• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
ReshiramLover

Water won't travel through pipes

11 posts in this topic

I have never seen this problem before. I have used these for months without problem, now water will not travel beyond the area that the facility alone can provide. I have a water distance mod to cover more ares with less pipes but this is the first time I have ever seen all pipes connected and connected to the center of the facility but no water!

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

Samurott is the water provider and the Suicune next to it is the purifier. I used these two many times but this is the first time I have ever seen water not travel away from the facility.

problem.jpg

Seems the basics are covered such as the thinger is powered and the pollution is acceptable. That pretty much leaves a missing pipe connection. Like you could have one pipe that is adjacent to another but not actually connected. Zoom in right were the boundaries are between watered and not and then check back 7 tiles (or whatever the default distance is with your mod) and look for something not really connected. Try dragging a new pipe from the Samurott connection all the way into the other pipes.

huzman likes this

No, they are all connected! I checked a number of times. Zoomed in as far as I can go. I tried a new city and the same thing happened. After that I tried a large area city and it works except now the Super_waterpipe.dat mod seems to be no longer working on any of my cities in the region. Including the ones that were working. Closing and reopening Sim City 4 did not help. it just up and stopped working.

I wonder if this problem is related.

My next guess: Did you recently install any other mods? It's possible something is now overriding the one which worked previously.

huzman and rsc204 like this

Check to ensure the Occupant Group has the following entry to indicate the Building is a Water Building: 0x00001401.  It is possible to make a water pump that will show a volume of water available, but the water won't distribute through the pipes without the Occupant Group entry.    If the building does appear in the water utilities menu then its more likely this is not the problem.

5 hours ago, CorinaMarie said:

Did you recently install any other mods? It's possible something is now overriding the one which worked previously.

Either that's your problem, otherwise try re-dragging all the pipes (or re-making them anew) in one of the cities. It's possible something has gone wrong, for example is your maintenance 100%? Things not properly maintained will break occasionally.

huzman likes this

7 hours ago, CorinaMarie said:

My next guess: Did you recently install any other mods? It's possible something is now overriding the one which worked previously.

2 hours ago, rsc204 said:

Either that's your problem, otherwise try re-dragging all the pipes (or re-making them anew) in one of the cities. It's possible something has gone wrong, for example is your maintenance 100%? Things not properly maintained will break occasionally.

I just placed the building so obviously it is 100%. And no, I have not installed any other mods. I created 6 cities yesterday in the region with it working then bam! stops working out of the blue without me closing the game or anything. There is about 15 cities of varying sizes all together in the region.

I have been using the Super_waterpipe.dat for a while and did experience some anomolies very similar to yours. I tried replacing water towers and pipe, checked all connections, etc. What seems to be working for me is making sure I use pipe layouts that loop back.

It looks like you are using straight runs.

I've sometimes had trouble with vanilla pumps because the pipe needed to be connected to the building just so, and I hadn't dragged it that way. Try attaching pipe to building in various ways (in one side and out another) to see what happens when you run some time on the clock.

Handyman and RandyE like this

Something I've just discovered for another water pump is that the connector it looks like one should use isn't where the building expects the connection:

img0350_zpsvqsrbdw1.jpg.5a134b50d2bffbe9c043c874a0514c6c.jpg

But, connect the pipes to the little pump house building of it and now it flows:

img0352_zpsayoqmy6n.jpg.b58743d08600e2c654eb8fa5f1afab6c.jpg

So:

img0353_zpsszvldzhk.jpg.456d1cc4f4c964ed9fc6f8fa4008490b.jpg

Perhaps the same things is happening with the one you are using?

APSMS, Handyman, huzman and 1 other like this

Well, I've seen this with a lot of water delivering buildings, like some custom made Water Towers. When you plop a Water Tower / Pump you have to always make sure, that the water travels trough the pipes. You might even need to consult the water chart and see, if the total amount of available water is higher after you build the Water Tower/Pump. If not, play around with the water pipes and connect the Water Tower/Pump in multiple ways with the water pipes... That should do it, like @CorinaMarie already explained...

Kind regards!

huzman likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  
  • Similar Content

• By ReshiramLover
      I accidentally named a city the same name as a city that is already in the region, and I already built on all the land (small city), so I tried the WhereRUFrom cheat but it is not working properly

I tried renaming 'Zekrom Black' to 'Van Buren' but when I type into the cheat window, WhereRUFrom Van Buren, it names the city "Van" not "Van Buren" The city name is incomplete.

How do I fix this?
    • By RandyE
      This lot has been tested in-game, it was found that at least 2 of them are required to almost completely reduce pollution across a large tile as well as to provide water across a grid of pipes covering the whole tile.  It was tested also with the Utility Radius and Traffic Pollution Modd.  Use the Data View and Cheetah Speed to monitor changes in water supply, air and water pollution.  The pump is programmed to consume a very small amount of water so plop the pump in a non-polluted area as tests indicate it will not immediately clean its own base area and may fail to operate. 
      Location: Water Menu under Utilities Menu, and Power Menu for 1x1 Generator
      You must connect both the large water pump and the sewage treatment connectors to realize both the effect of the radical volume of water and the treatment.  The large water pump is the re-lot that will appear in the water utilities.   The dual purpose is combined into one lot with its own unique menu icon. 
      Stats:
      Lot Size: 5 (width) by 6 (depth)
      Water Produced and Treated: 1,000,000 cubic meters per hour.
      Pollution Reduction: -1200 over 300 
      Plop Cost: 25,000§
      Maintenance Cost: 10§
      Jobs: 15§, 290§§, 15§§§
      Moderate Landmark and Park Effect. 
      Transit and Network Enabled
      Power Consumed:  200 MWh (megawatt hours)
      Dependency: Included base texture .dat file.
      Maxis Night-lighting
      FOLDER: Radical Water Pump and Pollution Reduction V1
      File: List of Alternate Water Systems.txt
      File: Preview and Install.html
      File: Readme.txt
      SUB-FOLDER: Radical Water Pump and Pollution Reduction
      This is the folder inside the unzipped title folder to be placed in your User\Documents\SimCity 4\ Plugins folder.  It contains 2 files: 1. the Radical_Water_Pump.SC4Lot, and 2. the BaseTexturesElements_RadicalWaterPump.dat file with base textures extracted from my Vol.1 Base Textures Elements package.  If you use the larger package then delete the smaller .dat file included as the textures don't need to be loaded twice.  The larger package is linked below:
      Base Textures Vol 1.1: Elements, for SC4 1.1.0
      SUB-FOLDER: 500 MWh Power Generator 1x1
      File: RadicalWaterPump_PowerGenerator.SC4Lot
      I've added a 1x1 lot to generate power for the water pump.  If you use the Data View Moisture Mod to locate a high volume of water it may be in a remote area, otherwise a non-polluted area may also be in a remote area.  The power generator is equal to 2½ times the wind power plant.
      Previews:
      The 2nd preview shows the progressive reduction of air pollution; the reduction of water pollution is about the same. The test city has 2 heavy industry areas and congested traffic generating severe pollution over the entire tile. A third radical water pump would completely eliminate both across the entire tile.
      The 3rd preview shows at bottom Cori's Data View of Moisture mod which uses the radiation data view to show changes in moisture from rainfall.  In more complicated terrain the moisture data view is useful to see where to place water pumps which depend on aquifers. The mod is linked below:
      Cori's DataView - Moisture v 2017.01.22 by @CorinaMarie
      The top 2 frames show the progressive increase of water-flow over the entire tile.   Water pipes are tedious to place in large tiles requiring about a 30x30 grid.  To make the task of watering the tile easier use the Utility Radius and Traffic Pollution Reduction Modd by RalphaelNinja linked below:
      UtilityRadius TrafPollution Modd by @RalphaelNinja
      The last preview is of this .SC4Lot in production in the Lot Editor for anyone who has enjoyed using SC4 as a design tool, creating .SC4 city tiles, and who may be considering taking the next step of creating .SC4Lot files.  Using Lot Editor is not much more complicated.  Below is the tutorial that got me started almost a year ago.
      Lot Editor: Beginner's Tutorial by @jbbry232
      INSTALL:
      To install copy and paste the Radical Water Pump and Pollution Reduction folder into your User\Documents \SimCity 4\Plugins folder. 
      To also install the power generator copy and paste the 500 MWh Power Generator 1x1 folder into the folder above.
    • By crownsteler
      So a few years ago I had a go at bating. Unfortunately due to computer issues I never got around to finishing any of them, and long since lost the files. A bit of a shame really; I was nearly done modeling these two sets of buildings, all they really needed were nightlites and some desaturating of the textures. Oh well. 
      Last weekend, for some odd reason, I decided to reinstall SimCity 4 and play it. But, after downloading a ton of new content, I found I still couldn't make the cities I wanted (mostly modern urban Dutch). The first thing that bothered me was the lack of varied in utilities, specifically pumping stations. So I looked up some modern pumping stations here in the Netherlands, and, the idiot that I am, downloaded gmax to see if I could make something of it:
      The first one I had a go at was a largish sewage pumping station:

Unfortunately this is the material it is made out of, and I am not quite sure how to texture this. I have half a mind of simply modelling the panels instead of texturing it.
      In the mean time I decided to model another pumping station, a small drainage pump this time:

It has the same issue with texturing, so oh well.
      While looking through pumping stations here in the Netherlands, I came across this little thingy and decided it also really needed modelling (for a change it is an actual ground water pumping station!):

It is actually coming along quite nicely. I just need to finish the doors, add the rain gutter and some roof junk. I possibly need to figure out how to model a few pumps to fill the large frontal roof if the windows are going to be transparant (ugh...)
      At the same time I was really annoyed by the power utilities in the game. So yeah...
      I came across this funky little substation, and since it takes no effort to model had a go at it:

Not sure if there is interest in this sort of thing though.
      I also created this substation (could also work as an industrial lot). I want to make it a wall to wall lot, but, as the roof is overhanging to the sides, I don't know how to go about it.

And, if I ever feel confident enough to do so, I'd love to have a go at this power plant. The turbine halls are simple enough, but the chimney seems daunting.

Anyway; thoughts and suggestions? Compliments or hate is also welcome. Oh, and IrfanView apparently does not like transparency. I hope you can ignore the black outlines on the images, they are not supposed to be there.
    • By SimCoug
      Description:
      I came across a discussion in the forums a little while back of somebody asking about a well lot to use as a water source.  Well (pun intended), I got to thinking, that might be really useful... I know I could certainly use something like that.  So here you are - two simple ground well lots that have the exact same properties as the Maxis water tower.  One of the lots includes a base texture and has more of a rural look.  The other is simply the well with no base texture or props... you can add MMPs to give it whatever look you desire.  Feel free to use one or the other (or both)... 

Dependencies:
      None!  (I can't believe I just wrote that)

Installation:
      Simply unzip the file and put the entire 'SimCougs Little Well' folder in your plugins.  If you wish to use only one of the lots, simply delete the one you don't need.  

Developer notes: 
      This was really a one-off, simple lot... everything is Maxis based.  I created it in a couple hours (including testing).  If you run into any strangeness, please leave me a comment here.     

Support:
      For questions regarding this set, please feel free to visit my Lot Development Thread (SimCoug's Lot Den).

Special Thanks:
      Maxis, you darn sonuvagun... great looking props!
    • By ReshiramLover
      It was working fine like 30 minutes ago no all of a sudden it will not run. The window opens but it is completely black. shows nothing. If I open the task manager, it shows "SC4Fix Pre3" as "Not Responding" If I kill the process and reopen SimCity 4, immediately after opening it says the same "Not Responding". In fact the SimCity 4 window always opens up to a "Not Responding" every time I open it.

Not sure how in 30 minutes time with nothing added to SimCity 4, it goes from running flawlessly to a 'not responding' state every time I open it.

Does anybody know what the problem could be?