• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Need your donations for May & June!   05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins

See who gave reputation

1. Alexgru88

Alexgru88

•  
  • Similar Content

• By Avanya
      So I figured I might as well make a topic here, as this is most likely not gonna be the last time I ask for you guys' oppinion.  If I remember, I'll post WIP and releases of my buildings here.
      My current project is a bus depot that fits the european theme and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out - but I've ended up with two sizes of it and I just can't decide which I like the best and could see myself using both. So I'd love some feedback - which you prefer or if it makes sense to upload both of them.
      The small one is about the same size as the default one and has the same stats. The large one has slightly higher stats, but as depots can spawn infinite busses there's no benefit to the bigger one. I purely made it this large as the ones I took inspiration from were this size or bigger.
      Picture time!  

• By Miccrosshill
      Hi there,

i have a hard time with texturing my models .. after releasing the first ones i checked some other on the workshop and i was surprised how small they are (filesize). My models are smaller one (3*4) and when i switch to 1024*1024 for the texture - i got so blurry textures ingame that i want them to be seen.
      I tried to make the uv better for my models (resize them that mainstructures got the most part) - i looked for better textures - but i am not capable to get a satisfactory result.
      maybe some of you can give me some help to get better at texturing without blowing the filesize for each Model ~ 10MB.

Thats an actual model i working at with 1024*1024 texture:

the same model with a 2048*2048 texture :

As you can see they detail n the second is so much higher and on the first one it is just one "blurr".
      This is my uv-map :

i resized all important big areas to 1.5 - so details would be better - but i have not really luck with that.

I am really stuck at this moment .. having 3 models ready to release but they look only good with 2048² textures and have a filesize about 10 MB - when i check Jz´s Rusty Warehouse 2 - it has only 2.8 MB - shows me that i am doing something wrong.

thanks for any help/hint/suggetsion and sorry for opening a new thread for this

mic

• By Lost_Gecko
      I've just released my first assets and I decided to create a post not because there is much to see, but rather because as an inexperienced modeler it will be a good place to collect feedback and ask for advice. (I would like to keep the forum clean from my numerous questions!)
      So my project is a modular medieval wall that is currently made out of 7 parts of a 6m high set. This is the short version, which is suitable for town walls, but a 12m set is planned. I might also do a 9m version but don't quote me on that.
      The wall parts are based on the great "stone wall" template of Sparks, so they can be placed freely and conform to terrain. I tried to make their stats balanced in terms of entertainment value. I wanted the towers to avoid flattening the terrain and as I'm not good with playing with building's properties, I went with a water tower template without stats. It's not the most convenient but it works. It's also worth noting that the assets only really work well with an anarchy mod (especially the gates that I made without roads for more freedom).
      Here is the link to the collection: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=718095394
      New short pieces and the tall set are on the way, but probably not before the end of July. You can leave suggestions or feedback so that I can improve my future assets!