• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Help us with our donation goal for a new Chat upgrade!   04/17/2017

Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins

See who gave reputation

1. rsc204

rsc204

2. MissVanleider

MissVanleider

•  
  • Similar Content

• By Ronyx69
      So I was recently looking at some Japan driving videos and got inspired to make some highway pillars.
      I'm planning to make an entire set of various types of pillars in this style, even a 6cell over-canal pillar. (if it goes okay)
      Tell me what you think about my first attempt, I need to nail the style and the details before I start making other variations.
      Constructive criticism welcome, also any ideas.
      By the way, do pillars have LODs like regular buildings? I should just make it just the pillar, without the small details - pipe, wires, supports.
      Not sure when they're going to be done and available.

• By Mr_Maison
      Hello everyone. This will be my custom content showcase and workshop thread. In all the years I been a member here, I never uploaded any content but enjoying great work by other members. I take this opportunity to say Thank You to all content makers for making our city building experience so enjoyable. I feel that making content is overdue for me and I want to give back to the community. I have some buildings and trees that I will be showing in upcoming updates to this thread. I will also be asking for advice and help.
      4/21/2017 Release: Lantana 2.0 Link http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=910421838

More info on last pages of this thread.

Note: This post was edited 5/29/2015 to reserve this first post for all current updates.

• By kingofsimcity
      KOSC Presents: IndustryMania - Trucking Essentials
      Introduction
      Do you want to recreate a large distribution center with ample truck parking space of all angles and populate them with tons of random trailers from different freight and logistic companies? This essentials package, which is the prelude to my upcoming IndustryMania re-lot series, provides a set of custom truck parking textures and prop families for @MushyMushy's HD North American trucks which will allow you to do just that.
      Package Overview
      This package contains a set of 38 unique overlay textures, offered in either white or yellow paint for a total of 76. Additionally, there are 36 prop families that cover all of the props included in the original trailers and semi cab sets. Additional details are in the enclosed README.
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. Note that the prop families DAT supersedes the original props' .sc4desc files. It is recommended that you relocate or remove the original from your plugins folder to avoid potential conflict. 
      Dependencies
      The textures are standalone and will not require any dependencies. However, the prop families will not function properly without the original trucks:
      Props
      HD North American 40ft Semi Trailers Vol. 1 HD North American 53ft Semi Trailers Vol. 1 HD North American Semi Truck Cabs Vol. 1 Credit goes to MushyMushy for the wonderful set of trailers and semis!
      Enjoy!
    • By ReshiramLover
      There was a mod on the ST Exchange here in 2013 that is not showing up when I search it. It was called "Shut Up advisors" that removes unnecessary advisor popups during the game. I searched "advisors" and "shut up" but only irrelevant results showed up. When I tell it to include title only, it says "0 results"

So obviously some mods came up missing or the search on this website is not working properly
    • By Chief ZDN
      This topic is related to the SimPeg Reborn topic. Although there is no discussion about Pegasus. The opinion from that topic is 'included'.
      Hello everyone,
      We are in the SimCity 4 Dark Age. The activity is decreased. Almost-stuck modding development. And, the competition from C:S. The valuable mod, especially hosted in small site (like Japanese SC fansite), is in almost-compromise condition. Because of this, we want to preserves future mods to other places, for example a mod is uploaded to LEX & STEX. However, this is require much effort, especially for reuploading big mods like NAM (I don't mention illegal reupload, I mention the legal reupload by the author) to other places. Some techniques are used, including uploading to the ModDB (NAM Team already did that). But, for more easier uploading, we need an API. I will show you the information about project, goal of the project, specifications, and challenges.
      Information
      The project name is SimxUpload. That's acronym of SimCity Cross-upload. The goal is to provide easier way to modders to upload their works to all exchanges, like LEX and STEX. The GitHub organization is on https://github.com/simxupload. The repository currently empty because I can't make commit from my Android tablet (Is there an Android app allow me to make a commit? The GitHub web commit tools that's available when creating a file is bad). If you want help me setup the repo, please PM me. The project structure is Leader, Co-leader, Senior Dev, Developer, Senior Volunteers, and Volunteers. The project change is pull-request based. So, everyone (especially seniors) can review the pull-requests.
      Specifications
      We will create some specs for library developer, exchange webmaster, and mod storage webmaster. I don't make it because it's difficult to make specs on my tablet.
      Challenges
      We know that the exchange available space is going running out if we directly upload the mod to the exchange. Because of this, we offer option for modders which can upload to the mod storages like ModDB and even, Amazon S3 (this is suitable for project that have a website). Also, we know that many exchanges like the LEX don't have option to refer the download link to the other link. By this, we will discuss with the webmaster and we will spread the spec more. We also will provide the 'locked' attribute and auto-text that write download link in the description (if you don't want this 'cheaty' feature, reply this topic).
      We know that implementing the API to your site is difficult. To solve this, we will 'hire' developers and we give our spec open-source. Also, we will make libraries to support this action.
      Want to join with us? Just PM me. I will add you to the GitHub. But, make sure you have the GitHub project management knowledge and other knowledge if any depending your position.
      We need logo! If you can create us logo, send it to me. If your logo is good, we will use it and we will like it. The logo must use flat-design (to ensure the legibility) and have 3 versions, full color, single color, and mono-chrome. The logo must reflect our values. The logo must legible in mobile devices.
      If you have question/suggestion, reply this. And, thank you.
      The project is failed due to incorrect time & condition. I forget that modding activity is slowing down. Sorry for inconvenient.