• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for June & July   06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
mike_154

Site donations

3 posts in this topic

i want to donate money to you guys,for your great work here at simtropolis, but i can not because paypal is not responding.Why dont you guys make an open pay system for credit cards,then we do not need this hassle. 

Try contacting the webmaster (dirktator@simtropolis.com). I can't reproduce the issue, but he may be able to help you out!

Hi there,

Thanks for your interest in supporting the site, and welcome to the community. *:)

Yes, I'd recommend to contact @Dirktator our webmaster, who handles the donations. Usually the best way is via PM, but also the email @Haljackey specified above would do the job if that's your preferred method of contact. Any questions/issues with PayPal or to explore an alternative payment method, I'm sure Dirk will be able to help you out.

One reason why ST doesn't use an internal commerce system is because the site doesn't yet support HTTPS (secure connections). Currently, this means payment details wouldn't be encrypted here once submitted. So therefore, since PayPal is an independent service, it allows transactions to be processed using their systems, which use appropriate security measures.

However, suggestions are always welcome, and other options can definitely be explored in future.

-CB

huzman and _Michael like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  
  • Similar Content

• By Akallan
      Hello everyone,
      I just commented in this area because I first encounter a serious problem that needs to be taken into consideration quickly: Simptropolis bug and I find myself on accounts at other players.
      Tonight, I logged in to my Simtropolis account, I did what I had to do and I left on other websites. Back on Simtropolis, I found myself on the account of another player instead of mine (I will not mention his name here). At first I thought it was nothing serious and I updated the page and it was all good.
      Then, same story, but this time I arrive on the account of the Webmaster, and even while updating I was connected to his account and if I wish I can read all these messages, do all the actions I want (I read no message and I immediately stopped the connection from ST, believe it or not). I have now come to tell you about this problem, it needs to be resolved as soon as possible, I can not accept to be logged into an account of another player, I risk problems on my behalf, and it also means That other players may have the same problem as me and end up on my account unintentionally.
      This is a proof that I was on the wrong side tonight, without trickery:

• By Chief ZDN
      Hello everyone,
      Today's June 1 in Indonesia. But, the donation tracker isn't updated to reflect this (timezone diff?). Alright, we've exceeding the May donation goal (102%!). This is impressive. Thank you, all donators! Without you, we can't survive in long time.
      For those want to donate, it's fine. By donating to the community, you'll help the community. Yes, you may not helping directly. But, hosting is important component to the community. We've experiencing slightly increase (I don't know the data so I can't estimate it accurately) on expenses because our user growth. Don't hesitate to donate us.
      Thank you.
    • By Dirktator
      Over the past weeks, we've received several suggestions on expanding our donation methods. Some suggestions just aren't too viable for us, but several people have suggested bitcoins.
      The question is, we're not sure how many of you guys use bitcoin who visit here and if you did, would it be something you would use to donate?
      So we're tossing the question out to you.  Let us know if you have other suggestions. Thanks!
      (This poll topic will close on May 9, 2017)
    • By Cyclone Boom
      Got some ideas?
      Here's a place where you can recommend any improvements to Simtropolis. 
      It's about time we had one of these. Even though the site continues to develop, we'd love to hear your thoughts on how it can be further refined and made better for everyone. Whether it be a simple layout/design tweak, or a completely brand new feature, post away in this thread!
      While we can't promise everything will be possible or implemented, each idea will be read and considered. I'm sure you'll appreciate there are limitations, both technically and financially.
      To report any issues with an existing site feature, or something not working as intended, please instead use the Bugs Thread.

Guidelines
      For clarity, please keep one idea per post. Double posts are acceptable if you've more than one idea at once.
      Note: To prevent successive replies from auto-merging, you may need to wait 5 minutes.
        Give a subheading, describing briefly what the idea is.
        Explain the idea -- it helps to give as much detail as possible. Pictures or diagrams are acceptable, but not required.
        Why would this be of benefit to the community?
        If you value anyone's idea, please Like it to show your support. This helps to give a rough indication of how well an idea is received.
        If commenting on an idea, please quote/copy the subheading so it's clear what is being discussed.  
      Progress Status
      Once processed, ideas will be tagged with one of the following:

NOT PLANNED -    The idea is appreciated, but at this stage, is not feasible to implement.
        INTERNAL REVIEW -    We like the idea, and will pursue whether it's currently feasible to implement.
        PLANNED -    We have decided to implement the idea, and are finding the best ways to go about it.
        IMPLEMENTED -    The idea has been added as a new site feature!
      This will change depending on ongoing progress with implementation.

Thanks all!
      -The Admins
    • By Dirktator
      Methods to donate to Simtropolis.  We will accept any currency, via any of the following methods:   #1 (Preferred) PayPal Just click the donate button  here and it will take you to where you need to go.   #2 Mail In Donations We will accept mailed in donations, money orders and cheques are ideal.  If you must send cash, be sure to enclose it inside a greeting card.  You know the risks with sending cash, so the choice is up to you.    You can mail your donations.  The address has changed, so please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and inquire.
        If you have any questions, please PM me!    Thanks everyone!