• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for June & July   06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
T Wrecks

Overview of notable STEX content 2016

13 posts in this topic

Great list - love the captions. Thanks for creating this! :-)

Ups! I'll try to fix it, but don't know if will work from the phone, the list is too big!

The criteria we used was to put the still available files (in February 2017) that were initially submitted on 2016, maybe something you did isn't currently available or was initially posted at the end of 2015?

3 minutes ago, matias93 said:

The criteria we used was to put the still available files (in February 2017) that were initially submitted on 2016, maybe something you did isn't currently available or was initially posted at the end of 2015?

it should be still available and i posted it in 2016

Hm, hope this isn't arrogant as you did all the work and me only reading - but you mentioned me with 'mass tourism' and some other small stuff - which was the work of a few hours and skipped the 'big paeng theory' which was the work of more than a year. Don't want to complain - it's more that I'm surprised about my own feelings atm. I feel aggrieved like an actor who's acting in a leading role in a serious film is ignored but his 3 seconds apearance in a comedy gets applause.  As you say, you list the "notabale" stuff, not the 'funny' or 'nice' stuff or 'usefull' stuff. And I think a set of 78 lots could fit this adjective, even if it fails fitting many other adjectives - even if nobody likes it - the work itself couldn't it be regarded as notable in some sense?

Suddenly my feelings turn things into being serious where my mind says, I shouldn't take it that serious. And I hate this state of feelings and mind quarreling. And that's why I had to post. Now, as I said, I'm aggrieved - it feels much better. :ninja:

matias93 likes this

The only thing I can say on our defense is that we did the list on very inconvenient hours (p.e. 3 to 5 AM); indeed, I feel sleep more than once over the keyboard, to only wake back knowing nothing about where in the list I was.

To have missed the big paeng theory is certainly a big omission, but at least this comments will make it even more visible than a place on the list.

Yeah, not to mention we worked on this list among three people and had serious trouble getting it to post at all because it is very long and full of tags, which the board software didn't seem to like...

So if you find something is missing, just let us know. We are human after all. We make mistakes. Get 200 right, you may still get a handul wrong. :lost:

matias93 likes this