• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

March goal: We're almost there!   03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
Fantozzi

[Development] The Day Major Fantozzi went Farming

40 posts in this topic

Nice! (Particularly the sparse cows). But I thought you would keep the "cows' levels" on different stages *:???:

5 hours ago, matias93 said:

But I thought you would keep the "cows' levels" on different stages

Well, I have to cover 10 grow stages and I want on every stage something new - not completely new, not that every field grows only on one stage - there probably will be fields appearing only on one or two stages. But there also will be fields growing on 4 or 5 stages or maybe more. So most probably it will happen that cows low will grow on stages 3 to 6, cows high density will grow on stages 4 to 9 and ultra will grow on 8 to 10. So there will be most probably overlapping stages for most of the fields. The fields will have stage ranges within they grow. And some fields will have very wide ranges. So, hopefully, even non-CAM users will see a bigger part of the fields ottherwise they would see only 30% of the fields I make.  

fields4.jpg

From left to right: gooseberry (Cycledogg), greenhouse lettuce (Nexis/Pegasus), growing tunnels (DocRohrlach), olive groove (Cycledogg).

2 people like this

Those are looking good, I like the flexibility of having greenhouses everywhere when the zone develops. Can leave rows in certain places, rezone for another field type next to them, etc. Same deal with the hoop houses, although they "breathe" just fine with a field full.

2 people like this

Looking good! Might I suggest forrestry/tree farms? BTW, shouldn't dense cows be hooked up to modern dairies, or are you working solely on fields now?

3 people like this

14 minutes ago, OcramsRzr said:

Might I suggest forrestry/tree farms?

Yes, they are on my list.

15 minutes ago, OcramsRzr said:

BTW, shouldn't dense cows be hooked up to modern dairies, or are you working solely on fields now?

Yes and yes. Don't look at the lots. They are only place holders atm, want to collect and finish the fields first. So far all together (external + mine) they are 24. On 10 growth stages and ~100 lots I think still some more will be needed.

2 people like this

43 minutes ago, OcramsRzr said:

forrestry/tree farms

With a small logging camp or base of operations as the anchor lot, this could be quite epic. Could use a large lot which included logging road props and matching trees to make the anchor visually extend into the zone.

3 people like this

12 hours ago, CT14 said:

With a small logging camp or base of operations as the anchor lot, this could be quite epic. Could use a large lot which included logging road props and matching trees to make the anchor visually extend into the zone.

Thanks - you gave me the idear trying to create 1x5 or even longer lots with a dirt road an log piles along the side - so the lot may look like a forest aisle. What do you think?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Fantozzi said:

Thanks - you gave me the idear trying to create 1x5 or even longer lots with a dirt road an log piles along the side - so the lot may look like a forest aisle. What do you think?

Maybe a 5x3 or 6x3 in which the street-side tiles are full with tree props, letting a 2x3 or 3x3 empty space with logs and some logging machinery, then creating an ilussion of a narrow path through the woods.

In any case, I remember @Silur and @Ln X had done very detailed and accurate logging campaments with MMPs, so maybe they are more capable of suggesting how to replicate their work on the lot editor. Nevertheless, this development is fantastical and will make this level of realism much more reachable to less talented players, like me :P 

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, matias93 said:

very detailed and accurate logging campaments with MMPs

If you stumble upon a nice CJ picture- don't hesitate to link it here. Now I'm doing the fields and with no. 25 and 26 I'm almost out of idears. So I appreciate it, doing suggestion for the lots, before I started with them.

Another, completely different thing: I'll use the custom querry windows from Pegasus with my field lots (as the SPAM ressource pack is already a dependency because of the props - so I thought why not using the included query window too?). Is there a SPAM user who can tell me if there is also another custom query window for SPAM farm lots?

fields5.jpg

From left to right: Pinewoods (5 seasonal stages, props cycledogg), Tomatoes Greenhouse (new props/Nexis), Lettuce (new props), PEG Nutrients Extraction (Pegasus).

3 people like this