• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

March goal: We're almost there!   03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.

8 posts in this topic

Welcome to a brand new path SparkleCity is going to take, as we construct the region from scratch on YouTube, it's time for @Haljackey to have a little competition. (Note: I only mean that light-heartedly... I do not want actual trouble over amplifying the scale of the Oak Ridges project, seen all 100 episodes, and the major cities will be modeled after that.)

Enjoy the viewing experience... and congrats to @CorinaMarie for achieving moderator! Also, the thumbnail is from the Metro Hamilton City journal by @mp01vic do go check that out...

4 people like this

3 minutes ago, TheLynx99 said:

and congrats to @CorinaMarie for achieving moderator!

Thank you. :)

Not bad for a first video. My first SC4 video was a lot worse--I didn't have a really good microphone and I didn't do a good job editing it to make it a reasonable length. I'm glad you kept yours relatively short. If you ever feel that you want to do a longer video, it's a good idea to speed it up or edit out the boring parts. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what the interchange will end up looking like!

2 people like this

Great start. With the interchange, I'd recommend only sinking the highway by 7.5m, since that tends to be realistic and reduced the distance you need for the ascent/descent. Pretty much all of RHW that works with 15m also works with 7.5m, and it just looks better in my opinion. I also concur with Compdude; the length is very suitable.

Keep it up!

:) 

3 people like this

Part two is coming out Friday... gotta do some interchange work off camera, and new episodes will be released Wednesdays...

Here's a look at the national flag for the islands

6ba37e9529.jpg

and Part 2 Is Out!

2 people like this

Looks like you need to fix the link to your video in the above post. It says "this video has been removed by the user."  

EDIT: Seems like your YouTube channel got deleted too. What happened?

1 person likes this

On 1/23/2017 at 3:53 AM, Compdude787 said:

Looks like you need to fix the link to your video in the above post. It says "this video has been removed by the user."  

EDIT: Seems like your YouTube channel got deleted too. What happened?

I gusss Haljackey didn't like the competition and shut him down. 

1 person likes this

On 1/10/2017 at 10:40 PM, Compdude787 said:

Not bad for a first video. My first SC4 video was a lot worse--I didn't have a really good microphone and I didn't do a good job editing it to make it a reasonable length. I'm glad you kept yours relatively short. If you ever feel that you want to do a longer video, it's a good idea to speed it up or edit out the boring parts. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what the interchange will end up looking like!

I'm watching your video , I've got my PS3 hooked up to the big flat screen on the wall watching your video. Its nice to just put it on the TV and watch it. I don't care about the length (although that is important for being sucessful on youtube sadly). I prefer it in real time at 1x speed as its very lovely to see what you are doing. When you speed it up its harder to see  the process. Also I enjoy hearing the commentary and hearing you talk about what you are doing.  And while I will sometimes edit out stuff in my videos , in cases like this I like being able to see everything. I'd say an ideal video length would be around 20 to 24 minutes. 

haha , Seattle is known for being rainy haha. 

one thing that irks me is that for a lot of it you are playing on a far out zoom level which makes it hard to see what you are doing. I like to play on 4. really like the music you choose to put in there. Absolutely love the music in fact.  Watching your video is making me want to give the RHW another go. its been over 10 years since I've tried to use it. back then it was a very complex nightmare. It still scares me some. If SimCity 4 had an undo button that would make it much less of a nightmare. 

Please make more videos. really like them. That goes for not just @Compdude787

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  
  • Similar Content

• By HotCuppaTV

Brand new Cities Skylines series for your viewing pleasure with an english commentator, relaxing jazz to soothe the soul and even some cheeky classical thrown in there. This is a regular series, episode 03 is being uploaded now... We begin on the most gorgeous tropical island although the fast food industry begins to rapidly consume our citizens attention. If this is you cup of tea feel free to follow along! HotCuppaTV

• By CrazyEyes86
      The Coeur d'Alene Resort is a luxury resort hotel in the northwest United States, located in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Seated on the north shore of Lake Coeur d'Alene, the Coeur d Alene Resort features a marina, convention facilities, spa, as well as a notable 18-hole golf course. The hotel has 338 rooms and suites, and its main tower has 18 floors.
      My challenge to YOU make this a mod for the game !!!!!!!
    • By Don_Pato
      A custom stadium, inspired by Municipal Stadium of Braga, Portugal. This BAT is simple ,without details.
    • By Cyclone Boom
      Cities: Skylines
      Index of Modding Tutorials & Information

In an attempt to consolidate various tutorials & info on C:S modding, this topic will serve as an index.
      Basically, please post below links to anything aspiring modders may find useful!

For example:
      Links to custom content related tutorials you've created in another topic (e.g. in this forum). Videos on YouTube, or similar video sites. Helpful links to online information / guides (e.g. Wiki articles, making best use of certain software features).  
      Note: If you wish to post a tutorial / share some personal advice, it's preferred to do so inside a new topic here in the modding forum. This way it keeps discussion contained inside individual topics, making each subject easier to follow, and allows the author to respond to comments.

I'll update links accordingly in the list below:

General Info   (9 resources)

(Info)  Modding API – Paradox Interactive
      (Info)  Unity Scripting API – Unity Technologies
      (Info)  Unity Manual – Unity Technologies
      (Info)  Location of User Data stored for the game – Paradox Interactive
      (Info)  Modding Properties Info Compendium – TPB / Skylines Info Squad
      (Video)  How to Install Cities: Skylines Mods – CapTon
      (Video)  How to Download Cities Skylines Mods on MAC – YouTube
      (Video)  Developer Stream: Mod Masterclass – HenkkaArt
      (Tutorial)  Unity Tutorials – Unity Technologies

3D Modelling   (12 resources)

(Info)  Polygon Count (Wiki article) – polycount
      (Info)  Free 3D Software and Resources for your Modelling Needs – Mr_Maison
      (Info)  An important reminder about Normal Maps – Cool_Z
      (Video)  Making a Custom Model for Cities Skylines – YouTube
      (Video)  Import Model from Blender to Cities: Skylines – YouTube
      (Video)  Blender: Creating low poly Stones and Rocks – YouTube
      (Video)  Importing Sketchup Models – YouTube
      (Video)  Basic Building UV Mapping with 3ds Max 2008 – YouTube
      (Video)  3ds Max 2010 Tutorials (22 video playlist) – YouTube
      (Video)  Creation of a LOD model in 3ds Max – Shroomblaze
      (Tutorial)  How to turn a Model into Game Ready Asset (3ds Max) – Shroomblaze
      (Tutorial)  Bake Normal Maps for realistic, low-poly rocks, bushes and trees (and anything else) – boformer

Modding   (14 resources)
      (Info)  NVIDIA Texture Tools for Adobe Photoshop – NVIDIA Corporation
      (Tutorial)  Illumination Map Texturing Overview – GC_Vos
      (Tutorial)  Detailed Nightlights – Cool_Z
      (Tutorial)  Common Nightlight mistakes you should avoid – Cool_Z
      (Tutorial)  Train Illumination.....a Different Animal – Mr_Maison
      (Tutorial)  How to make a Blinking Neon Sign – boformer
      (Tutorial)  How to create your own (complete) Building Style – boformer
      (Tutorial)  How to create a Building Theme Mod – Donnerwurm
      (Tutorial)  Manipulating networks with a Hex Editor – Sims firehouse
      (Tutorial)  Creating & Applying Custom Props – TallgeeseIV
      (Tutorial)  How to use Alphas for grilles or balconies – Cool_Z
      (Tutorial)  Floors for Reflective Buildings... and others too – Cool_Z
      (Tutorial)  Speculars without artefacts – Cool_Z
      (Tutorial)  Map Editor: How to recreate roads from the real world – Krozjin
      (Tutorial)  How to add lights to a prop – boformer

Assets   (8 resources)
      (Video)  Create an Asset for Cities: Skylines from Scratch – BigMasterBig
      (Tutorial)  Asset Creation 101 – Shroomblaze & various collaborators
      (Tutorial)  How to add Custom Menu Icons to (almost) any Asset - The easier way – TPB
      (Tutorial)  How to add custom Content Manager Thumbnails to assets – TPB
      (Tutorial)  How to update your Workshop Assets - The easy way – TPB
      (Tutorial)  How to Place Assets Anywhere – TPB
      (Tutorial)  Remove Dirt from Tree and Prop Assets – TPB
      (Tutorial)  How to Change an Assets Category Tab while still retaining service info of another Category – Shroomblaze

Custom Content / Workshop   (6 resources)
      (Info)  Steam Workshop "Who to follow?" Suggestions – TPB / Skylines Info Squad
      (Info)  Mod Compatibility Guide for After Dark – TPB
      (Info)  Mods that work with After Dark (Collection) – TPB
      (Info)  Illuminated Assets in Workshop, The Guide – TPB
      (Info)  Illuminated Assets in Workshop, The Collection – TPB
      (Tutorial)  Sub Buildings Enabler Documentation for Asset Creators – boformer
      (Info)  Content creator rights and how to enforce them - Avanya
      (49 total resources)

Note:
      See this page for a list of Workshop modding guides / info, which may not already be listed above.

• By Stellaris88
      Are there any games where you can be an totalitarian dictator? And Controlling everything and everyone?  Yes i know Tropico is such an game, but you are only an dictator of a small Island, not really a powerful ruler. Are there any games besides the tropico series where you can be an cruel dictator? Any games where you can rule over more than just a tiny Island as a dictator?