• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
dreamtown

Vaastra, european city

23 posts in this topic

HY everybody!

after few years without new, and after my SC4 City (Monteraud), i've started a new city on CS : Vaastra.

It's european style.

Fews pics of start :

Somebody is able to recognize the map????

jpegHiresScreenshot 93.jpg

jpegHiresScreenshot 107.jpg

HiresScreenshot 147.jpg

Posted (edited)

It looks like Praha.  Is that a shot of Wenceslas Square?

Edited by Rotype

Spelling

LOL man :D When I saw first picture, i said WHAT. I wasnt first  who wanted make Prague? Oh, thats shame for me :X I live nearby it, so if you have any questions, dont worry ask :P

Anyway I like so much ! (Not only because of my country :P)

P.S. Can you say me how wide is river behind island called "Štvanice"? Just to compare if I was close :P

P.S.2 Its really helpful to see terrain height, because i started with flat map and editing in real time...

thanks mister blue star and arnold!

arnold, my first name is Arnaud lol

thanks for message. i was searching a map and the Prague map was nice : little hill, river and i decided to "work" with this map for my actual city. so, thanks to this coincidence, and with help of google earth i've discover Prague which seems to be a very nice city!

Vaastra is a mix between Prague and Lyon in France. in fact these town inspired me.

7 hours ago, dreamtown said:

i don't understand PS1 and PS2 can you explain please?

Thanks!

No problem, I meant that how long is the bridge over the island (on first picture the bridge is farthest from us).

And can I know your residental buildings? They are looking awesome!

arnold : residential buildings are : baroque style. Seach in Steam. nice bat yes!

i don't understand for the bridge sorry! if someone can explain or translate in french, thx!

2 hours ago, dreamtown said:

arnold : residential buildings are : baroque style. Seach in Steam. nice bat yes!

i don't understand for the bridge sorry! if someone can explain or translate in french, thx!

Thanks much man! Really, really nice buildings!

Ok doesnt matter :P

thanks rotype,

how long? i don't know!

EDIT : with google earth you can calcule : 380 meters

New pic about tennis complexe in south of my town :

Do you like it????

f1xm.jpg

thank Arnold

do you like football?

here stadium of FC Vaastra :

but new project will coming soon : new stadium near of highways, station.

deif.jpg

j3y9.jpg

ec76.jpg

klf0.png

Horus_Kol and Larma like this

new pics about commercial center in town : le centre commercial Rue de la République (Republic street) :

3omf.jpg

4pgv.jpg

na3w.jpg

ipr7.jpg

re08.jpg

Horus_Kol likes this

Arnaud, hi.  A couple of suggestions.  I don't think you are using a random tree rotation mod, which would really soften the ranks of trees in your very nice cityscapes.  There's one on the workshop at:  boformer's "Random Tree Rotation [linkie]" mod as updated by Judazzz.  The vanilla game "dirt" under the trees can also be disappeared:  TPB's great Remove Dirt (Tree and Props) [linkie] mod.  Personal preference, though.  There isn't any right or wrong here.

The second cityscape screenie in your recent update was so striking I couldn't help playing with it a bit.  Hope you forgive me.

Dreamtown_FotoSketcher-Watercolor.jpg.c1f53e42594da70da71c22603f64b38e.jpg

Really, really nice work.  Good luck!

David

Horus_Kol likes this