• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
Les Rose

Not Really new, but been away.

4 posts in this topic

Been away from the series since my cpu died five years ago. Started with the original version way back when and have had everyone since, used to go by Phantom 433 or just Phantom on the old simcity site. If any happens to have any of my old buildings, would love to be able to get them back, you can pm me and I'll send you my email . See a lot of familiar names still hanging around and a lot of the great mods I loved to use, now just need to find a program that will allow me to use .exe files. Juicer only shows html and one other file and a few others I've seen suggested don't work either.

Chief ZDN and Cyclone Boom like this

Hiya, Les Rose.

Welcome to Simtropolis! *:)

1 hour ago, Les Rose said:

If any happens to have any of my old buildings, would love to be able to get them back, ...

Very few peeps frequent this New Member area, so you might want to post this request over in the SC4 - Custom Content forum for more exposure. And, personally, I suggest not posting your email address in a public thread. Maybe go with "PM me" since we have a nice Private Messaging system here. And from there exchange email addresses if you like. If you agree with this latter part, you can edit your post to remove the email.

1 hour ago, Les Rose said:

... now just need to find a program that will allow me to use .exe files. Juicer only shows html and one other file and a few others I've seen suggested don't work either.

If you have temporary access to a Windows comp you can run those .exe files which are usually just self extracting installers and then grab the .dat and .lot and .desc and .whatever else files to port back to your Mac. (I'm not an expert on this, but we have a forum for that too. It's the SC4 Mac Users forum.)

CT14, Chief ZDN and Cyclone Boom like this

You're very welcome back to the community. *:)

It's never too late to rejoin the SC4 scene, and as I'm sure you've noticed, it still has an active following some 14 years on and counting.

If you'd like any help with getting the game running, or for any tips or advice, we're all here to help.

CorinaMarie likes this