• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Need your donations for May & June!   04/30/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
AmiPolizeiFunk

Ami's Berlin: Assets (Park Inn Modular Hotel released)

214 posts in this topic

2 options:

1. Assign values to each subbuilding on an "acceptable level", aka distribute over subs. 

2. Set everything 0 on subs, (fire, workers, garbage), so you wont have accesibility issues. Set important stuff on your "main" building, and distribute electricity and sewege in subs. 

2b. Corolary to 2,  you can set everything 0 on subs and use every values on single main building of your complex. 

Okay, thx for making it clear to me about how it works. The asset now is totally borked and I'm working to fix it. I have most of the data in the right places, and I've managed to remove the multiple circles of noise pollution, but I'm still getting this weird price difference. The price of the base building is $150,000 and the noise pollution is 25 (like the High Interest Tower template), the prices of the other sub-buildings is zero. In Find It!, the price and pollution are shown to be $0 (which must be displaying what I used when compiling the buildings all-together):

20170519120710_1.thumb.jpg.d08a937523fe4c8b6d994c6436f4ead6.jpg

But when you hover to plop the building, it says $150,000 (the price of the base building):

20170519120724_1.thumb.jpg.78089058fd4e3e91a8345922631515bf.jpg

???

nvm my last post. I've sorted it all out. This sub-building thing is a bit tricky on your first time!

In the end I went with this solution:

A. base building and 4 sub-buildings: all "Gameplay common" stats zero, all common stats at the bottom zero, 1/4th stats for "Tourist", "Water", "Workers"

B. complete assembled complex: total values for "Gameplay common" (contruction cost, garbage, maintenence), zero for Tourist/Water/Workers, and total stats for common stuff at the bottom (attractiveness, entertainment, noise)

It was important to have to price, maintenance, and pollution in the complete complex so that the data matches when you hover on the building in the menu. I also figured out how to center the entertainment and noise pollution circles.. they seem to be centered on the bottom right side of the complete complex plot, which I reduced to 4x10.  Funny that I started trying my darndest to make the plot 20x10 in the editor, then finally realized that you don't need to and that's never been the intention, then in the end realized that a narrow plot is actually better (I selected 4x10 instead of 14x10) because it will center the circles. What a learning process. :golly:

R3V0 likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  
  • Similar Content

• By Lee Towers
      Hey all! I've been following this forum for a while now and all your amazing creations inspired me to start building assets myself. The first building is almost finished - a 3 track train station, as seen below (props for the person to recognise the station it's based on). I still have a few problems with it though, so bear with me:
      1. The game is creating floors inside the building on its own. There's not even a vertex with the same z-coordinate where it's creating an xy plane inside the building. Is this something that's generated on purpose by the game? The floors are assigned the same textures as the roof of the building. They can be seen through the windows and are positioned about halfway behind the windows.
      2. My sims are not using the third platform. I'm using the single station track with a platform on the left side of the track (relative to the direction it was laid). I thought it had to do with the pedestrian connections that I've laid down, but they are using the second platform which is accessed by the same pedestrian connection.
      3. Speaking of pedestrian connections... I'd much prefer a rendered underground tunnel to the half-assed building I have there now but the game isn't letting me (it pushes the whole model upwards). How do I go about doing that? I know Joak uses them in his train stations, how did he do that?
      Any help regarding one of these questions would me much appreciated! Feedback on the model is also welcome by the way... it's my first time using blender and gimp. The textures aren't final either (mainly the roof and supports need work) but I've yet to learn how to use bump maps.

• By Lost_Gecko
      I've just released my first assets and I decided to create a post not because there is much to see, but rather because as an inexperienced modeler it will be a good place to collect feedback and ask for advice. (I would like to keep the forum clean from my numerous questions!)
      So my project is a modular medieval wall that is currently made out of 7 parts of a 6m high set. This is the short version, which is suitable for town walls, but a 12m set is planned. I might also do a 9m version but don't quote me on that.
      The wall parts are based on the great "stone wall" template of Sparks, so they can be placed freely and conform to terrain. I tried to make their stats balanced in terms of entertainment value. I wanted the towers to avoid flattening the terrain and as I'm not good with playing with building's properties, I went with a water tower template without stats. It's not the most convenient but it works. It's also worth noting that the assets only really work well with an anarchy mod (especially the gates that I made without roads for more freedom).
      Here is the link to the collection: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=718095394
      New short pieces and the tall set are on the way, but probably not before the end of July. You can leave suggestions or feedback so that I can improve my future assets!

• By Tomcat22
      I will be sharing my next assets in this topic, you can check my previous assets here in my workshop page . I finished my old bridge asset and this will be the first asset in this topic  I hope you like it. Detailed information is provided in asset page. 

• By vitusweb
      Hi everybody,
      I am just experimenting with my first Blender asset. I have no textures at the moment.
      At first I could import it successfully in the game, but it had some flipped normals and missing faces, which I had to fix.
      After correcting those issues and removing doubles, I tried to import it again. I can now see my asset in the Asset Editor and it looks correct (including size and orientation). I can appearently save it, but it won't show up in game. Even if I try to load the saved asset again in the Asset Editor, it won't work (it just does nothing). Still I can see it in the content manager. I can even find it with the Find It mod in game, but I get an error as soon as I try to plop it (I think "Object reference not set to an instance of an object").
      I am using the "Cinema" template when importing it in the Asset Editor. I am using the --disableMods and --noWorkshop options when working with the Asset Editor.
      I don't think it is a model problem, otherwise it wouldn't show up even in the Asset Editor... Does anyone have an idea? Thanks!
      EDIT: I had this issue originally with a quite complex model, but it happens even with the simple model which I attach as fbx.

testtorre4.fbx