• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Help us reach our June donation goal   06/12/2017

If you can, please help us reach our June donation goal!  Please note that the STEX Collector's Set gift can now be sent to you by digital download, as well as by mail! Simtropolis runs mostly on donations, as you know, every dollar helps us keep things up and running and bring in improvements from time to time. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
T Wrecks

Overview of notable STEX content 2015

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Thanks for posting/listing all of those wonderful pieces of custom content , and has links . You guys are so cool , thanks again . *:thumb: 

2015 granted us some awesome stuff to help us paint our cities . Thanks everybody .

Edited by raynev1

added something
airman15 and Fantozzi like this

Yah-hoo! Two categories! I'm surprised the list of contributions to automata ended up being that long!

A small handful of the 2015 automata projects saw updates the following year; could those be counted under the 2016 category as well and are each year being treated separately from one another?

Nicely done! That is quite the extensive and well organized list of notable releases. Thanks for taking the time and effort to make it :thumb:

On 3/14/2017 at 7:07 AM, airman15 said:

A small handful of the 2015 automata projects saw updates the following year; could those be counted under the 2016 category as well and are each year being treated separately from one another?

It's usually just content uploaded within the year. In some cases updates will count, the NAM for instance, but they only count when there are big changes to content. 

Yes,  each year is being counted seperatly from each other. Two ceremonies, held at the same time!  

airman15 and raynev1 like this

who I believe has moved on to create stuff for C:S afterwards

Unfortunately nope, not into city games much these days.

Surprise to see all my old stuff up there though, thanks. *:thumb:

T Wrecks likes this

OK, I stand corrected. Unfortunate indeed, but I hope whatever you moved to makes you happy, and I'm glad you have shared some of your superb work with us. *:)

raynev1 likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  
  • Similar Content

• By Trylk255
      Hello Simtropolitans! I'm Sebastian anmd I'm gonna be your narrator for the very unique Stepped cliffs city journal, or more specifically, map and city journal.
      The map will be available (terrain ready to play) once I will have completed this City Journal.
      Here, I wanted to create something unique with a very different story from what we're used to hear/listen to.
      So here I begin with the very first hours of mapping...
      It all began by a simple image in my mind, two cliffs at the edges of the map's bounds, a middly steep valley between 'em. A simple image that took 2hours to make both cliffs... 30 mins after, I was trying to figure out how I could make this map playable, because I don't want a very lot of water in the map.
      Back to the real world where I live at, there is no such similiar thing  around me. All I can see outdoor is the city.
    • By IvoryL96
      Hello there everyone, I have been playing SC4 for many years now, and had no problem with creating various cities with the in-game buildings, and as of recent, I have been looking online for skylines and layouts which inspire me, and couldn't help but notice all these buildings I have never even seen before, most of which are apparently downloadable. I am brand new to this community, and no matter how old the game gets it will always be among my favorite, would someone kindly explain how to download this content? I am 21 but not tech savvy as far as DLC goes and would love to join all of you. Thank you all! 
    • By CorinaMarie
      We've tweaked the SimCity 3000 Files section of the STEX to be for player created content and have added a separate SC3K Maxis Files category for the extra stuff provided by Maxis.
      So, just a general heads up announcement.
    • By daderic888
      G'day guys,
      While I am currently working on my first BAT, how does one go about making curved walls?
      I have been reading up about this and it appears that there are ways of achieving this.
      Unfortunately, it seems that the Philippo Tutorial doesn't highlight this aspect.
      What is the best way please?
    • By Fantozzi
      There was a time uploads on the STEX were rated simply with 1 -5 stars and without a written comment and nobody did know - why someone only rated something 3 stars.
      Now you need to give a comment. And I thought this comment is to explain the rate you give. F.e. if someone uploads a yellow house and you don't like the color yellow - you give 3 stars and and write: this house is yellow and i don't like it yellow, blue it would be much better (as you could before without telling your motivation).
      So now other users will see - Ah, that's the reason fantozzi rated this 3 stars, but me, I love the colour yellow, so why should I care about fantozzis rating?
      As me, being objective, I can try, but it's almost impossible, as I'm not almighty in my knowledge and capabilities and on judging content I'm not always 'right' in the sense of public opinion or the opinion of everyone and therefore my opinion might be 'strange' to others. That's a result of me being a subject, an individual, I think. I can fail. Even on opinion or judging. So I can't always do right to everybody.
      Now I see subjective ratings on uploads will be deleted.
      So objective criteria is needed - criteria that can be applied on all ratings the same way and exclude subjective judgements like about which colour is better for a building.
      Or I won't rate anymore anything here - as beeing attacked by moderators just for stating my subjective (and maybe wrong - in a public view) opinion, I don't like this.
      So please tell me what I am allowed to say and what not when rating.