• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Help us with our donation goal for a new Chat upgrade!   04/17/2017

Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins

See who gave reputation

1. MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I

2. huzman

huzman

3. SimCoug

SimCoug

4. Chief ZDN

Chief ZDN

5. CorinaMarie

CorinaMarie

•  
  • Similar Content

• By Urban_Shadow
      Hi there, I looking for some tutorials on how to get started with this, I don't have any exp. on moding but I would like to start with simple goal mind, creating a new, functional building.
      I've been looking around and there are some tutorials but they are too confusing for me since I don't know where to start, and so, I though about a simple guideline of what I want to do.
      If I want to add a new building I should:
      1.- Learn how to make a building, what tools do I need, how do I use them, can I import a model from other progams like photoshop or a 3D modeling program?
      2.- Learn how to add it to the game, without replacing an existing one and place it in the correct tab.
      3.- Adding stats to it, I don't want it to be free, I want it to have a cost, a monthly fee, demo cost and if possible, fundings.
      4.- Giving it properties so they have an effect other than just be there, that means produce energy, clean pollution, increase coverage, raise or lower land value, provide housing, business and/or jobs, etc.
      5.- Make it an unlocklable so it's not avaible from the start until certain requirements are met like date, population, ratings, etc.
      My goal is to expand my gameplay and knowlage, I know there are tons of mods out there, but I would like to do it myself and create my own things.
      So there, any help would be great, thanks.
      PD: I want to try using my own stuff and not others, thanks again.
    • By ReshiramLover
      I made an entire small (1x1) area city of all BuildingPlop cheat plopped Commercial, Residential, and Industrial zones but after about only a few seconds, all the buildings, every single one of them went abandoned "Due to lack of water", except the entire city has water! It has power, water, road access, garbage removal, police, fire, schools, everything. All building plopped with the BuildingPlop cheat becomes abandoned due to lack of water, when nothing could be further from the truth.
      Does anybody know what the problem could be?
    • By ReshiramLover
      I keep getting advisor popups that read
      "Sims scout for office advantage"
      and it tells me to zone for commercial office. I zoned some large areas of High Density Commercial Zones, but there is no option to specify CS or CO, only the density. And all that is developing are Commercial Service, not Commercial Office.
      How do I get around this roadblock?

Thanks.
    • By huzman
      As everyone knows, there are TWO God's Mod. One before founding a city and another after. Sometimes you start a city and realize that you forgot to plant an enormous amount of trees. On the first God's Mod, trees are free, on the other one they will cost you a packet. Many other examples come to mind, with the terrain leveler, for instance.
      Here is a solution : once in the founded city, choose Ctrl+Alt+Shift and click on the God's Mod. And presto, you got the first God's Mod !
      How many people knew this trick ? Hoping I'm not deluding myself.