• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for June & July   06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we'd love to be able to do some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution is so meaningful, every dollar counts! Hardware Upgrades We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our ageing server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins

What Sixteen-City Region Should we use for the collab?   2 members have voted

1. 1. What Region?

• Viridian Woods
    • Titan Gorge
    • Discovery Delta

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

There's a new YouTube series coming to DesignerFurry and we're looking for players for it!

If you play from a design perspective, and you like to have high realism in your cities, we are looking for players like you to join our region

in SimCity (2013). If you even still play the game, or you just want to dig it out again for some social interaction, feel free to get your origin profile and join us for this.

More Information, and application are on my website at: Application

NOTE: The reason I have posted it here is because there are external links in this post, and that's not allowed in the region games thread. If a mod/admin sees it fit, despite the links, he/she may move it over to that thread. I see external links in this though, so I really do not know where to post this announcement.

If i could run this past @Cyclone Boom, @CorinaMarie, or @TekindusT to see if this should be moved or not, that would be nice, as I wanted the application to be on my site, as opposed to ST.

Quick Note: This will be exclusive to my channel. It will not be posted on Brian's channel.

As a Mod in training I'm uncertain what ruling to make on this. :O

So, I'll just say I'm glad you are aware of the rules about external links for that forum and I'll follow this thread to see what decision is made. ;)

UrbanFoxx likes this

Thanks Cori, I wasn't sure either, I really do not know where to post this, but I got SimCityBrian to participate in this too. (YouTuber with 2,300 subs)

2 hours ago, CorinaMarie said:

I'm more of a casual player in the SC 2013 public regions, this is a specialized collab in the private realm, but I look forward to the results which I suppose could be posted as an embedded vid in the SparkleCity CJ.

CorinaMarie likes this

So, I've chatted with other Staff Members and we've decided we should always grant the freedom for people to express their city-building creativity. Within reason of course. Do we think this would be appropriate for the SC13 Region Games forum? Yes, since it's requesting for people to join in (matching the purpose of that forum).

So, I've moved the topic.

I'm honored to have been mentioned, but... uh... *ahem* I've never actually, um, played SC2013.  I was just tending the forums while everyone else was busy with other stuff and there were no other volunteers.  If I ever get it, I'd be down, but...  Yeah.  Enjoy your collaboration!

CorinaMarie likes this