• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for June & July   06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we'd love to be able to do some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution is so meaningful, every dollar counts! Hardware Upgrades We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our ageing server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins

4 posts in this topic

Are there any political/strategy games like the tropico series, wehre you can be a dictator? Or is this game series unique? Is tropico the only game that allows you to Play as a real totalitarian dictator? Or do other games like this exis5t where you can become a brutal totalitarian dictator? Is tropico the only really good political simulation game?

On 3/18/2017 at 10:36 AM, Stellaris88 said:

Is tropico the only game that allows you to Play as a real totalitarian dictator?

Probably.

One alternative could be Urban Empire, but it doesn't have great reviews, so as it stands right now your best choice is indeed Tropico.

3 minutes ago, Jolteon said:

One alternative could be Urban Empire, but it doesn't have great reviews, so as it stands right now your best choice is indeed Tropico.

Yes urban empire seems to be very bad