Water)/ 4 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:    5/6/0
      Power Consumed:  9 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   24 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          Houston/Euro/New York/Chicago
      Occupant Group:     Medium Wealth Residential Building

NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 
      DEPENDENCIES:
      This file requires no external dependencies.
      NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:
      Sadly, due to the complaints from a few members of the community, I continue to have to make the parking texture 'disclaimer' on all of my releases. 
      This building is designed for inner-city areas. With the exception of the US mid-west where there has been massive, continued economic downturn and a flight to suburbia, no inner city area in the world has acres of parking: land is simply too expensive. 
      This building has underground parking for residents only and visitors are expected to arrive by either public transport or park their car on the street; therefore no parking textures are included in the lot. 
      If, in the ingame screen shots, there appears to be a parking texture used, it is purely coincidental and merely belongs to an adjacent lot that is not part of this download. 
      If you want acres of parking or desire a different parking lot texture, then use the lot editor to make that change.
      To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      Thanks.

• By peetey897
      I'm a pretty new player with a good bit of Cities: Skylines experience. This is a whole new learning curve! My main problem so far is figuring out how people carefully plan exactly what buildings they want in their cities. Of course, commercials can be plopped, but residential can't. I know people have methods of controlling what grows - the main one I've seen so far is to zone a space exactly the right size and them demolish-rebuild-demolish-rebuild until you get exactly the right building. However, in order to zone a block of zoning which is exactly the right size for a specific lot, you need the dimensions of that lot. And that seems to be very very hard to find! Of course there's the lot editor, however lots often have cryptic and even completely non-descriptive names. The SC4tool database doesn't show dimensions, and refuses to add my custom buildings. Basically, all I want is the simplest possible tool, which shows me the density level and lot dimensions, for the default buildings and my custom dat files, so I know what size zones I need to build. Does this exist? or, perhaps, do I not need this and am missing something when it comes to trying to control which buildings grow?