• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

We're close! Please help us reach our April & May goals!   04/28/2017

We're getting close with our April goal - please help us over the final bump! Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
dreamtown

Vaastra, european city

17 posts in this topic

HY everybody!

after few years without new, and after my SC4 City (Monteraud), i've started a new city on CS : Vaastra.

It's european style.

Fews pics of start :

Somebody is able to recognize the map????

jpegHiresScreenshot 93.jpg

jpegHiresScreenshot 107.jpg

HiresScreenshot 147.jpg

simmytu, Pluispixel and cmdp123789 like this

Posted (edited)

It looks like Praha.  Is that a shot of Wenceslas Square?

Edited by Rotype

Spelling

LOL man :D When I saw first picture, i said WHAT. I wasnt first  who wanted make Prague? Oh, thats shame for me :X I live nearby it, so if you have any questions, dont worry ask :P

Anyway I like so much ! (Not only because of my country :P)

P.S. Can you say me how wide is river behind island called "Štvanice"? Just to compare if I was close :P

P.S.2 Its really helpful to see terrain height, because i started with flat map and editing in real time...

thanks mister blue star and arnold!

arnold, my first name is Arnaud lol

thanks for message. i was searching a map and the Prague map was nice : little hill, river and i decided to "work" with this map for my actual city. so, thanks to this coincidence, and with help of google earth i've discover Prague which seems to be a very nice city!

Vaastra is a mix between Prague and Lyon in France. in fact these town inspired me.

7 hours ago, dreamtown said:

i don't understand PS1 and PS2 can you explain please?

Thanks!

No problem, I meant that how long is the bridge over the island (on first picture the bridge is farthest from us).

And can I know your residental buildings? They are looking awesome!

arnold : residential buildings are : baroque style. Seach in Steam. nice bat yes!

i don't understand for the bridge sorry! if someone can explain or translate in french, thx!

2 hours ago, dreamtown said:

arnold : residential buildings are : baroque style. Seach in Steam. nice bat yes!

i don't understand for the bridge sorry! if someone can explain or translate in french, thx!

Thanks much man! Really, really nice buildings!

Ok doesnt matter :P

thanks rotype,

how long? i don't know!

EDIT : with google earth you can calcule : 380 meters

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  
  • Similar Content

• By Arnold J. Rimmer

Hello everbody,

Project started: 08.04.2017
      Project ended: (estimate: 1 year)

Mod list: in progress
      Asset list: in progress

//Dont have experience with video making, dont have any program yet. Also my style is different to others. Once I finish some part, sometimes I destroy whole area and start with better sense. If anyone can help me with some newbie tricks to video making, I much appreciate!!//
      Few days ago, after I reached 1600 played hrs in this game I decided make something, whats close to me (i think its bad sentence, still best what i can do :X). 
      I was thinking how decrease workshop items, especially buildings. I wanted massively use vanilla european buildings, so there wasnt much to think about.
      Plan: (every Sunday I am updating stuff)
      My plan isnt build Prague in 1:1. Anyway it is impossible yet. But I want build some well-known places at its own positions to create similar shape of city. In final phase I want have over 250k people at maximum! I am big detailer, so building blocks/districts take much time for me (I am too thinking about every prop I place)

Currently stage: Placing rails

First step:
      is create river Vltava.
      Shipping canal Podbaba (you can see on screen below)
      Change terrain heights to right ones, build around coasts.
      Create rail system (its is huge, huge system which I am looking forward!)
      Find the way how to build Prague Castle.
      Prague - few interesting facts:
      Prague Castle is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the largest castle in the world (70 000 m² is equivalent to 17,297 acre or 0,027 mile²)
      Charles Square is one of the largest squares in the world and was the largest town square of the medieval Europe. It used to be called "The Big Marketplace" (Tržiště velké) or „Cattle Market" (Dobytčí trh)
      The most famous square is certainly the Wenceslas Square, formerly known as Horse Market (Koňský trh). It was renamed Saint Wenceslas square (Svatováclavské náměstí) in 1848 on the proposal of Karel Havlíček Borovský.
      The Prague pneumatic post is the world's last preserved municipal pneumatic post system It is an underground system of metal tubes under the wider centre of Prague, totaling about 55 kilometres in length. It crosses the river Vltava three times.
      You can visit the Astronomical Clock not only in Prague but even thousand miles away - in Seoul. The replica was built in a popular district Hongda and works as a restaurant and exhibition centre.
      Prague Subway (metro) comprises three lines, serving 57 stations, and consists of a transit network 59,3 km (= 35.7 mi.) long. The shortest distance is between Hlavní nádraží (Main Train Station) and Muzeum (425 m = 0,26 mi.), the longest distance is between Nádraží Holešovice (Holešovice Train Station) and Kobylisy (2748 m = 1708 mi.)
      Vršovice is a less well-known district of Prague but in the last century there was one of the world largest amusement park - the Eden Pleasure Gardens with roller coaster, helter-skelter or just boating. Now Tesco and the Slavia football stadium stand here. (Slavia Praha is my most favourite football team)
      And finally some first tastings:

• By MisterBlueStar4
      The city in progress

• By Bullet Filter
      Hello!
      Although I have an odd feeling that no one will reply or bother to look at this thread, I would like to notify everyone that I am starting up a semi-serious simcity private region on Europe West 1. If you wish to join then add my origin: BulletFilter
      If you have any questions feel free to ask them with a simple reply.
      Thank you for taking the time to view this
      3/7 CITIES CURRENTLY IN USE
    • By Infrastructurist
      Thought some of you might like this  

"Sit back and relax as we follow the currently longest tram route in Bennaville. Cars, pedestrians and trams have somewhat realistic speed, so our (approx) 8.5 km / 5.3 mile trip will take about 21 minutes during this mid day/early afternoon ride.
      As noted in a similar video this was my first big city after breaking a 1.5 year Cities: Skylines hiatus, so there is very little actual detailing, and some neighbourhoods where rushed even for my standards. I do however enjoy the brute scale, with more than 11.5 km from the furthest western to the furthest eastern part of the city. 
      I suspect a lot of people where harmed in the making of this video. Oh, and finding a five guys burgerjoint here looks to be pretty easy.."

• By Stellaris88
      Are there any games where you can be an totalitarian dictator? And Controlling everything and everyone?  Yes i know Tropico is such an game, but you are only an dictator of a small Island, not really a powerful ruler. Are there any games besides the tropico series where you can be an cruel dictator? Any games where you can rule over more than just a tiny Island as a dictator?