• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
renovare

Issue with patch for NAM 35 installation

9 posts in this topic

I am attempting to install the 1.1.638.0 patch that I need to update to NAM 35. I downloaded, but upon installation am being told it cannot find the "old file". Can someone suggest a next step? Thanks

The first thing we need to know it which version of SC4 are you running. Did it come from some install disks or a digital vendor? If it was digital, did you buy it from Origin?

If you have a digital version it should come pre-patched, the patches will fail because they simply aren't required. The exception being the Origin version, but the unpatched version they are selling is sadly unpatchable too.

However if the error occurs updating the disk version, that could be for a number of reasons. If any files related to the patch have been modified from the originals (for example adding the I-HT fix), that will cause the update to fail. You should use the offical patches right away after installing SC4. Once that's out of the way, you are then safe to further modify them if need be. If this doesn't help you, find the file Patchlog.txt that is created in the folder you ran the patch from, paste a copy of it's contents here and we can see exactly what is going wrong.

matias93 and CT14 like this

I have 1.1.613.0 installed on 4-4-17, but I still have no NAM 35 installation. I purchased the disks at Amazon, and installed them. My computer had crashed and I updated everything on it. I lost the SC4 disks I had, so I had to purchase the new ones. I did no other modifications prior to attempting the patch install.

In which case if you paste the contents of the Patchlog.txt file, we'll be able to see what is happening.

Hello.

Sorry for my bad english ^^

I have the same problem. I install Simcity from Origin. I cant install NAM 35 (or more) here the patch log fom Sku 2 uptade

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   PATCH  Version 6.50 - RTPatch(R) Professional - Software Update System
                    DOS/16-bit Windows/32-bit Windows Edition
       (C) Copyright Pocket Soft, Inc., 1991-2002.  All Rights Reserved.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----- Processing Patch File -----

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'DELUXE.exe'

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'Graphics Rules.sgr'

New Version of File 'Graphics Rules.sgr' already exists.

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'RUSHHOUR.exe'

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'SimCity_1.dat'

warning wpt0036: Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was
               found. No update done since file contents do not match.

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'SimCity_2.dat'

New Version of File 'SimCity_2.dat' already exists.

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'SimCity_3.dat'

New Version of File 'SimCity_3.dat' already exists.

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'SimCity_4.dat'

New Version of File 'SimCity_4.dat' already exists.

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'Danish\SimCityLocale.DAT'

New Version of File 'Danish\SimCityLocale.DAT' already exists.

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'Finnish\SimCityLocale.DAT'

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'French\SimCityLocale.DAT'

New Version of File 'French\SimCityLocale.DAT' already exists.

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'German\SimCityLocale.DAT'

New Version of File 'German\SimCityLocale.DAT' already exists.

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'Italian\SimCityLocale.DAT'

New Version of File 'Italian\SimCityLocale.DAT' already exists.

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'Spanish\SimCityLocale.DAT'

New Version of File 'Spanish\SimCityLocale.DAT' already exists.

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'Swedish\SimCityLocale.DAT'

New Version of File 'Swedish\SimCityLocale.DAT' already exists.

----- Patch File Processing Complete -----

-----------------------------------------------------
-        Results of Application of Patch File       -
File Patches Applied ......................... (   0)

Files Modified .................. (   0)
   Files Renamed. .................. (   0)
   Files Added ..................... (   0)
   Files Deleted ................... (   0)
   Temporary Files Processed........ (   0)

File Patches Skipped: New Files Up-To-Date.... (  10)

File Patches Ignored: Old Files Missing....... (   1)
                      Old Files Invalid....... (   3)
Total File Patches Processed ................. (  14)

I can see, the 'SimCity_1.dat' dont uptadet. Can enybody help me ?

thx

6 hours ago, renovare said:

I have 1.1.613.0 installed on 4-4-17, but I still have no NAM 35 installation. I purchased the disks at Amazon, and installed them. My computer had crashed and I updated everything on it. I lost the SC4 disks I had, so I had to purchase the new ones. I did no other modifications prior to attempting the patch install.

If you're on 1.1.613, that's the European unpatched version.  You'll want to install the SKU2 version of the update.

1 hour ago, Blackspot said:

Hello.

Sorry for my bad english ^^

I have the same problem. I install Simcity from Origin. I cant install NAM 35 (or more) here the patch log fom Sku 2 uptade

If you bought the game from Origin, unfortunately, you're out of luck.  Origin is selling an unpatched and unpatchable version, which is missing a number of stability fixes, and can't run the NAM.  See this thread.  There's several other threads around as well.  Apparently, Origin even issued an "update" at one point, that actually downgraded people's copies to the nerfed 1.1.610.

-Tarkus

nos.17 and markussaage like this

Thx Tarkus ...

Ja das ist richtig, meine Version von Simcity 4 ist wirklich 1.1.610 .... Dammm

Was kann ich tun? Download von einer anderen Online-Website vielleicht Steam?

Edit: I read your massage. Dammm Origin....  I Installed Steam... But i must by Simcity 4 another one...

If you're going to buy another copy of SC4, I'd recommend GOG.com (Good Old Games) instead of Steam.  It's the same price as Steam's version, but there's no DRM associated with it. 

If you're willing to push Origin customer service enough, you can probably get a refund from them, as the user in the thread I linked did.

-Tarkus

jeffryfisher and markussaage like this