• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

We're close! Please help us reach our April & May goals!   04/28/2017

We're getting close with our April goal - please help us over the final bump! Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
RRetail

RRetail Development

227 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, RRetail said:

I now bring you my next batch of projects, various hotels. I'm also planning on taking a look into the LBT hotel models.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Looks great most of them need bigger lots. Could you  if possible  make two versions some with Perhaps  parking garage with small lots for more downtown areas. Thanks for doing these anyways and thanks for all you're relot now and to come.

RRetail likes this

15 hours ago, Evanjs said:

Looks great most of them need bigger lots. Could you  if possible  make two versions some with Perhaps  parking garage with small lots for more downtown areas. Thanks for doing these anyways and thanks for all you're relot now and to come.

I'm actually pretty happy with the lot sizes here. There are hotels made by various users that fit better for a downtown setting. Simgoober has quite a few actually. Maybe I'll try my hand at doing one or two, but don't expect lots of parking if I were too.

15 hours ago, DavidDHetzel said:

Yeah you need to do LBT's pack next, the ones @patfirefghtr released are broken now since they used old texture that are no longer available.

Oh, I did not realize this. Will definitely do them then.

Quick question for nos17 or anyone else who knows. How do you make a building into a prop? I know nos17 knows as he did it with the Super Target mega lot for the bank.

If you're using PIM-X, select the corresponding model you want to convert to a prop and drag it into any of the subcategories under Building as Prop. This will automatically generate a prop exemplar for the model.

cFgKw4K.png

If you're not using PIM-X, Shoot me a PM with the building(s) that you want converted and I'll gladly whip them up for you.

matias93, RRetail and nos.17 like this

40 minutes ago, kingofsimcity said:

If you're using PIM-X, select the corresponding model you want to convert to a prop and drag it into any of the subcategories under Building as Prop. This will automatically generate a prop exemplar for the model.

If you're not using PIM-X, Shoot me a PM with the building(s) that you want converted and I'll gladly whip them up for you.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot myself first, but if I can't get it to work I'll send it your way.

I'm not 100% happy with how the LBT Hilton Garden is at the moment, so you may still see some changes there.  Thinking about moving the pool to fill in space in front of the building.

Marriott may change a little too, but since it is a motel designed for a downtown/city setting I'm not as bothered.  I don't like how the parking garage's sidewalk has the stripe effect in game. Anyone know what causes this? Can anything be done about it?

A big thanks goes out to @Kingofsimcity for 'prop'ing the parking garages. 

Also, I will not be around this weekend (Saturday-Monday) so don't expect anything in that timeframe from myself.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

JP Schriefer likes this

Awesome. Glad to hear it is a simple fix. (I honestly didn't know you could raise heights of props.)

On 5.4.2017 at 0:10 AM, DavidDHetzel said:

Yeah you need to do LBT's pack next, the ones @patfirefghtr released are broken now since they used old texture that are no longer available.

They still work if you apply the older versions of LBT texture/prop packs - see this thread for linkys;

DavidDHetzel likes this

Ok I know its been a bit since the last update. I've been pretty busy lately so I haven't gotten a lot done, but here's what I have:

I also got to ask, anyone know why the CP trees don't show in game (as seen below) yet do show in lot editor? The Marriott's green space is filled with four CP trees yet they do not show in game for me now.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Test World-Apr. 10, 001492118364.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Looking good! The urban parking garage is a perfect fit for that downtown Marriott.  Those other hotels are coming along nicely too.

On a side note, if you ever want to vary your handicap spots a little bit, there's a set of accessibility textures starting at id f8a05295. :)

As for the trees, let your simulation run for a while. Each seasonal model won't render in-game unless you hit the timing required for it or if your in-game date coincides with the timing when you plop it. There's a lot of different timings with cp's trees but letting the game run for around 3-4 months should get every one to show up.

Thanks! I really appreciate you helping to prop the buildings too. Don't be surprised if I eventually ask for additional help.

Yeah, I guess using the blue background handicap does get tiring after awhile. Sometimes I need someone to tell me to vary it! :P

Ok few. I thought I was doing something wrong with the trees.

Target has been held back for I am still working on it. Oh, and you are welcome for a few surprises in here! 

So things may be going a little slow, but needless to say I am still working behind the scenes. I'm experimenting with creating a few different shopping centers and plazas thanks to help from @kingofsimcity. I may even sneak the mall relot in this bigger project. Just don't expect to this project added to the STEX until at least mid-May.

On a different note, a question for everybody, are there any hotels/gas stations/restaurants that I might of missed that you would like to see relotted? I'm open to doing diners, generic restaurants, etc if you let me know which ones you'd like to see revamped. I'm ok with LEX restaurants too.

I will not relot BLAM Dunkin Donuts, PEG Krispy Kreme or Steak and Shake due to various reasons.

The Esso / Petro Canada / Texaco Stations in here are good enough to be redone. Maybe the Fry's and Safeway if your into something bigger.

Looks great but I would like to request on the shopping center relot could you do maybe two different lot sizes with different buildings other then the food lion. 

On 4/19/2017 at 11:11 AM, DavidDHetzel said:

The Esso / Petro Canada / Texaco Stations in here are good enough to be redone. Maybe the Fry's and Safeway if your into something bigger.

Could you try the dollar tree and tjmaxx please? 

Trust me @Evanjs, you don't want them, their really primitive solid color buildings from BATs early days.

@RRetail Not feeling that shopping center. you got a 70s style strip mall, a 80s style grocery store, a 90s style drug store a 00s retailer and a 10s Burger King. It doesn't flow well together. :/

tigerbuilder likes this

13 hours ago, DavidDHetzel said:

@RRetail Not feeling that shopping center. you got a 70s style strip mall, a 80s style grocery store, a 90s style drug store a 00s retailer and a 10s Burger King. It doesn't flow well together. :/

When you put it like that it does sound odd....

See now this is why I like second opinions.

I will say that you might see some time differences simply because of the buildings available. I'll try to at least get them closer in timeframe, but you still may see some '90s mixed in with modern stores and the like.

I'm for the most part okay with this, since for example, many of Eckerd's buildings of this style still do exist either as Rite Aid or CVS.

I was trying make use of matching color schemes and similar sized buildings. I wasn't really focusing on the time side of things.

13 hours ago, Evanjs said:

Could you try the dollar tree and tjmaxx please? 

Just as @DavidDHetzel said,  these two are so old and neglected I'm not even going to try. Also, in regards to your plaza comments, I plan on doing a few more.

Evanjs likes this

Mall time! This mall relot is 3 separate lots that combine to make one. (I do need to adjust JCPenney slightly, so don't let that bother you.)

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Once again, your suggestions for relots of restaurants, gas stations and/or hotels that I missed are highly appreciated.

Evanjs and kingofsimcity like this

Yet even more BATs I've never seen before *:golly:. Looks pretty good!

One suggestion for your larger shopping center - if you haven't done so already - is to use denser car cluster props to fill up the parking lots. From what I can tell, you've been largely using single vehicles. The scattered single prop approach works perfectly fine on your smaller lots but may end up a tad too sparse on larger ones. Larger clusters are a quick way to fill up those spaces and make your larger centers look more lively and busy, and you can spend more time (and props) beautifying the rest of the lot.

nos.17 likes this