• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Help us reach our June donation goal   06/12/2017

If you can, please help us reach our June donation goal!  Please note that the STEX Collector's Set gift can now be sent to you by digital download, as well as by mail! Simtropolis runs mostly on donations, as you know, every dollar helps us keep things up and running and bring in improvements from time to time. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
Tim The Terrible

released
Cities: Skylines - "Mass Transit" Disucssion

146 posts in this topic

There's a mod (I don't which FTM), which is no longer functional, I doesn't allow me to edit any assets, causing assets gone completely broken. I disabled everything and assets are again editable in asset editor, no longer gets broken. 

UPDATE: It's Advanced Building Editor. @BloodyPenguin some details in case it's needed:

*Verification: Disabled every mod and started to activate them one by one, until Asset Editor gets broken. 

*How to reproduce it: 

Load up any asset with ABE on. Save the asset in asset editor (doesnt matter new asset then save or load existing then save. Not necessary to make any changes on the asset, just save) After saving the asset, it gets completely broken next time, it becomes impossible to load it from asset editor and make edits. 

mrsmartman likes this

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
4UwgEhx.jpg

I updated all obsolete/error-throwing mods, and as a result I get no errors during the loading process, but unfortunately this is all I get to see. Doesn't make building cities any easier *:D

Edit: nevermind, fixed it by disabling Control Building Level Up and Dynamic Resolution, so either one of them must be the culprit.

mrsmartman and Trooth like this

23 minutes ago, Judazzz said:

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
Edit: nevermind, fixed it by disabling Control Building Level Up and Dynamic Resolution, so either one of them must be the culprit.

It's dynamic resolution... *cries a lot*

mrsmartman likes this

4 minutes ago, Cool_Z said:

Yeah, I completely forgot how rough around the edges the game looks without DR :O 
Thankfully my laptop has a 4K resolution panel to ease some of the pain, but imo. 1080p with 300% DR looks infinitely better (and keeps the UI readable....)

mrsmartman likes this

I had just disabled dynamic resolution before getting the DLC.  I run in 4k anyways so I figured it was non essential for me.  I never could get the result I wanted from it.  (I get a lot of noise on things likes fences and barriers).  

mrsmartman likes this

9 minutes ago, Judazzz said:

Yeah, I completely forgot how rough around the edges the game looks without DR :O 
Thankfully my laptop has a 4K resolution panel to ease some of the pain, but imo. 1080p with 300% DR looks infinitely better (and keeps the UI readable....)

How do you get any frames @ 300% DR?

mrsmartman likes this

6 minutes ago, Rotype said:

I am running pretty good at 4k with a GTX 1080, core if 2500k, and 16 gb ram.  I am very selective with my assets and mods for performance hits though.  I never really tweaked dynamic resolution since I got the 1080 though.  I prefer not to mod the game when possible, but there are certain mods that are absolutely necessary to me for my style of play.  I just never got dynamic resolution to produce results that are worth the downsides of running the mod for me.  Dynamic Resolution was a lot more impressive when I was running the game on a GTX 770 though.  

mrsmartman likes this

19 minutes ago, Cool_Z said:

I really hope it comes back one way or the other, not to mention I began using the NvidiaProfileInspector ambient occlusion trick not even two weeks ago...

Appart from that I was expecting the situation to be way worse, the "mod recovery" seems to be even faster than after ND. A huge thank you to all the modders! :thumb:

mrsmartman likes this

1 hour ago, Rotype said:

I'm playing the game on a laptop with an i7 and a GTX1070. But I wasn't saying I was getting many frames (performance is pretty atrocious to be honest *:D )

mrsmartman likes this

I've not bought the DLC but since last night the game has updated. I've noticed all of a sudden all of my roads have names with a checkbox that says "Priority Road" I'm now confused because I can't recall any of my mods having that. Nice feature though.

I've not noticed any issues with mods pop up yet but building a road gives this error:

"

Method not found: 'TransportLine.CalculatePathSegmentCount'. [System.MissingMethodException]

Details:
No details"

mrsmartman likes this

2 minutes ago, hbn said:

I've not bought the DLC but since last night the game has updated. I've noticed all of a sudden all of my roads have names with a checkbox that says "Priority Road"

I'm now confused because I can't recall any of my mods having that.

That is part of the update.  They have added features that was in several popular mods, and those are part of the free updates.  

16 minutes ago, BloodyPenguin said:

@R3V0 I'll fix both Advanced Buildings Editor and More Asset Tags on this weekend probably. Right now I'm more focused on player facing mods. Sorry for inconveniences.

You have a lot of great mods, and I appreciate your contributions to the community.  Your response time on 81 tiles is literally amazing.  

mrsmartman likes this

Back last year I made the break from Windows 7 to Linux Mint and Cities Skylines stopped working on my PC (click on game, screen goes black for a couple of seconds and then exits back to desktop) even tho it was meant to work on a Linux Computer ... many google searches later and a lot of rummaging thru various forums I gave up along with what seems a lot of other Linux users ... since then I have done the updates and the DLCs when they became available, but no change.

This morning when the update became available I updated as per normal (still to buy the DLC), clicked on the game when the update had finished installing and nearly fell out of my chair when the game started up and I was able to access one of the maps  :party:

2 hours ago, hbn said:

I've not bought the DLC but since last night the game has updated. I've noticed all of a sudden all of my roads have names with a checkbox that says "Priority Road" I'm now confused because I can't recall any of my mods having that. Nice feature though.

I've not noticed any issues with mods pop up yet but building a road gives this error:

"

Method not found: 'TransportLine.CalculatePathSegmentCount'. [System.MissingMethodException]

Details:
No details"

That should be Transport Line Manager, it's not being updated with Mass Transit.  Several other folks are working on reviving it down the road.

mrsmartman likes this

Well! I'm impressed at the speed of modders in updating their content for compatibility with Mass Transit- most important/popular mods were back online by the end of day 1. Considering the majority of modders have full time work or studies it really is amazing. Thanks and congrats to all!

The new expansion looks quite substantial on first look. The half baked "precision engineering" inspired  tool is frustrating- I'll still be using the original mod for clearer read out of % and units of measurement. I do seem to have a glitch when zooming in- roads go white all assets disappear- including vehicles. Road naming is also missing- expect that the glitch will be fixed soon.

Pluispixel and mrsmartman like this

12 hours ago, Roadman20 said:

That should be Transport Line Manager, it's not being updated with Mass Transit.  Several other folks are working on reviving it down the road.

Ah right. I'll disable it then, though mightve thought with this DLC being oriented on transport and mass transit, something like that would be integrated.

mrsmartman likes this

Silly question perhaps (I must be overlooking something), but how do I get to see the new traffic light/stop sign icons on the roads with the new built-in traffic tools? On Youtube video's I saw them show up as soon as you select a road (either through the new Traffic Routes tool, or by clicking on the Adjust Road button of a road info panel), but when I do that I don't see any icons. I however did manage to toggle traffic lights by randomly clicking on an intersection until I - apparently - managed to hit the invisible traffic light icon...
Is there a setting I need to enable, or is this new functionality clashing with a mod?

And while we're at asking dumb questions, is there any way to toggle road names (I still see them when in cinematic view), direction arrows, which road tools (guides, nodes), etc?

mrsmartman likes this

3 hours ago, Judazzz said:

Silly question perhaps (I must be overlooking something), but how do I get to see the new traffic light/stop sign icons on the roads with the new built-in traffic tools? On Youtube video's I saw them show up as soon as you select a road (either through the new Traffic Routes tool, or by clicking on the Adjust Road button of a road info panel), but when I do that I don't see any icons. I however did manage to toggle traffic lights by randomly clicking on an intersection until I - apparently - managed to hit the invisible traffic light icon...
Is there a setting I need to enable, or is this new functionality clashing with a mod?

And while we're at asking dumb questions, is there any way to toggle road names (I still see them when in cinematic view), direction arrows, which road tools (guides, nodes), etc?

In the Info Views section right down the bottom right you will see an icon called Traffic Routes click on that then on the Junctions tab and you should see all the junctions show either greyed stop signs and or greyed traffic lights clicking on them will activate them how you can tell is that they go from grey to colored and you will see new stop signs or traffic lights appear..

The one cool thing about the new junctions feature not sure it was available before but you can now put traffic lights on residential roads now instead of stop signs..

20170521020626_1.jpg

mrsmartman and Judazzz like this

My road names are hidden while in game- I can edit them via the menu but the names don't show. Running a number of mods but to save time has anyone else encountered this glitch and identified the rogue mod?

mrsmartman likes this

I'm finally back from my travels and see that my game is mostly working fine. Thanks to all the modders who updated their creations and those of others.

I'm happy to see that I misunderstood the ferry mechanics. The original canals, even the smallest variant, work perfectly fine for ferry lines. Ferries can pass each other in opposite directions, they just have to wait behind a stopped ferry. You don't even have to look at the funny "dance" the ferry does at a stop in a wide canal. I guess I'd like to see a smaller stop and a low "ferry" (like in Amsterdam) at some point (so you get away with lower bridges), but at least everything seems to be working well enough.

Trooth, Pluispixel and mrsmartman like this

Well last night I played the game fine. Saved fine.

Today some workshop content had updates:

And now I'm getting stuck at this bloody screen with the blue wheel of infinite loading. ¬.¬

cs.png

EDIT: Right, well it took 15 minutes to get past that at which point I checked my mods and found Less Steam was turned off so I wonder if that was the reason.

Trooth and mutton noir like this

Thats could be the reason. Without less steam it tooks me also about 10-15 min to get ot main menu.

Trooth likes this