• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

March goal: We're almost there!   03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
mike_154

Site donations

3 posts in this topic

i want to donate money to you guys,for your great work here at simtropolis, but i can not because paypal is not responding.Why dont you guys make an open pay system for credit cards,then we do not need this hassle. 

Try contacting the webmaster (dirktator@simtropolis.com). I can't reproduce the issue, but he may be able to help you out!

Hi there,

Thanks for your interest in supporting the site, and welcome to the community. *:)

Yes, I'd recommend to contact @Dirktator our webmaster, who handles the donations. Usually the best way is via PM, but also the email @Haljackey specified above would do the job if that's your preferred method of contact. Any questions/issues with PayPal or to explore an alternative payment method, I'm sure Dirk will be able to help you out.

One reason why ST doesn't use an internal commerce system is because the site doesn't yet support HTTPS (secure connections). Currently, this means payment details wouldn't be encrypted here once submitted. So therefore, since PayPal is an independent service, it allows transactions to be processed using their systems, which use appropriate security measures.

However, suggestions are always welcome, and other options can definitely be explored in future.

-CB

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  
  • Similar Content

• By Cyclone Boom
      Got some ideas?
      Here's a place where you can recommend any improvements to Simtropolis. 
      It's about time we had one of these. Even though the site continues to develop, we'd love to hear your thoughts on how it can be further refined and made better for everyone. Whether it be a simple layout/design tweak, or a completely brand new feature, post away in this thread!
      While we can't promise everything will be possible or implemented, each idea will be read and considered. I'm sure you'll appreciate there are limitations, both technically and financially.
      To report any issues with an existing site feature, or something not working as intended, please instead use the Bugs Thread.

Guidelines
      For clarity, please keep one idea per post. Double posts are acceptable if you've more than one idea at once.
      Note: To prevent successive replies from auto-merging, you may need to wait 5 minutes.
        Give a subheading, describing briefly what the idea is.
        Explain the idea -- it helps to give as much detail as possible. Pictures or diagrams are acceptable, but not required.
        Why would this be of benefit to the community?
        If you value anyone's idea, please Like it to show your support. This helps to give a rough indication of how well an idea is received.
        If commenting on an idea, please quote/copy the subheading so it's clear what is being discussed.  
      Progress Status
      Once processed, ideas will be tagged with one of the following:

NOT PLANNED -    The idea is appreciated, but at this stage, is not feasible to implement.
        INTERNAL REVIEW -    We like the idea, and will pursue whether it's currently feasible to implement.
        PLANNED -    We have decided to implement the idea, and are finding the best ways to go about it.
        IMPLEMENTED -    The idea has been added as a new site feature!
      This will change depending on ongoing progress with implementation.

Thanks all!
      -The Admins
    • By Dirktator
      Methods to donate to Simtropolis.  We will accept any currency, via any of the following methods:   #1 (Preferred) PayPal Just click the donate button  here and it will take you to where you need to go.   #2 Mail In Donations We will accept mailed in donations, money orders and cheques are ideal.  If you must send cash, be sure to enclose it inside a greeting card.  You know the risks with sending cash, so the choice is up to you.    You can mail your donations.  The address has changed, so please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and inquire.
        If you have any questions, please PM me!    Thanks everyone! 

• By afagundes
      Hello Simtropolis Staff!
      If Simtropolis needs donations to keep going, then why not let members be sponsors and let everybody know who the sponsors are tagging their profiles? I think this is just an ideia to motivate people to donate and let everybody know who loves this community.
      Thank you!
      afagund
    • By Cyclone Boom
      Hi everyone, 
      Continuing on from recent discussions, we think it'd be helpful to start collecting evidence about issues with STEX files.
      Such as:
      Broken formatting  [Example]. Errors when downloading files  (e.g. 3D161/G - File not found). Corrupted archives  (e.g. broken ZIPs). Invalid or missing dependency links  (e.g. [Old]  >>  [New]). Missing descriptions / screenshots. Irregular download counts (more downloads than views). Any other abnormality, or function not working as intended.
      So if you discover any of the above, please reply below with this info. The more examples of evidence we collect, the easier it'll be to determine patterns. Afterwards, it can be used for further investigation, in attempt to find solutions once and for all.
      Supporting details such as screenshots, abnormalities in the HTML, or error codes are also welcome.
      The following posts will form index lists.

Regarding a STEX overhaul, we've got to begin somewhere. I believe focussing on the more serious shortcomings makes sense as a starting point. Once these are hopefully addressed, it'll become a much clearer picture. Looking ahead, it may then lead onto more ambitious projects including the previously mentioned tagging, and the ideas which @rsc204 and @Tarkus discussed (e.g. here and here), amongst others. We're in this together as a community, and continuing on, any input or assistance would be welcome.
      Some files are not in a good shape, much like old property that needs a little TLC. Just like an architect, although it's a fact of life, people never intended their creations to reach a state of disrepair. As a result, being fair to authors past and present, it's time to commence action for the benefit of the whole community going forward.
      Thanks!
    • By Cyclone Boom
      This read-only thread will be used by site staff for posting updates relating to Simtropolis, such as new features or notable changes. 
      Please post any requests or ideas in the Suggestions Box. 
      Or if you'd like to report a bug or other issue, please use the Bugs Thread. 
      Thanks all!