• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

March goal: We're almost there!   03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
calpolyfan

Stadium Building Game? - Can We Make One?

7 posts in this topic

Hey everybody..

Just wanted to float an idea that I have been brainstorming for a while..   It's a Stadium building game-  As far as I know, nobody has ever done one.

With the popularity of Football/Soccer/Baseball even Cricket and Rugby-  Why is it you don't think there has ever been a stadium building / stadium management game created?

The stadium would start as just a field, with some temporary bleachers..  Players could add concessions, sideline advertising, more bleachers etc.

Bad management would lead to lower attendance (too many/too few concessions, restrooms in bad locations/ limited/ too many (cost over runs) .

Aspects of the fan experience, such as comfort (add enough extra seatbacks if demand requires it, eventually Luge seating, and private boxes, that go all the way to VIP would be very expensive to construct, but good for high end donors)

Video boards/ audio equipment should be an element to "entertain" the fans..

Of course, a good stadium layout, combined with good stadium flow (enough vomitoriums) and not too far a distance between rows and an exit/pathway should be considered, as well as line-of sight.

Furthermore, building some sort of roofing for stadium might also be in consideration, increasing attendance vs. very hot/sunny, or rainy game days..

Simulated Game days would be a net gain/loss in total budget..

Parking/ shuttle services/ tailgating areas..

Creating very unique/interesting/ exciting stadiums of various types, all centered around the original field built would be very fun for most sports fans..

Why hasn't this been done yet?  Anybody with a programming background interested in getting this going with me?

It seems like an obvious game to make.. and a very fun one, slowly building the stadium from a prep/high school/ club level all the way to the biggest stadiums at the top levels?

This could be a great game.

What would be the challenge?

How would you build the stadium?

I imagine something similar to Prison Architect, with "waves" of fans, agressive hooligans and a very detailed simulation.

5 hours ago, boformer said:

What would be the challenge?

How would you build the stadium?

I imagine something similar to Prison Architect, with "waves" of fans, agressive hooligans and a very detailed simulation.

Pretty much..  It would be a 3d sim.. where bleachers are attached to pathways that lead to everything else..  You could buy cheap aluminum bleachers up to a certain height, and then would have to buy concrete bleachers after that, the cost getting higher and higher as they get taller.. all the cost would exponentially increase as you grew up.

Bleacher/cement sections to build the stadium, ammenities, bathrooms, concessions stands, etc..  Parking.. ramps to get into the stadium etc..

This could be a lot of fun.. guess you're not a Stadium guy BO?

13 hours ago, calpolyfan said:

I think it could be successful, but I'm not really interested in stadiums ;)

That is a really cool idea, There are so many yearly sports games, Fifia, NBA 2k, MLB the show and Madden come to mind, But you never get to build a stadium to play in.

I'd love to see that opportunity arise some day.

On 11/13/2016 at 5:29 AM, calpolyfan said:

Bleacher/cement sections to build the stadium, ammenities, bathrooms, concessions stands, etc..  Parking.. ramps to get into the stadium etc..

It's just, you need a challenge for a game to be fun. Or barring that lots and lots of freedom. Stadiums are very niche, there simply isn't -that- much you can do, so if you want to make such a game right you really have to pack it with stuff, and well it's not that it can't work, Prison Architect is quite nice, but it would need to appeal to more than just those who want to pain a stadium. :>

In my opinion it could work tied with some football/rugby/whatever management game, even to the point of having "home advantage" perks the better your stadium is, and as a team having to deal with hooligans etc. but I don't know if merely building a stadium would work just on its own. Maybe, if it's really a stadium themed management game, with emphasis on management on top of the actual building.

Hi eveyone! Do anyone of has played Acheter Pokemon Soleil? My friend suggested me for Acheter Pokemon Soleil, which had great graphical capability, processing power, and quite the fan base navigate here for more gaming consoles which are given a new dimension to the video games. The great thing about it is that anyone who is interested, can just actually go and play it as long as he has a video game console of course the Xbox 360 allows users to stream media from local PCs.