• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Need your donations for May & June!   04/30/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins

See who gave reputation

1. Fantozzi

Fantozzi

•  
  • Similar Content

• By Fantozzi
      There was a time uploads on the STEX were rated simply with 1 -5 stars and without a written comment and nobody did know - why someone only rated something 3 stars.
      Now you need to give a comment. And I thought this comment is to explain the rate you give. F.e. if someone uploads a yellow house and you don't like the color yellow - you give 3 stars and and write: this house is yellow and i don't like it yellow, blue it would be much better (as you could before without telling your motivation).
      So now other users will see - Ah, that's the reason fantozzi rated this 3 stars, but me, I love the colour yellow, so why should I care about fantozzis rating?
      As me, being objective, I can try, but it's almost impossible, as I'm not almighty in my knowledge and capabilities and on judging content I'm not always 'right' in the sense of public opinion or the opinion of everyone and therefore my opinion might be 'strange' to others. That's a result of me being a subject, an individual, I think. I can fail. Even on opinion or judging. So I can't always do right to everybody.
      Now I see subjective ratings on uploads will be deleted.
      So objective criteria is needed - criteria that can be applied on all ratings the same way and exclude subjective judgements like about which colour is better for a building.
      Or I won't rate anymore anything here - as beeing attacked by moderators just for stating my subjective (and maybe wrong - in a public view) opinion, I don't like this.
      So please tell me what I am allowed to say and what not when rating.
    • By huzman
      My SC4D crashed out of use. So, after a total clean out of SC4D files and a fresh re-install, I started thinking "Why 2 copies of it ?" one in "my docs\SC4 Deluxe" and another one under "program files\SC4 Deluxe". How do they interact ? It would help me getting all my plugins/mods and assorted stuff back to the rightful places.
      Much obliged.
    • By huzman
      I woke up this morning with a horrible crash of my SC4D. Launching it got me as far the intro bridge and it just quit. After fooling around trying to fix and loosing the morning, I choose the most radical solution : Move all SC files and folders into a new external hard disk and disconnecting it, and re-install SC4 640 version. Now I have a plain vanilla version. Good. It loads and it looks beautiful if a bit bare.
      My question is multiple : What should install (plugins) first and in what sequence. What extra things should I look into. Where do I find the "no-intro" and "CPU=1" things.
      All your considerations and tips are, of course, are most welcome.
      Thanks
    • By Bloggo
      Hi this is Ghosty20 I am having to write this post on a new account via Google, as it seems that trying to sign in via Facebook is completely broken keeps telling me something went wrong and not sure why..
      Thank you for all for the help I am now able to log in via FB now which is very cool thank you..
    • By Chief ZDN
      This topic is related to the SimPeg Reborn topic. Although there is no discussion about Pegasus. The opinion from that topic is 'included'.
      Hello everyone,
      We are in the SimCity 4 Dark Age. The activity is decreased. Almost-stuck modding development. And, the competition from C:S. The valuable mod, especially hosted in small site (like Japanese SC fansite), is in almost-compromise condition. Because of this, we want to preserves future mods to other places, for example a mod is uploaded to LEX & STEX. However, this is require much effort, especially for reuploading big mods like NAM (I don't mention illegal reupload, I mention the legal reupload by the author) to other places. Some techniques are used, including uploading to the ModDB (NAM Team already did that). But, for more easier uploading, we need an API. I will show you the information about project, goal of the project, specifications, and challenges.
      Information
      The project name is SimxUpload. That's acronym of SimCity Cross-upload. The goal is to provide easier way to modders to upload their works to all exchanges, like LEX and STEX. The GitHub organization is on https://github.com/simxupload. The repository currently empty because I can't make commit from my Android tablet (Is there an Android app allow me to make a commit? The GitHub web commit tools that's available when creating a file is bad). If you want help me setup the repo, please PM me. The project structure is Leader, Co-leader, Senior Dev, Developer, Senior Volunteers, and Volunteers. The project change is pull-request based. So, everyone (especially seniors) can review the pull-requests.
      Specifications
      We will create some specs for library developer, exchange webmaster, and mod storage webmaster. I don't make it because it's difficult to make specs on my tablet.
      Challenges
      We know that the exchange available space is going running out if we directly upload the mod to the exchange. Because of this, we offer option for modders which can upload to the mod storages like ModDB and even, Amazon S3 (this is suitable for project that have a website). Also, we know that many exchanges like the LEX don't have option to refer the download link to the other link. By this, we will discuss with the webmaster and we will spread the spec more. We also will provide the 'locked' attribute and auto-text that write download link in the description (if you don't want this 'cheaty' feature, reply this topic).
      We know that implementing the API to your site is difficult. To solve this, we will 'hire' developers and we give our spec open-source. Also, we will make libraries to support this action.
      Want to join with us? Just PM me. I will add you to the GitHub. But, make sure you have the GitHub project management knowledge and other knowledge if any depending your position.
      We need logo! If you can create us logo, send it to me. If your logo is good, we will use it and we will like it. The logo must use flat-design (to ensure the legibility) and have 3 versions, full color, single color, and mono-chrome. The logo must reflect our values. The logo must legible in mobile devices.
      If you have question/suggestion, reply this. And, thank you.
      The project is failed due to incorrect time & condition. I forget that modding activity is slowing down. Sorry for inconvenient.