Please help us for June & July 06/20/2017
Hey fellow Simtropolians! I'm looking for a few people who would be interested in starting a region together.
1. I am on North America West 3
2. Prefer people who will play long term, not just a few days. Maybe even going on to create multiple regions.
3. Prefer communication via the in game chat or Skype. It is fun to play alone but I want to interact!
4. Any experience level welcome. I consider myself "moderate" in terms of ability. By no means expert.
5. Definitely want to work towards achieving one or all of the "Great Works" - I have yet to be in a region that was active enough.
6. I play a lot. Sometimes early morning, some times late at night - so hoping that no matter your time zone - there will be someone around to play.
7. I only speak English - sorry.
So that's my story. Feel free to message me on Origin or Add me in game or... I don't know. This is a new experience for me, I've played many cities alone and many "private" regions with my brothers but they simply aren't the Sim City Addicts that I am.
Looking forward to meeting you soon!
Well - I'm setting up a Bat Thread for me to know what to work on and for you to see my work, comment, criticise (Please - only constructive criticism . ) and add suggestions on what I should make next. I will be working on Shops, Hotels, Essientials Packs (they will be needed), Transportation, Homes and a Chicago City Idea so they are the ones I will be focusing on the most. However, if you have any special suggestions that are not in any of these catagories, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to do what you would like. Anyway, enough of me talking (or I'll be here for ever ). ) and lets get on with my B.A.T. thread.
My first Official BAT:
This is my first official Bat. I have decided to add some images here and some feedback role in for the next 72hrs before I make ammendments and then Lot it before Publishing. I'll put some information about the Bat below the image.
Name: Pear Tree Shops Pack
Location: Pear Tree Estate, Rugeley, Staffordshire, UK
Contains: One Empty Shop
Domino's Pizza Take-Away
Co-Operative Food Small Supermarket
Well, this BAT here is a few small shops (and a car park added in because I wanted it to look this way) on the Pairtree Estate, Rugeley, Staffordshire, UK. I decided that these few shops would be a good idea do as a First BAT as they are small yet effective and feature a small Supermarket - the Co-operative. I have noticed that on both the LEX and STEX that there is not many British Supermarkets on here so I decided that I would try and bring up the numbers with these small shops. As you can see, on the left hand side of the front area of the shops (thats with the carpark in the foreground (second section down on the image) there is a Domino's Pizza Take-away shop. Rugeley is the town that according to the local newspapers has the most pubs and take-aways per square mile than any other City, Town or Village in the UK. This domino's pizza house opened in Early May, when I was already over half way making this BAT. On the right of that section of the small stores is an empty shop of which still hasn't been taken up yet as far as I know. On the right of the empty shop (or on the right of the building) is the Co-Operative - the Supermarket. Now, this for a British Supermarket is Pretty Small and Rugeley has 2 Main supermarkets and 4 large supermarkets overall. Morrisons and Aldi are the Biggest, there also being an Iceland (about 200 yards away from Morrisons) and the Co-Operative on the Springfields (which is a normal sized supermarket to British Standards). If you look at the bottom of the full image (the ones with the coloured boards on) we have some adverts of which one is for Domino's and the other is for The Co-Op.
If you go back some years to the proper peartree (or look on google Street view i think) you should see a Pub - The Pear Tree - that is on the sight of these shops. You may also see that these shops and my BAT look a lot different - and there is 2 reasons for that. The Pear Tree is an Estate on a Steep hill of which the shops are also on. SC4 will not allow Buildings to be on such a slope, I had to add the Carpark manually in order for it to look correct. This also meant that the steps had to be repositioned in order for the file to look realistic. Another reason I made the BAT different to the actual shop is that when they were making the shop, the plans they had made had to be forgotten about because the council (being the Cannock Chase council) decided that they would allow the shop of that size and then half way through the building process, they denined it. As it would cost the council to take the company building the shops to court, they told them to forget the plans and build the shops as quickly as possible because they were then running over a month off schedule and the Co-Op would stop all payments if they could not open the shop in time. Therefore, the shop was made smaller. In my BAT, the Shop has been made off the plans of there only being two stores of which changed after my bat was mostly complete (before texturing) and then I added a smaller shop in but didn't extend the actual building.
This is the Image of the Pear Tree Pub before it was demolished:
Thanks and please feed back to me
Jan (who is normally in Chat)
By The Avatar
With the positive response from the community, I have decided to organize the 2012 Chat Record Breaking Attempt. In this event, we will try to break the current record of having the most people in chat at one time, which is 90. However, I think we can do even better, so I suggest our goal should be 100.
The attempt to break the record last year failed due to poor organization and advertising. This year, that will be changed. In order to accomplish our goal, I have set up the date and time a couple of months in advance, to give everyone enough notice, scheduled the event at a date and time that will work for the "Big Three" - New Zealand/Australia, Canada/US, and Europe, and organized some advertising for the event.
The event will be on Saturday, September 29th, at 11PM GMT. I have tried to schedule the event at a date and time that will work for the majority of our users. If this time doesn't work for you, I apologize. I cannot please everyone.
You can help by advertising for the event. To avoid spam, I have set up some rules and guidelines:
- Do not send out PMs advertising for the event. People will constantly be receiving spam PMs about the event if this is allowed.
- Do not create any other topics regarding the event
- Do not spam in any way regarding the event
- Do use status updates to get the word out
- Do (if you feel so compelled) use other social media to get the word out
- Do use common sense when advertising. Don't post something like "GO TO THE CHAT SESSION NOW!!111!!!one"
- Do follow all site rules when advertising
Here are some rules to follow during the event:
- Do not show up, and then leave immediately after (unless you have to). Doing this does not help us break the record.
- Do not spam (a given)
- Do not go crazy (Night chat can get pretty crazy with only 20 people; imagine what it's like with 90-100.)
- Do not post the number of people in the chat session. Eventually, everyone will start to do this, and the chat becomes flooded with numbers, so let's prevent that from happening.
- Do listen to what the moderators and admins say. It is difficult for them to moderate 30 people at night (when things can get crazy), so imagine how difficult it is to moderate 90-100.
- Do have a good time
Feel free to post your suggestions and opinions.
A note for the moderators: I made another topic titled "2012 Chat Record Breaking Attempt?" which was for the purpose of collecting the opinions of Simtropolis members on having a chat record breaking event. This topic is for the purpose of providing information about the event, and allowing for discussion about the event. That's why I made two separate topics. However, if you feel they should be merged, please do so.
Chat Record Breaking Attempt 2012: Be there or be square! (Or trapezoidal, if you're a hipster.)
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.