• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for June & July   06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
pclark06

pclark06 Retail BAT stuff

48 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Evanjs said:

can you make a Krogers, And Kroger Marketplaces and some gas stations

There's already Kroger's on the STEX, also we have a request thread, us it from now on.

Evanjs likes this

5 hours ago, Evanjs said:

can you make a Krogers, And Kroger Marketplaces and some gas stations

If I had the BAT ability I would make a Kroger marketplace (the superstore format that is competing with Meijer and Walmart, here in Cinci). I'm most intently doing brands not on the STEX.

CT14 and Evanjs like this

Excited for these trucks (and more coming).

Here's the list I have so far that I want to add into the game. I'll do brand-themed ones in the future.

JB Hunt
Schneider
Swift
Hub Group
Estes
YRC
Landstar
Mayflower (old livery)
United Van Lines
ABF Upack
Atlas
Allied

Old Dominion
CR England

JB Hunt copy.png

Schneider copy.png

jbhunt.jpg

These are all looking really good! Mayflower might be a little bright on the eyes as previewed above.

Kroger

We have these here, they epitomize malaise for the customer and despair for the employee. This would be a fun model to BAT/lot because of all the little storefronts around the parking lot - prop families here would make each plop quite distinct. It would also be rather gigantic - even potentially modular. These stores also tend to get rather grungy over time, although this trends with the state of the local economy.

Intermodals

Given that one of the goals here is to flesh out the horde of brands, not duplicate existing assets: in the interest of making rail and road traffic more cohesive, perhaps it's possible to create livery to match existing automata or props for intermodal trailers, such as are found on the rail lines? It looks like this might already be actually covered quite well with the current set (JB Hunt and Schneider above for example) but some of the shippers like Maersk, SeaLand would be good too.

pclark06 likes this

@CT14 intermodals would be super interesting! that's an idea I may pursue in the future.

I also need to fix the brightness on these things which should not be difficult, but I am going to get the rest of these done, judge in game and then replace what needs to be replaced. The Schneider one is too bright as well, need to go darker. I am also adding cab color variety for these things.

re: Kroger, I may do that but with a Meijer. I am unsure as of yet...

CT14 likes this

This is going to be an expansive set. I'm pretty excited! Green means they are finished and in the game. I forgot Little Debbie and added their truck on the list. There could eventually be a set for Canadian brands like Day & Ross, as well as a separate set for Grocery ones. If you have one that you want done, now is the perfect time since I have been getting through these quickly.

iQnJ7xp.jpg

1xyBVkd.png

90cvbUV.pngqAK59wV.png

He logged in just 14 hours ago, if you have something to say to him you should try to send him a PM :)

8 hours ago, JP Schriefer said:

He logged in just 14 hours ago, if you have something to say to him you should try to send him a PM :)

I have just wanna know if he's ok! 

I am, work's just busy. I might do a combo Cities:Skylines/SC4 CJ soon.

I also have a second truck set on companies I missed, that I am working on. I want to do some Canadian and Mexican companies in this set too. I have other projects non SC4 related like my iRacing team as seen below.

PPG.png

4ImgUAvo.jpg

qnJVYwXc.jpg

metarvo, JP Schriefer and Ceafus 88 like this

3 minutes ago, Ceafus 88 said:

iRacing! Love it man!

We run in a league with a few ex-NASCAR guys too, super fun.

Just now, pclark06 said:

We run in a league with a few ex-NASCAR guys too, super fun.

Ah, well I don't mean to derail the thread. *:lol: But I would love to join up sometime, I enjoy iRacing, I just got it, I have been running NR2003 up until now. *:P

pclark06 likes this

6 minutes ago, Ceafus 88 said:

Ah, well I don't mean to derail the thread. *:lol: But I would love to join up sometime, I enjoy iRacing, I just got it, I have been running NR2003 up until now. *:P

I run in CORT. Lots of guys who design and also race there. We have a lot of cool people! I have a team of 3 other people. www.cort.cool

(fixed the link)

Ceafus 88 likes this

If you guys like SC3KU, or still play, I am starting to compile a bunch of the old SC3K custom stuff that is still around on the internet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  
  • Similar Content

• By nos.17
      This lot contains 45 lots (growable CS$ and CS$). Instead of uploading these all separately, I decided to do them all together in one mega pack to make downloading easier.
      These BATs were originally created by Bobbo662 (aka B62). Unfortunately, due to real life circumstances, he was unable to finish these lots. He graciously handed his work over to me to finish and subsequently upload for yall.
      For comments/feedback/critique/praise visit my lot thread or drop me a pm. I'd be happy to help. Also, visit the website for full sized images.

-------
      Stats:
      -------
      1x1 to 4x4 Growable ONLY
      15-80 CS$ and/or CS$$ Jobs
      Plop Cost : $1500-3200
      Bulldoze Cost : $150-320
      Air/Water/GarbagePollution : Low
      Radiation : 0
      Flamability : 50 (ish)

------------------
      Dependencies:
      ------------------
      BSC_TexturePack_Cycledogg_V 01
      SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures
      nos.17 Essentials (v04+)
      BSC Mega Props - JES Vol01
      BSC Mega Props - JES Vol02
      BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01
      BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol02
      LBT Mega Prop Pack v.01
      SHK Parking Pack
      BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol 01
      Murimk Prop Pack Vol03 - Industrials

Above all... have fun!
      nos.17
    • By nos.17
      "Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. is a subsidiary of Southeastern Grocers, which is the fifth-largest conventional supermarket in the United States based on store count. Founded in 1925, Winn-Dixie employs more than 72,000 associates who serve customers in 790 grocery stores and 527 in-store pharmacies throughout the five southeastern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, and Mississippi." 1
      This BAT was originally created by Bobbo662 (aka B62). Unfortunately, due to real life circumstances, he was unable to finish the lot. He graciously handed his work over to me to finish and subsequently upload for yall.
      For comments/feedback/critique/praise visit my lot thread or drop me a pm. I'd be happy to help. Also, visit the website for full sized images.
      -------
      Stats:
      -------
      7x6 Plop & Grow CS$
           1124 CS$ Jobs
           Growthstage : 2
           Plop Cost : $25000
           BulldozeCost : $2500
           PowerConsumed : 25
           WaterConsumed : 150
           GarbagePollution : 24 over 4 tiles
           Flamability : 55

------------------
      Dependencies:
      ------------------
      SHK Parking Pack

And above all... have fun!
      nos.17
    • By nos.17
      "Wawa" is a Lenni Lenape Indian word for the Canada Goose that was found in the Delaware Valley, hence it's use in the logo. Wawa offers a large fresh food selection, including built-to-Order Hoagies, fresh-brewed coffee, quality dairy products and Wawa brand juices and teas. All Wawa stores also feature a wide selection of ready-to-go salads, fresh fruits and produce.
      This download also includes a Car Show to include in your cities. A feature originally suggested by @Hotwheeler, the Car Show will provide a moderate YIMBY effect for your cities. While it looks best placed next to the Wawa Gas Station (as in the picture), it can also be plopped anywhere on its own.
      This BAT was originally created by Bobbo662 (aka B62). Unfortunately, due to real life circumstances, he was unable to finish the lot. He graciously handed his work over to me to finish and subsequently upload for yall.

-------
      Stats:
      -------
      Gas Station:                                                    Car Show:
      4x4 Plop & Grow CS$                                6x4 LM Plop (No Jobs)
      87 CS$ Jobs, 24 CS$$ Jobs                     Plop Cost: $50,000
      Growth stage : 1                                            Bulldoze Cost: $5,000
      Plop Cost : $17500                                      Monthly Income : $125
      Bulldoze Cost : $1750                                 No pollution       
      Pollution : Minimal                                     Provides YIMBY Effect: 40 over 20 tiles
      Flamability : 65

------------------
      Dependencies:
      ------------------
      Wawa & Car Show (both lots) :
      SHK Parking Pack
      Orange MEGA Prop Pack Vol01
      Car Show lot only :
      BSC Mega Props - CP Vol01
      BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02
      LBT Mega Props vol1

nos.17
    • By nos.17
      Pizza Hut is an American restaurant chain and international franchise, known for pizza and side dishes and currently is the world's largest restaurant company. In 2012, the company had more than 6,000 Pizza Hut restaurants in the United States and had more than 5,139 store locations in 94 other countries and territories around the world.
      This BAT was originally created by Bobbo662 (aka B62). Unfortunately, due to real life circumstances, he was unable to finish the lot. He graciously handed his work over to me to finish and subsequently upload for yall.

-------
      Stats:
      -------
      4x3 CS$ Plop, 3x3 & 4x3 CS$ Grow
      Jobs : 118 CS$
           Growth Stages: 1
           Plop Cost : $5000
           BulldozeCost : $500
           PowerConsumed : 6
           WaterConsumed : 25
           Air/WaterPollution : Negligable
           GarbagePollution : 4 over 0 tiles
           Flamability : 45

------------------
      Dependencies:
      ------------------
      BSC Mega Texture Cycledogg v01
      SHK Parking Pack
      BSC Mega Props - D66 Vol01

nos.17
    • By nos.17
      Many trace discount retailing's birth to 1962, the first year of operation for Kmart, Target and Wal-Mart. Sam Walton and his wife, Helen, put up 95 percent of the money for the first Wal-Mart store in Rogers, Arkansas - borrowing heavily on Sam's vision that the American consumer was hinting to a different type of general store. As of today, Sam's gamble is a global company with more than 1.3 million associates worldwide and nearly 5,000 stores and wholesale clubs across 10 countries. Wal-Mart generates more than $256 billion in global revenue, establishing a new record and adding more than $26 billion in sales.  The company earned almost $9.1 billion in new income and grew earnings per share by more than 15 percent.
      This BAT was originally created by Bobbo662 (aka B62). Unfortunately, due to real life circumstances, he was unable to finish the lot. He graciously handed his work over to me to finish and subsequently upload for yall.

-------
      Stats:
      -------
      8x8 LMCS§ + 6x6 & 8x8 CS§ Grow
           1133 CS§ Jobs
           Growth Stage: 1 (8x8)
                                         3 (6x6)
           Plop Cost : §88000
           Bulldoze Cost : §8800
           Power Consumed : 23
           Water Consumed : 228
           Air Pollution : 11 over 5 tiles