• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Need your donations for May & June!   05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

About our affiliation with GOG.com   05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
Cyclone Boom

STEX Issues - Community Report Thread

45 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, nos.17 said:

*snip*

Thanks, I've updated all descriptions apart from the final one, which I'll keep for the meantime as an example for that type of issue.

Fantozzi likes this

4 minutes ago, RandyE said:

Download column and description column are overlapping.

I don't know if another moderator edited it, but it looks perfectly normal here.

8 minutes ago, JP Schriefer said:

I don't know if another moderator edited it, but it looks perfectly normal here.

I just looked at it in both IE 11 and Chrome and this is what I'm seeing:

Kansas Place Capture.JPG

9 minutes ago, RandyE said:

I just looked at it in both IE 11 and Chrome and this is what I'm seeing:

To me firefox looks okay. Chrome not.

4 minutes ago, Fantozzi said:

To me Chrome ( 58.0.3029.110) and firefox look okay.

Okay I'll update from 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit) to  ( 58.0.3029.110) and try again, thanks.   I just looked at it with Safari and its okay.  Don't have FF installed right now. 

2 minutes ago, RandyE said:

Okay I'll update from 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit) to  ( 58.0.3029.110) and try again, thanks.   I just looked at it with Safari and its okay.  Don't have FF installed right now. 

Nope sorry. False statement by me. I'm terrible sorry - it's only ff has a smaller letter size. But when I zoom down ff window it's the same on ff. Seems the column can't be resized.

RandyE and JP Schriefer like this

@RandyE I tested it on Firefox and IE and it looks fine. I don't use Chrome to test with it as well. However I noticed that when I change the zoom level (Ctrl + on Firefox) the same 'problem' happens. Can you check if your pages are in the default zoom (100%) ?
Fantozzi beated me, but I'll let the image as an illustration *:P (BTW, is beated a real word?)

TIBT8Jf.png

@Fantozzi Fixed! Thank you :)

Fantozzi likes this

5 minutes ago, JP Schriefer said:

@RandyE I tested it on Firefox and IE and it looks fine. I don't use Chrome to test with it as well. However I noticed that when I change the zoom level (Ctrl + on Firefox) the same 'problem' happens. Can you check if your pages are in the default zoom (100%) ?
Fantozzi beated me, but I'll let the image as an illustration *:P (BTW, is beated a real word?)

I updated chrome and set zoom to 100%, there's still a bit of an overlap, but when I set IE 11 to 100% the overlap is gone.  Fantozzi was throwing beets again? :)  He's always got a beet with something :) 

Fantozzi likes this

That's because Diego copy his descriptions from Wikipedia, so the CSS is carried with the text here, conflicting with the ST formatting. Depending on the screen size and zoom, the texts sees distorted or not.

Fantozzi and RandyE like this